Windows 10: Ethernet not working and weird file showing up.

Discus and support Ethernet not working and weird file showing up. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After a windows 10 update my ethernet stopped working and a weird file showed up called RTK_U3_NIC_DRIVER_INSTALLER.sfx. From another thread I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PeSeCo314, Jan 13, 2021.

1. PeSeCo314 Win User

Ethernet not working and weird file showing up.

After a windows 10 update my ethernet stopped working and a weird file showed up called RTK_U3_NIC_DRIVER_INSTALLER.sfx. From another thread I have learned that it's just a driver install and you should execute it. But every time I do that the file disappears and i hear the typical sounds that you usually hear when you plug something in and out of your pc. After that nothing happens and when I plug the adapter out and in again the file reappears.

I really dont know what to do here and it would really help me out if someone could help me.

:)

PeSeCo314, Jan 13, 2021

2. Ethernet shows red X and does not appear in settings, but still works

Not sure why this is happening. I have working ethernet and am connected, it works fine. But the taskbar icon shows a red X over it, and the tooltip says "Not Connected - No connections are available". Looking in "Network & Internet", ethernet is not even listed there. And before anyone suggests wireless interference .. this PC does not have a wireless card or integrated wireless.

winderpExpress, Jan 13, 2021
  3. sgage Win User
    Ethernet shows red X and does not appear in settings, but still works

Are you using an Insider build? This is a known issue in one recent one (can't remember which one). I believe the latest preview build fixes it.

sgage, Jan 13, 2021
  4. limons Win User

New build, all works but ethernet

Anyway everything works fine except for the ethernet port. Under device manager it is listed as "Ethernet Controller", under the category of "unknown devices" (along with several other unknown devices).

limons, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Ethernet not working and weird file showing up. - Similar Threads - Ethernet working weird

2. Ethernet and wifi not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet and wifi not showing up: Hello. I had problems with my pc recently so I decided to reset it. But during the reset the screen came to there was a problem blablabla. So I had to totally format my drives and reinstall windows. But now I dont’t see the wifi option, it’s just the ethernet logo with an x...
  3. Weird behaviour of the HOSTS file not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird behaviour of the HOSTS file not working: Hi, I have problems with my hosts file. First of, I've been editing hosts files for 25 years and i've read all the previous posts about people having issues with the hosts file file endings, formatting, permissions, reg key path, etc etc. I've never had any issues with this...
  4. Wifi Networks not showing, only ethernet works

Wifi Networks not showing, only ethernet works: Hello, I have been using Windows 10 for more than 10 years without any issues. About 2 years ago, I got a gaming PC and I set up everything as needed. The Wifi worked fine and everything went smoothly, however, recently an issue arose that I have been trying to fix to no...
  5. ethernet connection not showing up in windows explorer

ethernet connection not showing up in windows explorer: I have five pc on my home network. Four of them show up under network in file explorer, but I cannot get the fifth to show up no matter what I do. I need to be able to move files to and from this pc via the network. Anyone have any suggestions?...
  6. Weird lines showing up on some applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird lines showing up on some applications: I get these weird lines around hard edges in some apps, that don't make sense. https://i.imgur.com/9RNGMzu.png The applications this has happened on include Signal, Microsoft Teams, and Europa Universalis 4....
  7. On occasion disconnected ethernet globe icon shows up

On occasion disconnected ethernet globe icon shows up: I update my windows 10 a few days back and on occasion my wifi icon changes to a disconnected globe icon and I can't reconnect to the wifi unless I restart my PC. What the hell is going on? It's bad enough that the updates keep slowing down my PC and takes longer to startup!...
  8. RE: Ethernet shows connection but will not appear 'work'

RE: Ethernet shows connection but will not appear 'work': Hello Recently the adapters I was using for many years stopped working. They worked fine for years, then they started to work on and off (i.e sometime the connection worked and sometimes not. Not they do not work at all ever although if one looks at the control...
  9. Xbox One Wireless Adapter Shows Up As Ethernet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One Wireless Adapter Shows Up As Ethernet: Hello. I am using the Xbox One Wireless Adapter with my Windows 10 machine. On the taskbar, I click the networking icon and it shows as Ethernet 3 with no Internet. I am currently connected to an ethernet network that provides internet. How do I get the "Ethernet 3" to...
  10. Ethernet shows unidentified network, but internet works.

Ethernet shows unidentified network, but internet works.: Strange issue that just started today. My Ethernet adapter shows unidentified network and none of my apps have internet access, however my web browsers work just fine. I am even making this post from the adapter that supposedly has no access. I have been searching around for...