Windows 10: Ethernet issues after new SSD Windows install.

Discus and support Ethernet issues after new SSD Windows install. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having this weird issue that mostly only seems to be an issue at start up. Little back ground, a few months ago, my factory HDD died. I purchased... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AaronWalker9, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Ethernet issues after new SSD Windows install.

I'm having this weird issue that mostly only seems to be an issue at start up. Little back ground, a few months ago, my factory HDD died. I purchased an SSD to replace it, the windows key/info is in the motherboard, so I just simply downloaded a Windows 10 directly from Microsoft and installed it. All drivers and versions have been updated. However ever since that fresh install. 95% of the time I boot up my pc. My Ethernet wont connect and stay connected on the first 1/2 dozen attempts or more. It will state "network cable not plugged in" then it will randomly identify and it may connect, or not. When it finally connects, it will stay connected as long as the pc is on, which is confusing..

I've tried resetting the modem, new ethernet cable, ipconfig /release /renew, uninstalled realtek drivers, reinstalled drivers. At this point I don't really know what to do, short of a clean install, and losing everything again in hopes it will fix the issue..

Anyone have any ideas?

The computer is an HP Omen, the Realtek is part of the motherboard, I've downloaded and installed every driver from the HP support site.

Thanks

:)

AaronWalker9, Jan 30, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 30, 2021
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Ethernet issues after new SSD Windows install.

Ethernet problems on new motherboard.

Would suggest this route ,,,,

1. Prepare for Windows installation with USB tool or use available media
    Windows USB/DVD Download Tool - Microsoft Store

2. Connect boot drive data cable to lowest numbered SATA port .... but don't connect:
    -Ethernet cable
    -SATA Data Cable for any other drives

3. Install Windows to boot drive

4. Turn off Windows ability to install Hardware drivers
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials...iver-updates-windows-update-windows-10-a.html

5. Install all hardware drivers from original media in boxes. See Item 7 below. Do NOT install WiFi drivers **.

6. Connect ethernet cable and run Windows Update till it stops doing anything

7. Install latest drivers for ALL hardware from manufacturers web sites. The reason we didn't do this in step 5 is 3 fold:
    -Sometimes MoBo CD comes with licensed utilities with product key embedded and these are not on web site versions
    -Its advisable to establish a working out of box conditions
    -Sometimes newer drivers require latest Windows Updates

If you have a 2nd drive ....

8. Shut down and connect HD data cable to 2nd lowest numbered SATA port.

9. Boot to BIOS and make sure that SSD is the 1st boot device, if not fix it

10. Boot to Windows

According to Asus Tech Support, their MoBos are not designed to have both ethernet and WiFi drivers installed concurrently. Ran into this in my own box when built on workbench had used WiFi to get all new drivers. Moved box into office, ethernet would not work. Fiddled and tweaked for 2 days, called TS and they said "no can do... pick one". I didn't believe them, but been there done that w/ Asus before. Wasn't going to get an TS from them and given one or the other, obviously would rather have ethernet. Uninstalled WiFi driver and all was right w/ the world.

Might not be your issue, but worth giving it a try,

John Naylor, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Ethernet issues after new SSD Windows install.

1. Ethernet issues after new SSD Windows install. - Similar Threads - Ethernet issues SSD

2. No Drivers after installing new SSD and Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Drivers after installing new SSD and Windows 11: Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro and I upgraded the SSD from 512GB to a 1TB one. The 1T SSD had no operating system installed and was completely out of the box from the manufacturer. I then went to Microsoft's website to download a Windows 11 installation media tool...
  3. BSOD’s after installing new SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD’s after installing new SSD?: Hello!I recently installed a new SSD into my Desktop PC due to my original boot SSD running low on storage and now it only boots up to a BSOD.Stop code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFOIt ran perfectly fine for the first week or so, but now it simply won’t let me into my PC.I unplugged...
  4. BSOD’s after installing new SSD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD’s after installing new SSD?: Hello!I recently installed a new SSD into my Desktop PC due to my original boot SSD running low on storage and now it only boots up to a BSOD.Stop code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFOIt ran perfectly fine for the first week or so, but now it simply won’t let me into my PC.I unplugged...
  5. BSOD’s after installing new SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows crashes after installing new nvme ssd.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes after installing new nvme ssd.: So,Today i bought a nvme ssd from cex the uk version of gamestop to move my os onto and maybe some other games/files.After installing the ssd into my motherboard and booting up my pc i get a "Diagnosing your PC" screen. it doesnt give detail as to what the actual issue is...
  7. BSOD after New ssd installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD after New ssd installation: Hi Guys. I have an inspiron 5578 laptop from dell. Its hdd had 448 bad sectors, so i decided to install a 2.5 inch sata ssdcrucial mx500 in its place. I've tried installing fresh os, oem image, resetting from recovery drive, but no matter how i install it, i end up getting...
  8. Windows Install Issues - SSD not in Bios after initial Install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Install Issues - SSD not in Bios after initial Install: I have a SSD M.2 as my only drive. I am trying a fresh install on a new build. 1TB WD Black I created a USB install bootable with Rufus. I go into Bios before the install and make sure that it can see the SSD and USB. Set priority. Set to UEFI only. I can go through the...
  9. Several problems after installing new Windows on ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Several problems after installing new Windows on ssd: Hello I recently installed a new ssd on my lenovo idead pad 510 laptop The laptop became faster however several issues appeared in 2 weeks since i installed new windows in ssd First problem is my keyboard the problem started with 4 keys not workin to several keys to now...
  10. re-installing windows on new SSD issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    re-installing windows on new SSD issue: Hello, Bought a new SSD today, and wanted to make a clean installation of windows 10 Home on it, but installation is not even starting, error 0xc0000225 appears, and everything just stops. I do have licensed USB flash disk....