Windows 10: Ethernet keeps intermittently disconnecting

Discus and support Ethernet keeps intermittently disconnecting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am running Windows 11 Pro on a custom-built PC. I went for a break for a month, after which this issue has started occurring. On turning on the PC,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RohitDas5, Nov 12, 2022.

1. RohitDas5 Win User

Ethernet keeps intermittently disconnecting

I am running Windows 11 Pro on a custom-built PC. I went for a break for a month, after which this issue has started occurring. On turning on the PC, the ethernet disconnects after 30 min or so, and then I unplug and plug back the cable, and it comes back for a min or so. Same thing happens if I disable and enable the adapter, run troubleshooter or any other way. The cable is fine since the connection doesn't disconnect either in a different device, or in a different OS like Ubuntu, which I tried on my system. I have tried resetting the PC not factory reset, don't want to go down that route,

:)

RohitDas5, Nov 12, 2022
  2. I3C
    i3c Win User

surface dock ethernet disconnects intermittently

Hi This is my second Surface Dock (connected to Surface Book) The first one intermittently lost connection to my monitor. After many attempts to remedy I ended up solving the problem by replacing it.

The replacement is working ok with my monitor but now the Ethernet disconnects intermittently. Hopefully I don't have another faulty dock. Any suggestions?

3. Constantly disconnecting with ethernet cable

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue.

I suggest you to check if rolling back the Ethernet driver helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• First of all, Press Windows logo + R from keyboard. It will open
      RUN.
    • Now type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager.
    • You will see all the device list of your PC. Expand Network Adapters
    Rollback driver

Double click on your Ethernet driver in Device Manager. Then Click on
    Driver tab and select Rollback.

Important: If your drive is performing well and there is no error, Rollback driver button will be grayed out as an option.

If it still does not help, I suggest you to reinstall the drivers for the Ethernet driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Note: Once you uninstall the drivers the Ethernet adapter device will be disabled and you won’t be able to connect to internet. So it is advisable to keep all the installer files as a back up in your hard drive.

Write to us with the results for further assistance.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 12, 2022
  4. Ethernet keeps intermittently disconnecting

Ethernet and Wireless keep disconnecting - Windows 10 Pro 21H1

Fair enough, I wouldn't have suggested DNS if I had known about the 100+ successful connections. *Smile

If the connectivity issue is irregular & intermittent, a Clean boot makes sense. Further troubleshooting after a Clean boot is pretty straight forward, hopefully you're maintaining a list of apps that were disabled.

If after Clean booting, everything is functioning correctly, the next step is to start enabling apps again. Some users choose to add 50% of the disabled apps and test operations after every addition. If the fault reappears, review the last group of apps that were enabled and disable half of them.
    The process can be tedious but not very complex.

Does this PC have any other external IO connections, special network apps or modifications?

Was the PC working successfully before any recent changes to hardware, software or updates?

W10 Tweaker, Nov 12, 2022
Thema:

Ethernet keeps intermittently disconnecting

1. Ethernet keeps intermittently disconnecting - Similar Threads - Ethernet keeps intermittently

2. Ethernet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: Hi. My ethernet connection keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and i can't get a stable connection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/31ad416c-ff9a-427d-84b4-1ce4252514a5
  3. Ethernet keeps intermittently disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet keeps intermittently disconnecting: I am running Windows 11 Pro on a custom-built PC. I went for a break for a month, after which this issue has started occurring. On turning on the PC, the ethernet disconnects after 30 min or so, and then I unplug and plug back the cable, and it comes back for a min or so....
  4. Ethernet keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet keeps disconnecting: So I just got a new PC, everything works smoothly, however whenever I try to plug in my ethernet, it'll connect for a random amount of time few hours or few days and then mysteriously it disconnects.I try unplugging and replugging it into my PC but with no results. Only when...
  5. Ethernet keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet keeps disconnecting: So I just got a new PC, everything works smoothly, however whenever I try to plug in my ethernet, it'll connect for a random amount of time few hours or few days and then mysteriously it disconnects.I try unplugging and replugging it into my PC but with no results. Only when...
  6. Ethernet keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Ethernet and Wireless keep disconnecting

Ethernet and Wireless keep disconnecting: Hi,I have a problem where my ethernet intermittently keeps dropping. Occasionally it happens on WiFi as well and I've also seen it happen on a USB-to-Ethernet adapter.I have a large network with many other devices connected physically and wirelessly but no other device is...
  8. Ethernet keeps disconnecting

Ethernet keeps disconnecting: My pc keeps showing that I have no internet connection and in network adapter setting its showing my ethernet cabble is unplugged but I can temporarily fix it by disabling and enabling the network adapter but the internet again disconnects after a few minutes....
  9. Ethernet keeps connecting and disconnecting

Ethernet keeps connecting and disconnecting: Hello! My name is Iannis and I ordered a new Mainboard. It came today and I have some issues. So, before I was using a MSI B450-A Pro Mainboard. I had no issues. A week ago I bought a ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming. As soon as I installed it, my Ethernet connecion kept...
  10. Ethernet keeps disconnecting

Ethernet keeps disconnecting: Since upgrading to Win10 (1903 then 1909) I have had frequent disconnections on my broadband. I use a standard CAT 5 ethernet cable connected to my router, and after about 10 minutes or so of internet connectivity my broadband drops. I can still connect to the router which...