Windows 10: Ethernet not working after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Ethernet not working after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My ethernet connection stopped working after a Windows 10 update. How do I reload the drivers?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MelanieLawyer1, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Ethernet not working after Windows 10 update

My ethernet connection stopped working after a Windows 10 update. How do I reload the drivers?

:)

MelanieLawyer1, Oct 3, 2018
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Oct 3, 2018
  3. RevoLand Win User
    Windows 10 Ethernet connection randomly disconnects

Hello,

So this issue has been annoying me since i have changed my old i5-4670 with a ryzen.

Ethernet: Realtek 8111H (MSI X370 Gaming Plus)
    Modem/Router: Airties Air 5760

What i have tried so far to fix my issue:
    • Re-installing Windows
    • Updating Ryzen chipset drivers
    • Updating Realtek LAN drivers (both from MSI & Realtek)
    • Updating MSI' LAN releated drivers (MSI Gaming Lan Manager)
    • Replacing ethernet cable
    • Restarting router to factory settings
    Still no luck, keeps happening randomly. Sometimes it is stable for days then it is not stable for 20 mins. Happening when gaming or idle, or while streaming via steam link.
    Windows' own issue fixer thingy fix the issue for the moment, re-plugging the cable, disabling & enabling the ethernet adapter also fixes the issue for the moment.
    Also i am the only one having this issue in the network, TV and phones are still connected to wifi.

It is started to be real annoying, so time to get help to fix the issue from TPU. Thanks in advance! *I Love TPU :lovetpu:

RevoLand, Oct 3, 2018
  4. NdMk2o1o Win User

Ethernet not working after Windows 10 update

Windows 10 update being enabled.

Try setting your connection to metered and it shouldnt automatically download updates

To change this option for a wired Ethernet network, open the Settings app, head to Network & Internet > Ethernet, and click the name of your Ethernet connection. Enable the “Set as metered connection” option on the properties page.

Source

NdMk2o1o, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

Ethernet not working after Windows 10 update

1. Ethernet not working after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Ethernet working update

2. Windows 10 Ethernet and Volume not working after updating the system online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Ethernet and Volume not working after updating the system online: In the recent month, I've installed windows 10 three times now.opti It's been showing some kinda abnormal behavior , sometime it just gets stuck and sometime it does not show "Enter Password" option at the start of windows. Last night, I updated the system as per notification...
  3. Windows 10 Ethernet and Volume not working after updating the system online

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Ethernet and Volume not working after updating the system online: In the recent month, I've installed windows 10 three times now.opti It's been showing some kinda abnormal behavior , sometime it just gets stuck and sometime it does not show "Enter Password" option at the start of windows. Last night, I updated the system as per notification...
  4. Windows 10 Ethernet and Volume not working after updating the system online

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ethernet not working after update

Ethernet not working after update: Last night before shutting my laptop off i selected update and shutdown, nothing abnormal happened, but when i opened my laptop today i had no Ethernet nor WiFi, i had to turn on my mobile hotspot to be able to do anything. What happened? I also scanned for viruses, none,...
  6. Ethernet not working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet not working after update: Last night before shutting my laptop off i selected update and shutdown, nothing abnormal happened, but when i opened my laptop today i had no Ethernet nor WiFi, i had to turn on my mobile hotspot to be able to do anything. What happened? I also scanned for viruses, none,...
  7. Ethernet not working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Ethernet connection not working but wifi is after recent windows 10 update

Ethernet connection not working but wifi is after recent windows 10 update: I'm need some help, recently did series of updates and when I shut the computer down and powered back on it finalized the updates and I could not connect to my internet through ethernet. So I then turned on wifi and everything works, all other ethernet devices are working,...
  9. Ethernet Not Working After Windows 10 Reinstall

Ethernet Not Working After Windows 10 Reinstall: Hello Guys, I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my notebook after some slowdown issues, new Windows 10 version- 1903. I get internet service from college server where login screen pops up automatically when connected to network. My WiFi works fine, but Ethernet is not working -...
  10. Network Ethernet not working after Windows 10 update

Network Ethernet not working after Windows 10 update: I have upgraded from Windows 7 (64-bit OS) to Windows 10 (64-bit OS) on my HP ProLiant Microserver N32L. The network adapter is not picking-up the Ethernet cable running to my router and as a result I do not have any network connectivity. I have uninstalled all the...