Windows 10: Ethernet lan port problem

Discus and support Ethernet lan port problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have just installed windows 10 pro from windows 7 pro. The problem is that my Ethernet connection from my router used to work just fine on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by REFILOE, May 19, 2016.

1. REFILOE Win User

Ethernet lan port problem

Hello, I have just installed windows 10 pro from windows 7 pro. The problem is that my Ethernet connection from my router used to work just fine on windows 7 and i have also tested it on another computer and it works fine also. My router is a ZTE ZXHN H108N Series and shows a light for each connection, the LAN light does not go on like before or like on the other computer running windows 8. I have spend all day going from forum to forum but to no avail. I also tried Installing PROWin32 but it says that I have no adapter on my computer. Please help. Also all my Network adapters in Device Manager are WAN Miniport(...) and have no idea which one is for my LAN.

:)

REFILOE, May 19, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

ethernet connection

Attach one end of an Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port on your computer. Attach the other end of the cable to a LAN port on your router. Make sure that the router is powered on and connected to your modem.

BulldogXX, May 19, 2016
  3. Windows 10 install error C1900101-30018

Found a problem which the MS folks may be able to fix easily. After installing Win 10 via the LAN port, I disconnected the ethernet and tried to install the wifi adapter back again. The moment it was activated, computer went into an endless loop of reboots.
    Removed the adapter, reconnected the ethernet, and Windows 10 booted up without a problem. The problem appears to be a conflict between the LAN port and wireless port in network connections. Saw the solution in Windows 10 Forums: Once I disabled the LAN in
    Windows 10, I could connect and activate the wifi adapter, and the computer booted normally without looping back. See link below;

Windows 10 boot loops when ethernet cable is unplugged

Perhaps this is the same reason why Win10 install terminates prematurely when we try to download and install it via the wifi/USB route?

Mathew201508, May 19, 2016
  4. wyldman68 Win User

Did you update the Ethernet drivers from the manufacturer and not just use the Windows 10 generic drivers?

wyldman68, May 19, 2016
  5. RWOne Win User
Thema:

1. Ethernet lan port problem - Similar Threads - Ethernet lan port

2. BUFFERING PROBLEMS WITH LAN ETHERNET CONNECTION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BUFFERING PROBLEMS WITH LAN ETHERNET CONNECTION: I got a new PC totally ensembled and all was great, until one day Youtube, Netflix and Disney+ videos, and some pages as Edx start to slow loading, the videos only reproduce in low quality and the pages take ages to load. At the beginning I found some upgrade of Win11 was...
  3. BUFFERING PROBLEMS WITH LAN ETHERNET CONNECTION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BUFFERING PROBLEMS WITH LAN ETHERNET CONNECTION: I got a new PC totally ensembled and all was great, until one day Youtube, Netflix and Disney+ videos, and some pages as Edx start to slow loading, the videos only reproduce in low quality and the pages take ages to load. At the beginning I found some upgrade of Win11 was...
  4. BUFFERING PROBLEMS WITH LAN ETHERNET CONNECTION

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Router Ethernet Port problem.

Router Ethernet Port problem.: I have just been supplied with a new router by my fibre optic supplier. The router has 4 Ethernet ports and I have my PC connected to one of them. I also have a set top box for my streaming TV signal, this is connected by cable to another of the Ethernet ports. The PC...
  6. Ethernet lan not connected

Ethernet lan not connected: [ATTACH] How to fix it? Window 10 pro 2004. I follow every instruction from youtube & other website . But i cannot fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-lan-not-connected/bcb343ec-8d43-471d-b461-455143f017ed
  7. Ethernet Adapter/mobo Port Problem

Ethernet Adapter/mobo Port Problem: I bought a Gigabyte network adapter to improve speed and quality of my internet on my pc. Installed the updated drivers for it. I get this red X on the network ethernet adapter info on my computer that says ethernet cable disconnected when in fact it is connected and getting...
  8. LAN port issue

LAN port issue: My laptop is only one year old. When i connect LAN cable to LAN port or even i touch the LAN port my laptop screen goes black and it goes to sleep. Why is it happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lan-port-issue/eabab720-a376-4937-a8aa-cc7c3d2b113f
  9. Ethernet LAN network

Ethernet LAN network: On a daily basis I never know what to expect from my so called "simple 2 PC network". There is nothing simple about having a great connection one day, then the next day it says "Windows cannot access ... (the other computer)". It seems like I spend more time investigating...
  10. Ethernet/lan connection problems windows 10

Ethernet/lan connection problems windows 10: After I upgraded to windows 10, I started having problems with my lan connection. My speed was fine but after 10 minutes of use, the Internet connection just stopped. The shutdown and startup of the computer was also effected by this issue. Whenever I clicked on network info,...