Windows 10: Ethernet keeps saying no internet.

Discus and support Ethernet keeps saying no internet. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been trying to hook my computer up to my router via ethernet because my wifi connection isn't that great. It kept on turning on and then turning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Communist_Gecko, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Ethernet keeps saying no internet.

I've been trying to hook my computer up to my router via ethernet because my wifi connection isn't that great. It kept on turning on and then turning off saying that it is unplugged. I changed the speed an duplex to 10 maps Full duplex and was able to get it to recognize that it is plugged in, but that there is no internet. I've checked everywhere online and cannot find a solution. I think I need to manually put in the ip addresses but idk.

submitted by /u/Communist_Gecko
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Communist_Gecko, Mar 9, 2021
  2. altae Win User

My internet keeps dropping out!

I suggest you connect your laptop to the router with a ethernet cable. If the wired connection is stable you know that there is nothing wrong with the internet connection itself and with your LAN. Next step would be to go to the website of your laptop manufacturer and look for the latest WLAN drivers. Install them and test whether it improves the reliability of your WLAN connection. Then post back the results.

altae, Mar 9, 2021
  3. rez001 Win User
    IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Ethernet keeps saying no internet. [​IMG]

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Mar 9, 2021
  4. Ethernet keeps saying no internet.

internet keeps dropping, says DNS error

Ok my internet line keeps dropping randomly every time I play a game, surf the web, etc. I do not know whats going on ISP changed the modem says it could be my router. I have never touched my router after doing the tomato firmware change, this is getting frustrating, any suggestions?

Things I have tried:
    Restarting modem and router
    Changing Modem
    Restarting modem from ISP(called them)

-1nf1n1ty-, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Ethernet keeps saying no internet.

1. Ethernet keeps saying no internet. - Similar Threads - Ethernet keeps saying

2. My ethernet cable is connected but it says "no internet"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My ethernet cable is connected but it says "no internet": Hi, I've had this problem with my pc for a while now, but rebooting it has always fixed it. Today, however, no matter how many times I restart it, I can't connect to the internet through the ethernet cable which I'm sure works. I am not very experienced, so if you need any...
  3. My ethernet cable is connected but it says "no internet"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My ethernet cable is connected but it says "no internet": Hi, I've had this problem with my pc for a while now, but rebooting it has always fixed it. Today, however, no matter how many times I restart it, I can't connect to the internet through the ethernet cable which I'm sure works. I am not very experienced, so if you need any...
  4. My ethernet cable is connected but it says "no internet"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My ethernet cable is connected but it says "no internet"

6. Ethernet says connected, but no internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet says connected, but no internet.: Hello all.I am coming here today as a last resort seeking help on a new issue that has developed for me the past few days.When I connect my ethernet cord to my motherboard, it says connected and has the symbol that shows connected but I have no internet. I tested the cord on...
  7. Ethernet says connected, but no internet.

Ethernet says connected, but no internet.: Hello all.I am coming here today as a last resort seeking help on a new issue that has developed for me the past few days.When I connect my ethernet cord to my motherboard, it says connected and has the symbol that shows connected but I have no internet. I tested the cord on...
  8. Ethernet says connected, but no internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Ethernet says it is connected but internet isn't working

Ethernet says it is connected but internet isn't working: I've been trying to work through this issue for about a week now. My ethernet is shows it is connected, but is unable to open any web pages or actually show a connection. I have tried: Running Network Diagnostics (multiple/differing errors every time, and sometimes no...
  10. Ethernet keeps dropping internet connection

Ethernet keeps dropping internet connection: This has been driving me nuts for months, please help! I am running Windows 10 Pro (64 bit), up to date, I have a Dell and their software is keeping all drivers up to date too. I'm trying to use ethernet rather than WiFi for gigabit speeds across my network, however, the...