Windows 10: Ethernet issues

Discus and support Ethernet issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So yesterday I was playing a video game and the steam overlay wasnt showing up so I decided to restart my pc. i restarted my pc but it didnt restart,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EnVadeh, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Ethernet issues

So yesterday I was playing a video game and the steam overlay wasnt showing up so I decided to restart my pc. i restarted my pc but it didnt restart, there was an underscore and a black screen. i switched off the pc manually and switched it on again. The pc started just fine but the ethernet wasnt working. i can connect via wifi but ethernet isnt connecting. there is a globe sign and ethernet doesnt work.

I restarted my pc, my router and checked to see if the ethernet cable is at fault but everything is fine.

I did a network reset

I reinstalled my device drivers

I renewed my ipconfig

My pc is lenovo y920T

I7 7700k

Gtx 1070

16 gigs ram

1 TB hdd

128 gigs ssd

submitted by /u/EnVadeh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EnVadeh, Dec 1, 2019

2. Cannot connect to ethernet no valid ip configuration

We appreciate the information you've provided. We'd like to confirm the results after following the steps on the link provided on our previous post.

Meanwhile, to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check the following:

• If the Ethernet port is clean.

• If the end of RJ45 (Ethernet cord) is still intact.

• If available, test the RJ45 (Ethernet cord) to your other device and check if issue persists.

We look forward to your reply so we can assist you further.

Zedrick Del, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Ethernet connection issues

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Ethernet connection. Let me assist you.

This issue might happen if the power saver option is set.

I suggest you to follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key + X key and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand Network Adapters.

• Right-click on the Network Adapter listed and click on
      Properties.

• Click on Power Management tab.

• Uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power box and click on
      Ok.

• Restart the computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Dec 1, 2019
  4. rez001 Win User

Ethernet issues

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Ethernet issues install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Ethernet issues pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Ethernet issues select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Ethernet issues Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Ethernet issues

1. Ethernet issues - Similar Threads - Ethernet issues

2. NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.: Hello all,My Laptop couldn't detect ethernet connection, when i checked with device manager, there's an error CODE 56. It hasn't resolved even after updating the drivers and downloaded and installled the driver from the manufacturer site but still issue hasn't resolved.Any...
  3. NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.: Hello all,My Laptop couldn't detect ethernet connection, when i checked with device manager, there's an error CODE 56. It hasn't resolved even after updating the drivers and downloaded and installled the driver from the manufacturer site but still issue hasn't resolved.Any...
  4. NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.

5. NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.

7. NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Issue between Realtek audio driver and my Ethernet cable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue between Realtek audio driver and my Ethernet cable.: I've been having this issue with my ethernet cable, where when i connect it, my realtek audio driver disappears for some reason and my computer doesn't recognize the headphones that are connected. When i pull off the Ethernet cable, connect my headphones again, and restart my...
  9. Issue between Realtek audio driver and my Ethernet cable.

Issue between Realtek audio driver and my Ethernet cable.: I've been having this issue with my ethernet cable, where when i connect it, my realtek audio driver disappears for some reason and my computer doesn't recognize the headphones that are connected. When i pull off the Ethernet cable, connect my headphones again, and restart my...
  10. Issue between Realtek audio driver and my Ethernet cable.