Windows 10: Ethernet keeps disconnecting

Discus and support Ethernet keeps disconnecting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since upgrading to Win10 (1903 then 1909) I have had frequent disconnections on my broadband. I use a standard CAT 5 ethernet cable connected to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bendipa, Feb 13, 2020.

1. bendipa Win User

Ethernet keeps disconnecting

Since upgrading to Win10 (1903 then 1909) I have had frequent disconnections on my broadband. I use a standard CAT 5 ethernet cable connected to my router, and after about 10 minutes or so of internet connectivity my broadband drops. I can still connect to the router which shows the signal apparently still going with my IP address, but pinging any website (eg Google) using cmd just gives a blank, not even a disconnected or error message. Meanwhile the internet icon in the system tray shows no internet connection.

A reboot will return my internet connection back to normal until the next drop which could be 10-20 minutes later. I should add I do not have this issue with Win 7 or Linux. I have an onboard ethernet chip on my motherboard, but clearly there's nothing wrong there, so this issue does seem Win 10 related. Any ideas on resolving this would be welcome.

:)

bendipa, Feb 13, 2020

2. Constantly disconnecting with ethernet cable

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue.

I suggest you to check if rolling back the Ethernet driver helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• First of all, Press Windows logo + R from keyboard. It will open
      RUN.
    • Now type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager.
    • You will see all the device list of your PC. Expand Network Adapters
    Rollback driver

Double click on your Ethernet driver in Device Manager. Then Click on
    Driver tab and select Rollback.

Important: If your drive is performing well and there is no error, Rollback driver button will be grayed out as an option.

If it still does not help, I suggest you to reinstall the drivers for the Ethernet driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Note: Once you uninstall the drivers the Ethernet adapter device will be disabled and you won’t be able to connect to internet. So it is advisable to keep all the installer files as a back up in your hard drive.

Write to us with the results for further assistance.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 13, 2020
  3. msrdude Win User
    Laptop ethernet keeps disconnecting and connecting

i just got my new internet, modem and router. The tech hooked up everything to and it works. Laptop is connected via ethernet. The internet keeps disconnecting and connecting like every 5 to 20 mins. It would have that yellow triangle on the bottom saying no internet, then either it will come back, or i would have to disconnect the ethernet cable and re-connect it to get internet connection again.
    - It is not the modem or the router as my wifi and my ps3 (which is connected via ethernet) never disconnects.
    - It is not the wire as i have replaced it.
    - It is not a damaged port on the router as i have switched to different ports.
    - I removed every power saver on the battery options as it could be reason
    I am out of ideas. Anyone know what could be the porblem? Could it be a bad ethernet line on my laptop?

msrdude, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

ShellExperienceHost hanging during boot when ethernet disconnected

Hi,

It is possible that you're experiencing ShellExperienceHost hanging during boot when Ethernet is disconnected due to corruptions. To assist you better, we'd like to know which build and version of Windows 10 you're using. Are you getting
    any error messages when you tried opening/using Cortana? What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by Teemo Tang on this

thread
    to troubleshoot the error ShellExperienceHost
    hanging during boot when Ethernet is disconnected.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Ethernet keeps disconnecting - Similar Threads - Ethernet keeps disconnecting

2. Ethernet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: Hi. My ethernet connection keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and i can't get a stable connection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/31ad416c-ff9a-427d-84b4-1ce4252514a5
  3. Ethernet keeps disconnecting randomly.

Ethernet keeps disconnecting randomly.: Hi,I have had a problem for the past 4 days, i have a tplink wifi extension for my pc, after i switched to win11. The problem occurs randomly, it can be after 7hours or after 30minutes. When i try to run a diagnose, it saya "doesnt have ip configuration " or "correctly...
  4. Ethernet keeps intermittently disconnecting

Ethernet keeps intermittently disconnecting: I am running Windows 11 Pro on a custom-built PC. I went for a break for a month, after which this issue has started occurring. On turning on the PC, the ethernet disconnects after 30 min or so, and then I unplug and plug back the cable, and it comes back for a min or so....
  5. Ethernet keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet keeps disconnecting: So I just got a new PC, everything works smoothly, however whenever I try to plug in my ethernet, it'll connect for a random amount of time few hours or few days and then mysteriously it disconnects.I try unplugging and replugging it into my PC but with no results. Only when...
  6. Ethernet keeps disconnecting

Ethernet keeps disconnecting: So I just got a new PC, everything works smoothly, however whenever I try to plug in my ethernet, it'll connect for a random amount of time few hours or few days and then mysteriously it disconnects.I try unplugging and replugging it into my PC but with no results. Only when...
  7. Ethernet keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Ethernet and Wireless keep disconnecting

Ethernet and Wireless keep disconnecting: Hi,I have a problem where my ethernet intermittently keeps dropping. Occasionally it happens on WiFi as well and I've also seen it happen on a USB-to-Ethernet adapter.I have a large network with many other devices connected physically and wirelessly but no other device is...
  9. Ethernet keeps disconnecting

Ethernet keeps disconnecting: My pc keeps showing that I have no internet connection and in network adapter setting its showing my ethernet cabble is unplugged but I can temporarily fix it by disabling and enabling the network adapter but the internet again disconnects after a few minutes....
  10. Ethernet keeps connecting and disconnecting

Ethernet keeps connecting and disconnecting: Hello! My name is Iannis and I ordered a new Mainboard. It came today and I have some issues. So, before I was using a MSI B450-A Pro Mainboard. I had no issues. A week ago I bought a ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming. As soon as I installed it, my Ethernet connecion kept...