Windows 10: Ethernet keeps connecting and disconnecting

Discus and support Ethernet keeps connecting and disconnecting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! My name is Iannis and I ordered a new Mainboard. It came today and I have some issues. So, before I was using a MSI B450-A Pro Mainboard. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Iannis Mihai, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Ethernet keeps connecting and disconnecting

Hello!

My name is Iannis and I ordered a new Mainboard. It came today and I have some issues.

So, before I was using a MSI B450-A Pro Mainboard. I had no issues. A week ago I bought a ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming. As soon as I installed it, my Ethernet connecion kept "crashing" the whole time. I searched for some solutions on the web, but nothing helped. I thought it was because something broke. So i gave it back and I got a MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon Max WiFi. It is BRAND NEW. I have the same issue as before with the Asus one.

I really dont know what to do. I found some solutions and they work, but when I open something on Google, my Ethernet "crashes" and I automatically connect with WiFi. Why cant I use Ethernet? Does it have to do something with the Software, or is this Mainboard also broken?

I hope, someone can help me

:)

Iannis Mihai, Aug 5, 2020
  2. msrdude Win User

Laptop ethernet keeps disconnecting and connecting

i just got my new internet, modem and router. The tech hooked up everything to and it works. Laptop is connected via ethernet. The internet keeps disconnecting and connecting like every 5 to 20 mins. It would have that yellow triangle on the bottom saying no internet, then either it will come back, or i would have to disconnect the ethernet cable and re-connect it to get internet connection again.
    - It is not the modem or the router as my wifi and my ps3 (which is connected via ethernet) never disconnects.
    - It is not the wire as i have replaced it.
    - It is not a damaged port on the router as i have switched to different ports.
    - I removed every power saver on the battery options as it could be reason
    I am out of ideas. Anyone know what could be the porblem? Could it be a bad ethernet line on my laptop?

msrdude, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Ethernet Keep disconnecting and connecting frequently

Ethernet keep disconnecting and connecting frequently while wireless connection working properly.

I'm using HP Laptop and the driver version is 10.1.505 . I'm using Windows 10 Pro

AMARENDRA_802, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Ethernet keeps connecting and disconnecting

Constantly disconnecting with ethernet cable

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue.

I suggest you to check if rolling back the Ethernet driver helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• First of all, Press Windows logo + R from keyboard. It will open
      RUN.
    • Now type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager.
    • You will see all the device list of your PC. Expand Network Adapters
    Rollback driver

Double click on your Ethernet driver in Device Manager. Then Click on
    Driver tab and select Rollback.

Important: If your drive is performing well and there is no error, Rollback driver button will be grayed out as an option.

If it still does not help, I suggest you to reinstall the drivers for the Ethernet driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Note: Once you uninstall the drivers the Ethernet adapter device will be disabled and you won’t be able to connect to internet. So it is advisable to keep all the installer files as a back up in your hard drive.

Write to us with the results for further assistance.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Ethernet keeps connecting and disconnecting

1. Ethernet keeps connecting and disconnecting - Similar Threads - Ethernet keeps connecting

2. Ethernet Keeps connecting for a second then disconnect itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Keeps connecting for a second then disconnect itself: This has been quite a problem for now and it goes away then come back randomlyI have changed the ethernet cable 3 times and the problem still remains. The ethernet just stay at "No Internet" "Not connected" even though the cable is plugged in and sometimes when it connects...
  3. Ethernet Keeps connecting for a second then disconnect itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Keeps connecting for a second then disconnect itself: This has been quite a problem for now and it goes away then come back randomlyI have changed the ethernet cable 3 times and the problem still remains. The ethernet just stay at "No Internet" "Not connected" even though the cable is plugged in and sometimes when it connects...
  4. Ethernet Keeps connecting for a second then disconnect itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ethernet keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet keeps disconnecting: So I just got a new PC, everything works smoothly, however whenever I try to plug in my ethernet, it'll connect for a random amount of time few hours or few days and then mysteriously it disconnects.I try unplugging and replugging it into my PC but with no results. Only when...
  6. Ethernet keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet keeps disconnecting: So I just got a new PC, everything works smoothly, however whenever I try to plug in my ethernet, it'll connect for a random amount of time few hours or few days and then mysteriously it disconnects.I try unplugging and replugging it into my PC but with no results. Only when...
  7. Ethernet keeps disconnecting

8. Ethernet keeps disconnecting

Ethernet keeps disconnecting: My pc keeps showing that I have no internet connection and in network adapter setting its showing my ethernet cabble is unplugged but I can temporarily fix it by disabling and enabling the network adapter but the internet again disconnects after a few minutes....
  9. Ethernet keeps disconnecting

Ethernet keeps disconnecting: Since upgrading to Win10 (1903 then 1909) I have had frequent disconnections on my broadband. I use a standard CAT 5 ethernet cable connected to my router, and after about 10 minutes or so of internet connectivity my broadband drops. I can still connect to the router which...
  10. Laptop ethernet keeps disconnecting and connecting

Laptop ethernet keeps disconnecting and connecting: i just got my new internet, modem and router. The tech hooked up everything to and it works. Laptop is connected via ethernet. The internet keeps disconnecting and connecting like every 5 to 20 mins. It would have that yellow triangle on the bottom saying no internet, then...