Windows 10: Ethernet on laptop

Discus and support Ethernet on laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Where and how do you set up ethernet on Acer laptop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeanieMaze, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Ethernet on laptop

Where and how do you set up ethernet on Acer laptop?

:)

JeanieMaze, Aug 21, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Aug 21, 2019
  3. aks45 Win User
    Ethernet connection/port on my laptop

Thanks for the suggested solution which I tried. My feedback:

• Update download was completed but installation did not complete and the message popped up that stated that update is not compatible and cannot be installed.

Info sought in your mail is as follows:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
      • Window 10 Pro
      • Version 1709
      • OS Build 16299.192
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?
      • Dell Alienware
      • 15" Laptop
      • System 64 bit os x64-based processor
    • Are you experiencing the same issue even when you are using another Ethernet cable?
      • yes, tried different cables
      • (also same ethernet cable & connection works on my mac notebook)
    • Have you made any changes to your computer setting before this issue occurred?
      • Can't say with certainty about changes, if any, made. Normally i don't fiddle with the laptop systems.
      • ethernet port was working just fine and suddenly became dsysfunctional about two weeks back.
      • Checked Network adapters in the device manager which highlights Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller with a yellow mark. Also checked network adapter driver which states that installed driver is the latest.

aks45, Aug 21, 2019
  4. rez001 Win User

Ethernet on laptop

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Ethernet on laptop install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Ethernet on laptop pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Ethernet on laptop select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Ethernet on laptop Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Ethernet on laptop

1. Ethernet on laptop - Similar Threads - Ethernet laptop

2. I use CH9200 ethernet adapter in my windows 11 HP laptop .My issue is that I can't able to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I use CH9200 ethernet adapter in my windows 11 HP laptop .My issue is that I can't able to...: I use CH9200 ethernet adapter in my windows 11 HP laptop .My issue is that I can't able to connect to n/w but light is enabled in my adapter what may be a reason for it** Moved from Surface to Windows **Surface / Surface Pro / Surface Pro X / Install and update....
  3. I use CH9200 ethernet adapter in my windows 11 HP laptop .My issue is that I can't able to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I use CH9200 ethernet adapter in my windows 11 HP laptop .My issue is that I can't able to...: I use CH9200 ethernet adapter in my windows 11 HP laptop .My issue is that I can't able to connect to n/w but light is enabled in my adapter what may be a reason for it** Moved from Surface to Windows **Surface / Surface Pro / Surface Pro X / Install and update....
  4. Surface Laptop 3 - ethernet is not an option in network connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Laptop 3 - ethernet is not an option in network connections: I have a surface laptop 3 with the following configurationsDevice information: Surface model: Surface Laptop 3 Model 1873SAM: 16.606.139.0UEFI: 1.3203.140.0App version: 61.23120.90.0BIOS Version/Date: Microsoft Corporation 1.3203.140 08/06/2021Touch driver: 3.0.209.139Wi-Fi...
  5. Surface Laptop 3 - ethernet is not an option in network connections

Surface Laptop 3 - ethernet is not an option in network connections: I have a surface laptop 3 with the following configurationsDevice information: Surface model: Surface Laptop 3 Model 1873SAM: 16.606.139.0UEFI: 1.3203.140.0App version: 61.23120.90.0BIOS Version/Date: Microsoft Corporation 1.3203.140 08/06/2021Touch driver: 3.0.209.139Wi-Fi...
  6. Ethernet cant get higher then 100bps Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet cant get higher then 100bps Laptop: My ethernet port is restricted to 100 mbps only so i paid for a usb 3.0 to ethernet which supports 1gb but it is still restricted to 100 mbps how can i fix this....
  7. Ethernet cant get higher then 100bps Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet cant get higher then 100bps Laptop: My ethernet port is restricted to 100 mbps only so i paid for a usb 3.0 to ethernet which supports 1gb but it is still restricted to 100 mbps how can i fix this....
  8. Ethernet cant get higher then 100bps Laptop

9. When i connect my laptop with an ethernet cable then it has a connection, but when i try to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i connect my laptop with an ethernet cable then it has a connection, but when i try to...: I recently got a pc for christmas, but it has a problem with connecting with ethernet. i tried 2 different cables. they both work on my laptop but not on my pc....
  10. When i connect my laptop with an ethernet cable then it has a connection, but when i try to...

When i connect my laptop with an ethernet cable then it has a connection, but when i try to...: I recently got a pc for christmas, but it has a problem with connecting with ethernet. i tried 2 different cables. they both work on my laptop but not on my pc....