Windows 10: Ethernet Light Orange/ "Local Area Network" Not in Network List

Discus and support Ethernet Light Orange/ "Local Area Network" Not in Network List in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Last night I noticed my ethernet light on the back of my computer was orange. I did some research to find the reason. Some websites said it was an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MJW77CA, Apr 1, 2019.

1. MJW77CA Win User

Ethernet Light Orange/ "Local Area Network" Not in Network List

Last night I noticed my ethernet light on the back of my computer was orange. I did some research to find the reason. Some websites said it was an increased connection speed. Others said a problem with the connection. The local area network is no longer in the list of network connections and the other computer in my house has a green light on the ethernet port. I've used all the cmd.exe ipconfig steps suggested by websites. Flush dns, reset dns, etc. I've also used the network troubleshooter in windows10 which told me a problem was not found. Nothing seems to change the light back to green. Can someone help me find the problem so I can fix it?

:)

MJW77CA, Apr 1, 2019

2. How to change to local area network connection from ethernet?

Hi all,

My computer recently was recently updated in windows 10, and everytime there was an update, my network connection in my office used to disconnect, and i used to connect it everytime, but the most recent update has changed the entire network settings, and
    now it is connected to ethernet. As such i cannot see any other computers in my network, but another computer shows my computer in the network and is connected, but i cannot to do it vice versa. It is probably because the computer has changed to ethernet in
    my computer, while other is local area connection. I think my problem will solve if i could change my computer to local area connection in windows 10. Please help.

P.S: if this isnt the problem and if its something else, please do help, my work is getting interrupted because of this.

Thanks Guys!

PraphulAgrawal, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Missing field Connect using in Local Area Connection Properties

Have you tried uninstalling the Network Adapter? Since there is no properties in the Local Area Connection, we suggest that you uninstall the Network Adapter. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc.
    • Right click on the Network Adapter.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Select Ok.
    • Select Scan for Hardware changes.
    Update us on the results.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 1, 2019
  4. Ethernet Light Orange/ "Local Area Network" Not in Network List

My new computer doesn't display my local area network

Hi. I'm running Windows 10 Pro on a new INSPIRON 3650 and the computer isn't detecting my local area network. The Ethernet cable is plugged into the computer. Realtec driver is up to date. Any suggestions? Thanks. Diane

DianeBoylan, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

Ethernet Light Orange/ "Local Area Network" Not in Network List

1. Ethernet Light Orange/ "Local Area Network" Not in Network List - Similar Threads - Ethernet Light Orange

2. local area network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    local area network: suddenly my local area network access disappeared, running windows 10 pro 64bit pc desktop, how can I get it back, it won't let me control my pool functions via wireless. thanks Vince...
  3. local area network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    local area network: suddenly my local area network access disappeared, running windows 10 pro 64bit pc desktop, how can I get it back, it won't let me control my pool functions via wireless. thanks Vince...
  4. Store app to map a Local Area Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store app to map a Local Area Network: Does someone know of a safe and reliable Store app that will map a LAN that Windows is connected to? I'm tired of having to log into my gateway router to find out what devices are connected and I have wasted too much time on the useless Microsoft Store search function. I'm...
  5. local area network adapter not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    local area network adapter not showing: i have a broadband internet, i try to share the internet using a dongle, but the only way i can share internet is to share internet from the broadband connection adapter using the local area network as my selected private network connection, but the local area network adapter...
  6. Explorer Network list - Some computers on local network are listed while others are not listed

Explorer Network list - Some computers on local network are listed while others are not listed: Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list Every computer can ping every other computer. Every computer can access files on any other computer when another computer is added by "mapping a network" drive in Explorer Only 2 of the...
  7. Solid Orange Light -Ethernet Connected but no Internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Solid Orange Light -Ethernet Connected but no Internet: My PC is having serious connection probs. My little usb WiFi adapter has been predictably a bit shit. It’s now stopped disconnecting from my WiFi but when it does connect comes up as no internet connection under the network Well, I thought. I’ll buy a new card in a...
  8. local area network windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    local area network windows 10: I have been trying to access my local area network to get my Roku up and working but due to my lack of knowledge this has been a problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-area-network-windows-10/b5c32daa-357c-450d-a044-782141b9253d
  9. no local pc's listed under "Network"...

no local pc's listed under "Network"...: Well, to make a long story short, i finally got the list of PC's on my home network to show up under the Network folder in file manager. I had lost everything except media devices. Had to reset the network a couple times to get everything back again. I only have 2 PC's on the...
  10. local network 10 to xp ethernet

local network 10 to xp ethernet: I have just up dated four of our computers to windows 10 and set up a wifi network between the 4 computers without too many problems. However I have a problem with a local connection from my main pc (windows 10) to a pc which runs in parallel (pc on windows xp) they are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. NIC card just shows orange light and nothing else