Windows 10: Ethernet network connection

Discus and support Ethernet network connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have desktop computers, windows 10 pro and windows 10 home. Both have file sharing enabled but unable to share public folders. Got a message saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SureshPatel5, May 22, 2020.

1. Ethernet network connection

I have desktop computers, windows 10 pro and windows 10 home. Both have file sharing enabled but unable to share public folders. Got a message saying can't get access, check antivirus programme.

:)

SureshPatel5, May 22, 2020

2. My reliable ethernet connection no longer works

Hi Marcia,

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

• After restarting is your computer in normal mode or not?
    • Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to reset the modem\ router and check if the Ethernet connection works or not.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article
    “Fix network connection issues” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, May 22, 2020
  3. MJW77CA Win User
    Ethernet Light Orange/ "Local Area Network" Not in Network List

Last night I noticed my ethernet light on the back of my computer was orange. I did some research to find the reason. Some websites said it was an increased connection speed. Others said a problem with the connection.
    The local area network is no longer in the list of network connections and the other computer in my house has a green light on the ethernet port.
    I've used all the cmd.exe ipconfig steps suggested by websites. Flush dns, reset dns, etc. I've also used the network troubleshooter in windows10 which told me a problem was not found.
    Nothing seems to change the light back to green. Can someone help me find the problem so I can fix it?

MJW77CA, May 22, 2020
  4. Swapna S Win User

Ethernet network connection

Ethernet connection issue with error msg " unidentified network "

Hi Ahmed,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing in connecting with Ethernet.

This issue might occur, if the network adapter driver is corrupt.

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: Troubleshooting Network adapter.

• Press Windows Key + X from your keyboard and select
      Control Panel option.

• Change to Large under
      View all option, you will see at right top corner of the window.

• Click on Troubleshooting, Go to
      View all option (you will see at left pane), select Network adapter from the list and click on
      troubleshoot.
    Step 2:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Command prompt (Run as admin).

• Enter the below command and press Enter.

ipconfig /renew

• Now restart your PC and check the
      Ethernet settings.

If the issue still persists,

Please refer the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to to fix issue with Network.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Please get back to us, if you still facing issue
    in connecting with Ethernet.

Thank you.

Swapna S, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Ethernet network connection

1. Ethernet network connection - Similar Threads - Ethernet network connection

2. ethernet is not an option in network connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ethernet is not an option in network connections: I have a surface laptop 3 with the following configurationsDevice information: Surface model: Surface Laptop 3 Model 1873SAM: 16.606.139.0UEFI: 1.3203.140.0App version: 61.23120.90.0BIOS Version/Date: Microsoft Corporation 1.3203.140 08/06/2021Touch driver: 3.0.209.139Wi-Fi...
  3. ethernet is not an option in network connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ethernet is not an option in network connections: I have a surface laptop 3 with the following configurationsDevice information: Surface model: Surface Laptop 3 Model 1873SAM: 16.606.139.0UEFI: 1.3203.140.0App version: 61.23120.90.0BIOS Version/Date: Microsoft Corporation 1.3203.140 08/06/2021Touch driver: 3.0.209.139Wi-Fi...
  4. network connections only showing ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network connections only showing ethernet: hi, i'm having that issue where my computer is only showing network connections to ethernet and not wi-fi. other devices in my home are able to connect to wi-fi. when i checked device manager, the wi-fi adapter was hidden and its status was not connected. i tried updating the...
  5. Multiple ethernet network connections

Multiple ethernet network connections: I carry my laptop between work and home frequently. At work, I have an assigned IP address. And at home, I am using DHCP. Right now, if I switch to DHCP, then I have to reenter my assigned IP address when I take the laptop to work. Is there someway to set up two "identities"...
  6. Windows network shows as not connected, but ethernet is connected

Windows network shows as not connected, but ethernet is connected: I can browse the internet, download files, etc. but because Windows doesn't seem to know it is connected via ethernet I can't download Windows updates. I've tried an operating reset twice and not getting anywhere, neither by uninstalling and reinstalling drivers....
  7. Plugged in ethernet, but not connected to any networks

Plugged in ethernet, but not connected to any networks: I reset my PC with the keep my files option. After the process was done when I opened Edge i could only reach pages saying "hmm... Can't reach this page" after trying just about everything I could fine as a fix I found that my computer is recognizing there is an ethernet...
  8. Ethernet Connection and Network Adapters

Ethernet Connection and Network Adapters: Hello, I am having trouble getting a stable ethernet connection to my laptop. I have a USB adapter port and when I connect the ethernet cord to the port, nothing happens. But, I know the port and the cable are working fine because I tried on my roommate's computer and...
  9. "Network Cable Unplugged" on Ethernet Connection

"Network Cable Unplugged" on Ethernet Connection: Let's start at the beginning... In early November I broke my collarbone which resulted in my being out of work since. Being unable to really sit in my office at my desk (plugged directly into the modem as I typically am via ethernet), I moved my laptop downtairs and began...
  10. Ethernet connection: 'unidentified network'

Ethernet connection: 'unidentified network': Hi all, I'm yet another victim of the unidentified network Windows bug. I've had my Surface Pro 4 for two weeks now and ethernet has never worked through my docking station. Originally I thought it was a surface thing, but apparently all Windows users are confronted by it...