Windows 10: Ethernet *no internet* showing in wifi tab, even though nothing is in ethernet plug

Discus and support Ethernet *no internet* showing in wifi tab, even though nothing is in ethernet plug in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I click on to it on settings, and it the tab is closed immediately.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FunWheel6641623, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Ethernet *no internet* showing in wifi tab, even though nothing is in ethernet plug

Ethernet *no internet* showing in wifi tab, even though nothing is in ethernet plug 0b1a9283-7b2d-4c07-ad00-bf48dff7040a?upload=true.png

I click on to it on settings, and it the tab is closed immediately.

:)

FunWheel6641623, Feb 16, 2021

2. Plug in ethernet and wireless internet dies....?

That's the only way to do it. Unplug the ethernet cable, turn sharing on for your wireless connection (not the ethernet one). Then you should plug the ethernet cable into your router's internet port and the other end into your laptop, then plug in your computer. The only reason that would not work is a bad setting somewhere. Try that and get back to me. What is the error that comes up? Something about 192.168.0.1 already being on the network?

JoshBrunelle, Feb 16, 2021
  3. revdrw Win User
    WIFI Works, Ethernet won't

Fart

Brandon,

I don't know what I mean. YES ON WIF i can connect to the internet, but you cannot connect to anthing plugged into the same WIFI ROUTER with CAT5 Cable ethernet. My MacBook Pro has WIFI and ehternet, ethernet wont work, but wifi will. My Dell does not have wifi, and I cannot connect to the network or internet at all. As I mentioned, I changed the WIFI Router about a week ago, problem solved, for 3-4 days, now ethernet to the new router does not work again.

revdrw, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Ethernet *no internet* showing in wifi tab, even though nothing is in ethernet plug

ethernet plugged in but not working

i tried Method 1 but it seems it did not detect that an ethernet cable was plugged in.

I troubleshooted many times and occasionally it stated no hardware was detected.

Side note, when i have my wifi on and i go to network and sharing it shows ethernet exists, but its under unidentified network and when i check properties, it shows that ipv4 has internet while ipv6 has no internet but, i can't connect via ethernet regardless.

hav0ksreign, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Ethernet *no internet* showing in wifi tab, even though nothing is in ethernet plug

1. Ethernet *no internet* showing in wifi tab, even though nothing is in ethernet plug - Similar Threads - Ethernet *no internet*

2. No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected: Howdy. About two weeks ago, my internet to my windows 10 stopped working. I use Ubuntu 20.04 and have Windows 10 running through my Vmware 16 player. I've tried connecting NAT, Bridge, and Host with Vmware with no luck. I've even flushed the Windows system with no luck. Any...
  3. No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected: Howdy. About two weeks ago, my internet to my windows 10 stopped working. I use Ubuntu 20.04 and have Windows 10 running through my Vmware 16 player. I've tried connecting NAT, Bridge, and Host with Vmware with no luck. I've even flushed the Windows system with no luck. Any...
  4. No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ethernet is plugged in but shows no internet

Ethernet is plugged in but shows no internet: Wifi is working and I've tried alot of things, and it still did not solve the problem.Ethernet cut out while I was playing, switched ethernet cables and worked for a bit.After a while the ethernet cut out again, I might just buy a new ethernet cable but im short of money...
  6. Ethernet is plugged in but shows no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet is plugged in but shows no internet: Wifi is working and I've tried alot of things, and it still did not solve the problem.Ethernet cut out while I was playing, switched ethernet cables and worked for a bit.After a while the ethernet cut out again, I might just buy a new ethernet cable but im short of money...
  7. Ethernet is plugged in but shows no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. 2 issues: Plugging in an Ethernet cable disables wifi. Even if the ethernet cable isn't...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 issues: Plugging in an Ethernet cable disables wifi. Even if the ethernet cable isn't...: What Im trying to do: PC on wifi. TV on ethernet the simple act of plugging in an ethernet cable disables my wifi, regardless of where it goes. On top of that, the cable has a solid or blinking amber link light when connected to my tv, meanwhile network and sharing says it's...
  9. WiFi and Ethernet are connected but showing "No Internet"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi and Ethernet are connected but showing "No Internet": Hello, I have updated my Thinkpad E570 with Windows May 2020 update. Since that update, I am getting "No Internet" message for my WiFi and Ethernet connection though I am always connected to the internet. Because of this issue, I am unable to remote desktop my home PC. I am...
  10. Ethernet cable plugged in but there is no internet

Ethernet cable plugged in but there is no internet: I logged onto my PC this morning and noticed I had no internet. I used another ethernet cable and they both did not work. I looked up some solutions and tried doing ipconfig/release and /renew but it says “No operation can be performed on Ethernet 2 while it has its media...