Windows 10: Ethernet LAN network

Discus and support Ethernet LAN network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On a daily basis I never know what to expect from my so called "simple 2 PC network". There is nothing simple about having a great connection one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichaelTurnerYT, May 15, 2019.

1. Ethernet LAN network

On a daily basis I never know what to expect from my so called "simple 2 PC network". There is nothing simple about having a great connection one day, then the next day it says "Windows cannot access ... (the other computer)". It seems like I spend more time investigating why this happens and never get anywhere. For the umpteenth time. Two Pc's connected with a crossover Ethernet cable. Both PC are Windows 10 version 1803. One is a Home version, the other is the Pro version. IP addresses are 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2. Advanced Sharing settings are both exactly alike. I've enabled and disabled password protection. Both are Public, and both have the Network Discovery enabled. File sharing is all appropriate for sharing files. Security on the files is set to "Everyone". I've made changes in Services to Automatic to Function Discovery, SSDP Discovery, TCP/IP NetBios Helper, and the UPnP Device Host.

This has been going on for the last 6 months and I don't know if I'm coming or going anymore. It's take 2-3 days to get it to finally run good for 1 day, then it's right back to "Windows cannot access...

There has got to be a once and for all a definitive fix for this. It's driving me nuts..

:)

MichaelTurnerYT, May 15, 2019
  2. RopanIPGI Win User

Ethernet 'LAN' Network

Hi there,

Why I cannot reach (connect) the LAN while is offline from internet (limited access to internet).

I can only access the LAN when there is internet access.

My colleague's PC can get in to the network (they use wifi with or without internet access)

I tried to use the same Wifi, none.

I off my firewall, none

I on my network discovery, none

i diagnose the network, none ( It says: "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP config)

the only way i can use the network is go reset the router with da*n complicated procedure with a management where I work.

I hate this procedures ( need meet some higher management to make approval and sign some paper that i need to enter the server room where the router installed).

I want to use the LaN or wifi even though without internet.

I am using W10.

Thanks for your support.

RopanIPGI, May 15, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, May 15, 2019
  4. Ethernet LAN network

network connectivity

I highly suggest that you try these steps instead:

• Press theWindows
      key + X button on your keyboard.

• Go to
      Control Panel.

• Select
      Network and Sharing Center.

• Click on
      Internet options.

• Choose
      Connections
      tab.

• Click on
      LAN Settings.

• Uncheck
      Use a Proxy server for your LAN.

• Click
      Apply, then
      OK.

CourageDog, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Ethernet LAN network

1. Ethernet LAN network - Similar Threads - Ethernet LAN network

2. Windows 11 is not updating under the LANS network Ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is not updating under the LANS network Ethernet: Windows 11 is not updating under the LANS network Ethernet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-is-not-updating-under-the-lans-network/ea25e19c-ae13-4fdb-8e99-3489de5088f0
  3. Windows 11 is not updating under the LANS network Ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 is not updating under the LANS network Ethernet: Windows 11 is not updating under the LANS network Ethernet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-is-not-updating-under-the-lans-network/ea25e19c-ae13-4fdb-8e99-3489de5088f0
  4. Networking LAN Issue "Ethernet does'nt have valid ip configuration"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Networking LAN Issue "Ethernet does'nt have valid ip configuration": I have an Tplink AX1500, it is IPV6 capable. Been working 3 years My Desktop PC is :IntelR CoreTM i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz 2.67 GHz 32.0 GBSo I purchased a CAT6 cable and connected it to my router. I couldn't access the internet.So I went into Tether, the app provided by Tplink....
  5. LAN or Ethernet Connector failures

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LAN or Ethernet Connector failures: I recently bought a computer and installed windows 10 pro on it. I bought the license and activated it and everything was going perfectly. But one day the internet the computer only works with cable started to fail. I thought it was the coverage of the modem but I brought my...
  6. Ethernet lan not connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet lan not connected: [ATTACH] How to fix it? Window 10 pro 2004. I follow every instruction from youtube & other website . But i cannot fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-lan-not-connected/bcb343ec-8d43-471d-b461-455143f017ed
  7. configure network to use WIFI for LAN/Print and Ethernet for internet

configure network to use WIFI for LAN/Print and Ethernet for internet: HI, I am a newb to the forum this is my first post. My network topology is Comcast Modem>Switch>Wireless Access Point My Win 10 Desktop is connected to the switch for Internet Access. The network printer is connected to the Wireless access point. I would like to keep...
  8. Lan network

Lan network: How can I make Windows 10 to make automatic IP adress for my Lan network so it will stay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/lan-network/77038a8c-38c9-4d0b-a151-ed10442803e9
  9. windows 10 unidentified network on LAN/ethernet

windows 10 unidentified network on LAN/ethernet: dear sir/ madame i've been with this problem for months and i have tried multiple solutions offered by others on the internet, yet i'll give it another try here. i'm using a powerline adapter directly plugged into the wall on my desktop. And it has worked excellent...
  10. Ethernet lan port problem

Ethernet lan port problem: Hello, I have just installed windows 10 pro from windows 7 pro. The problem is that my Ethernet connection from my router used to work just fine on windows 7 and i have also tested it on another computer and it works fine also. My router is a ZTE ZXHN H108N Series and shows a...