Windows 10: Ethernet not working and weird file showing up.

Discus and support Ethernet not working and weird file showing up. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After a windows 10 update my ethernet stopped working and a weird file showed up called RTK_U3_NIC_DRIVER_INSTALLER.sfx. From another thread I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PeSeCo314, Jan 13, 2021.

1. PeSeCo314 Win User

Ethernet not working and weird file showing up.

After a windows 10 update my ethernet stopped working and a weird file showed up called RTK_U3_NIC_DRIVER_INSTALLER.sfx. From another thread I have learned that it's just a driver install and you should execute it. But every time I do that the file disappears and i hear the typical sounds that you usually hear when you plug something in and out of your pc. After that nothing happens and when I plug the adapter out and in again the file reappears.

I really dont know what to do here and it would really help me out if someone could help me.

:)

PeSeCo314, Jan 13, 2021

2. Ethernet shows red X and does not appear in settings, but still works

Not sure why this is happening. I have working ethernet and am connected, it works fine. But the taskbar icon shows a red X over it, and the tooltip says "Not Connected - No connections are available". Looking in "Network & Internet", ethernet is not even listed there. And before anyone suggests wireless interference .. this PC does not have a wireless card or integrated wireless.

winderpExpress, Jan 13, 2021
  3. sgage Win User
    Ethernet shows red X and does not appear in settings, but still works

Are you using an Insider build? This is a known issue in one recent one (can't remember which one). I believe the latest preview build fixes it.

sgage, Jan 13, 2021
  4. limons Win User

New build, all works but ethernet

Anyway everything works fine except for the ethernet port. Under device manager it is listed as "Ethernet Controller", under the category of "unknown devices" (along with several other unknown devices).

limons, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Ethernet not working and weird file showing up. - Similar Threads - Ethernet working weird

2. Music file shows up with weird earth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Music file shows up with weird earth: I make music playlist with iTunes and I just tried searching and found what I was looking for except the file turned into a Earth. Do anyone know what this is and how to fix it?...
  3. Ethernet isn't working nor showing up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet isn't working nor showing up?: I have tried a bunch of things like,Restarting my computerDownloading a driver more on that belowTroubleshootingEnabling Wi-Fi in "View Internet Connections"Going through Device Managerand probably more that I forgot about.My computer is a HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0xxx with a...
  4. Ethernet isn't working nor showing up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet isn't working nor showing up?: I have tried a bunch of things like,Restarting my computerDownloading a driver more on that belowTroubleshootingEnabling Wi-Fi in "View Internet Connections"Going through Device Managerand probably more that I forgot about.My computer is a HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0xxx with a...
  5. Ethernet not working and shows as no internet

Ethernet not working and shows as no internet: Hello!Over the past 2 or so years, the Ethernet on my pc has not been working. The actual Ethernet shows up, but shows as “No internet”. I have tried every single thing online disabling and re-enabling, flushing DNS, resetting network, etc. I have concluded that it is not the...
  6. Ethernet not working and shows as no internet

Ethernet not working and shows as no internet: Hello!Over the past 2 or so years, the Ethernet on my pc has not been working. The actual Ethernet shows up, but shows as “No internet”. I have tried every single thing online disabling and re-enabling, flushing DNS, resetting network, etc. I have concluded that it is not the...
  7. Wifi/ethernet not showing up

Wifi/ethernet not showing up: Wifi nor ethernet is not showing up, even in network connections, i tried network refresh, waited 10 minutes after and nothing, what should i do? and no its not broken, what should i do to fix it? network refresh again?...
  8. Wifi/ethernet not showing up

Wifi/ethernet not showing up: Wifi nor ethernet is not showing up, even in network connections, i tried network refresh, waited 10 minutes after and nothing, what should i do? and no its not broken, what should i do to fix it? network refresh again?...
  9. Wifi/ethernet not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Ethernet and wifi not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet and wifi not showing up: Hello. I had problems with my pc recently so I decided to reset it. But during the reset the screen came to there was a problem blablabla. So I had to totally format my drives and reinstall windows. But now I dont’t see the wifi option, it’s just the ethernet logo with an x...