Windows 10: Ethernet keeps dropping and randomly coming back

Discus and support Ethernet keeps dropping and randomly coming back in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have reset the network 3 times...clearly that isnt working. I have an ethernet connection and no other computers or wifi are affected, just my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WarriorWolfeh, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Ethernet keeps dropping and randomly coming back

I have reset the network 3 times...clearly that isnt working.

I have an ethernet connection and no other computers or wifi are affected, just my computer.

The connection will just drop, and say i have none, then when I troubleshoot it says the "ethernet doesnt have a valid configuration" and i either have to restart my computer to fix it or it just randomly start working again after 10-30 minutes.

This has happened every day every time i use the computer for tje past week. It cuts out randomly, whether im playing a game or just watching a video.

Please help

:)

WarriorWolfeh, Mar 25, 2021
  2. RevoLand Win User

Windows 10 Ethernet connection randomly disconnects

Hello,

So this issue has been annoying me since i have changed my old i5-4670 with a ryzen.

Ethernet: Realtek 8111H (MSI X370 Gaming Plus)
    Modem/Router: Airties Air 5760

What i have tried so far to fix my issue:
    • Re-installing Windows
    • Updating Ryzen chipset drivers
    • Updating Realtek LAN drivers (both from MSI & Realtek)
    • Updating MSI' LAN releated drivers (MSI Gaming Lan Manager)
    • Replacing ethernet cable
    • Restarting router to factory settings
    Still no luck, keeps happening randomly. Sometimes it is stable for days then it is not stable for 20 mins. Happening when gaming or idle, or while streaming via steam link.
    Windows' own issue fixer thingy fix the issue for the moment, re-plugging the cable, disabling & enabling the ethernet adapter also fixes the issue for the moment.
    Also i am the only one having this issue in the network, TV and phones are still connected to wifi.

It is started to be real annoying, so time to get help to fix the issue from TPU. Thanks in advance! *I Love TPU :lovetpu:

RevoLand, Mar 25, 2021
  3. pareod Win User
    Fresh Install Ethernet Connection Drops

I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro x64. Ever since it was installed my wired ethernet connections has been randomly dropping. I have Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet under Device Manager Network Adapters.

pareod, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

Ethernet keeps dropping and randomly coming back

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Ethernet keeps dropping and randomly coming back

1. Ethernet keeps dropping and randomly coming back - Similar Threads - Ethernet keeps dropping

2. These random files keep coming back, what are they?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    These random files keep coming back, what are they?: I had this issue around 5 months ago maybe where these files kept appearing randomly, it went away, but now its back again, what the heck? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/these-random-files-keep-coming-back-what-are-they/f3a37ef2-4b49-4bc7-9190-8389df4087cc
  3. These random files keep coming back, what are they?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    These random files keep coming back, what are they?: I had this issue around 5 months ago maybe where these files kept appearing randomly, it went away, but now its back again, what the heck? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/these-random-files-keep-coming-back-what-are-they/f3a37ef2-4b49-4bc7-9190-8389df4087cc
  4. Ethernet randomly cuts out for a second or two then comes back?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet randomly cuts out for a second or two then comes back?: Hello, I have always had slow internet, but recently my ethernet will randomly cut out for a second or two then come back. The interval is random, from just seconds after the last time to full hours. I have no idea what is happening, Windows says the drivers are all up to...
  5. Ethernet randomly cuts out for a second or two then comes back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet randomly cuts out for a second or two then comes back?: Hello, I have always had slow internet, but recently my ethernet will randomly cut out for a second or two then come back. The interval is random, from just seconds after the last time to full hours. I have no idea what is happening, Windows says the drivers are all up to...
  6. Ethernet randomly cuts out for a second or two then comes back?

7. Drop shadow for desktop icon text font keeps coming back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop shadow for desktop icon text font keeps coming back: I have done everything in the topic "Drop shadow for desktop icon text font keeps coming back" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-shadow-for-desktop-icon-text-font-keeps/484f0cb2-f87e-41e1-a37f-a01735e25e6c, including setting every drop shadow setting...
  8. Windows 11 - Desktop Icons Drop Shadow keeps coming back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Desktop Icons Drop Shadow keeps coming back: Hi,I installed Windows 11, and I disabled the drop shadow of desktop icons in Advanced / Performance dialog box. But, when I drag a window all the way to the left or to the right to tile vertically two windows, the drop shadow comes back.How can I disable for good the shadow...
  9. Windows 11 - Desktop Icons Drop Shadow keeps coming back

Windows 11 - Desktop Icons Drop Shadow keeps coming back: Hi,I installed Windows 11, and I disabled the drop shadow of desktop icons in Advanced / Performance dialog box. But, when I drag a window all the way to the left or to the right to tile vertically two windows, the drop shadow comes back.How can I disable for good the shadow...
  10. This keeps coming back...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This keeps coming back...: So not that long ago when I started my laptop there came a message: “scanning and repairing drive C”. I was like okay no worries but every time I restart or something it comes back. I tried to check the drive manually I tried to skip the scanning but nothing seems to work....