Windows 10: Ethernet keep randomly disconnecting when using high bandwidth usage

Discus and support Ethernet keep randomly disconnecting when using high bandwidth usage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This bug is happing long time for like 3 years. It's getting a bit better this year which let me disable/enable ethernet adapter and doesn't get stuck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by evildog1, Jan 15, 2019.

1. evildog1 Win User

Ethernet keep randomly disconnecting when using high bandwidth usage

This bug is happing long time for like 3 years. It's getting a bit better this year which let me disable/enable ethernet adapter and doesn't get stuck on restarting but this time it's getting worse when doing backup to my NAS.
    It always randomly disconnecting mostly when it's using high bandwhdth usage above 100 MB/s. I always have to disable/enable ethernet adapter everytime this happen. The more bandwhdth usage, the higher the change
    In the event log, I see the following error
    I searched and found the answer that must scan for virus and and run system reparing as well. All good but nothing helps. Tried to update driver from official Intel website, still same problem. Reboot reverted the driver to Microsoft version which I have no idea why

My PC is clean installed few months ago
    BIOS is already updated and it's resetted to default
    Tried different port and updated and reseted my router

Can anyone help me with this?

:)

evildog1, Jan 15, 2019

2. Ethernet Connection Disconnects Randomly

I'm using a wired connection to my laptop and it disconnects randomly from about every 30 minutes to every 2 hours. I've already tested with different ethernet cables so that isn't the problem.

My computer is on Windows 10 and using the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.

I've already tried updating the driver to the newest one on the Realtek website, and reverting to old ones. I have also tried disabling Green Ethernet, Energy Efficient Ethernet, changing the setting of Auto-disable Gigabit, and unchecking "turn off this
    device to save power"

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

fluffycrater, Jan 15, 2019
  3. RevoLand Win User
    Windows 10 Ethernet connection randomly disconnects

Hello,

So this issue has been annoying me since i have changed my old i5-4670 with a ryzen.

Ethernet: Realtek 8111H (MSI X370 Gaming Plus)
    Modem/Router: Airties Air 5760

What i have tried so far to fix my issue:
    • Re-installing Windows
    • Updating Ryzen chipset drivers
    • Updating Realtek LAN drivers (both from MSI & Realtek)
    • Updating MSI' LAN releated drivers (MSI Gaming Lan Manager)
    • Replacing ethernet cable
    • Restarting router to factory settings
    Still no luck, keeps happening randomly. Sometimes it is stable for days then it is not stable for 20 mins. Happening when gaming or idle, or while streaming via steam link.
    Windows' own issue fixer thingy fix the issue for the moment, re-plugging the cable, disabling & enabling the ethernet adapter also fixes the issue for the moment.
    Also i am the only one having this issue in the network, TV and phones are still connected to wifi.

It is started to be real annoying, so time to get help to fix the issue from TPU. Thanks in advance! *I Love TPU :lovetpu:

RevoLand, Jan 15, 2019
  4. JJF_828 Win User

Wired Ethernet randomly disconnects occasionally

Hello, I've been having trouble with my Ethernet connection to my computer.

Recently, after installing updates for Windows 10 my computer has randomly disconnected my Ethernet connection to it.

I've made sure the modem works fine, and I've also done various steps to try to fix it.

Resetting my IP, turning off the power savers for my network drivers, turning off all of my firewalls, etc.

I don't have the slightest clue on what might be causing it, and I can't uninstall the security update as my computer states it is a "required" update.

In my old computer, I had the same problem, but I was able to uninstall the security update, thus fixing my problem.

Since I can't on my new computer, are there any suggestions I can take?

If you need any information, let me know.

My network driver is a Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller, updated to the latest driver. (6/15/2018 from website details)

JJF_828, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Ethernet keep randomly disconnecting when using high bandwidth usage - Similar Threads - Ethernet keep randomly

2. Random Disconnection Ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Disconnection Ethernet: Hello, I randomly get disconnected from the internet. I couldn't pinpoint the cause. Event viewer logs two of the same errors:The name "PCNAME :20" could not be registered on the interface with IP address 192.168.1.33. The computer with the IP address 169.254.38.155...
  3. Windows 10 freezes sometimes at random with very high bandwidth usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezes sometimes at random with very high bandwidth usage: Honestly, this started happening like a year ago, but I've kind of just ignored it, since the computer is still usable, but it will just randomly freeze for like 20 seconds. In really bad scenarios is will freeze for like a minute or more, but those are generally very rare....
  4. Windows 10 freezes sometimes at random with very high bandwidth usage

Windows 10 freezes sometimes at random with very high bandwidth usage: Honestly, this started happening like a year ago, but I've kind of just ignored it, since the computer is still usable, but it will just randomly freeze for like 20 seconds. In really bad scenarios is will freeze for like a minute or more, but those are generally very rare....
  5. Windows 10 freezes sometimes at random with very high bandwidth usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Internet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting randomly using ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting randomly using ethernet: Greetings,I just built a new PC with Windows 11, everything is working smoothly, however, my internet connection keeps disconnecting and reconnecting randomly every few minutes/seconds.I am using Ethernet BTW, but my PC has Wifi as well Which is disconnectedI really don't...
  7. Internet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting randomly using ethernet

Internet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting randomly using ethernet: Greetings,I just built a new PC with Windows 11, everything is working smoothly, however, my internet connection keeps disconnecting and reconnecting randomly every few minutes/seconds.I am using Ethernet BTW, but my PC has Wifi as well Which is disconnectedI really don't...
  8. Ethernet keeps disconnecting randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet keeps disconnecting randomly.: Hi,I have had a problem for the past 4 days, i have a tplink wifi extension for my pc, after i switched to win11. The problem occurs randomly, it can be after 7hours or after 30minutes. When i try to run a diagnose, it saya "doesnt have ip configuration " or "correctly...
  9. Ethernet keeps disconnecting randomly.

Ethernet keeps disconnecting randomly.: Hi,I have had a problem for the past 4 days, i have a tplink wifi extension for my pc, after i switched to win11. The problem occurs randomly, it can be after 7hours or after 30minutes. When i try to run a diagnose, it saya "doesnt have ip configuration " or "correctly...
  10. High bandwidth usage of ntoskrnl.exe.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    High bandwidth usage of ntoskrnl.exe.: I am using windows 10 for a long time but recently from few months, I am facing this issue every time I turn on my laptop. The Systemntoskrnl.exe eating all my data, whenever i connect to the internet, I am totally frustrated with this issue, I tried finding solution online...