Windows 10: Ethernet on One windows 10 computer capped around 350mbps, 900mbps on another Win10...

Discus and support Ethernet on One windows 10 computer capped around 350mbps, 900mbps on another Win10... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, I'm using a 12 foot CAT6 ethernet cable to connect to my windows PC to my gigabit router. Using a Cat6 cable to connect another Windows 10 PC to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nyxeka, May 17, 2019.

1. Nyxeka Win User

Ethernet on One windows 10 computer capped around 350mbps, 900mbps on another Win10...

So, I'm using a 12 foot CAT6 ethernet cable to connect to my windows PC to my gigabit router.

Using a Cat6 cable to connect another Windows 10 PC to the gigabit router gives a speedtest result around 950mbps+.

Using a Cat6 cable on the problem computer has a maximum speed around 350mbps. (this is using the built-in ethernet adapter on the motherboard, and using a pci-e ethernet adapter I recently bought. Both advertise gigabit capability.)

The motherboard I'm using is an Asus Z97-E with 16gigs of RAM and an intel i7-4970 processor. GTX 1060 Rog Strix 6gb GPU, running windows off of a 1TB SSD.

Both computers have the same processor.

I also get around 400+mbps over wifi (5ghz) to my surface pro 4.

Any ideas why the problem PC is capping LAN/ethernet speeds to around 350mbps?

I've tried (none changed anything):

• Resetting network devices/services
    • A couple command-line "fixes"
    • installing/re-installing network adapter drivers
    • two different 1gbps network ethernet adapters
    • Trying different ports on the router
    • Changing a few different settings in the ethernet adapter settings (can't remember off the top of my head but I went through several)

:)

Nyxeka, May 17, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, May 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, May 17, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Ethernet on One windows 10 computer capped around 350mbps, 900mbps on another Win10...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Ethernet on One windows 10 computer capped around 350mbps, 900mbps on another Win10... - Similar Threads - Ethernet computer capped

2. Ethernet speed capped at 10mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet speed capped at 10mbps: Running windows 11 pro. I pay for a 150 download and 40 upload wifi, i have cat 5 running through the house and from the same port and same cable i get 140mbps on my xbox series x. However, on my pc its showing in the control panel that its running at 10mbps as if its capped....
  3. Ethernet speed capped at 10mbps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet speed capped at 10mbps: Running windows 11 pro. I pay for a 150 download and 40 upload wifi, i have cat 5 running through the house and from the same port and same cable i get 140mbps on my xbox series x. However, on my pc its showing in the control panel that its running at 10mbps as if its capped....
  4. Moving Win10 from one SSD to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Win10 from one SSD to another: Hi, I bought a new SSD and want to move my system to that disk. There is a total of 3 disks in the system: 0 - which is a HDD and it looks like I'm booting from that 1 - the old SSD 2- the new SSD Goal is to only boot from 2 and remove 1. 0 can stay. I cloned 1 to 2 with...
  5. Windows 10 won't boot on one computer, but will boot on another one

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't boot on one computer, but will boot on another one: Both of them are compatible with windows 10, the bootable one was a Core 2 Duo E8200, 2 GB of DDR2 800 MHZ ram, the one that won't boot is my main laptop Dell Latitude E6440 i5-4310M, 8GB of DDR3L 1600MHZ ram. Anyone have any idea? TIA submitted by /u/TheBoai [link]...
  6. Windos 10 Activison from one computer to another computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windos 10 Activison from one computer to another computer: i recently purchased a new pc which had windows 10 intalled already but i think its just the trial or something because i cant change my background picture of my desktop and it also has a water mark saying "activate windows 10"... i got an older computer which i purchased a...
  7. How to access one win10 desktop computer from another?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to access one win10 desktop computer from another?: I have two Win10 desktop computers, each connected by a cable to a single modem/router. I would like to set up a "network" which will allow me to access files on one computer from another and vice versa. Any suggestions on how to do this?...
  8. Windows 10 keeps capping my internet speed at around 10mbps.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 keeps capping my internet speed at around 10mbps.: This is starting to get really god damn annoying personally. I've been really irritated with Windows 10 lately and how pathetic its performance is, but this is what makes me want to throw my computer into oncoming traffic. I tried doing network resets, the first time it...
  9. Transfer software from one windows 10 computer to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer software from one windows 10 computer to another: I just recently bought office software on a usb drive and now cannot locate the drive. Is it possible to move it from my old computer to the new....
  10. Installing program drive from one Win10 pro computer into another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing program drive from one Win10 pro computer into another: Following up on another question, I have 2 computers, one with a 480gb SSD for the OS (Win10 pro) and programs, and the other, much newer one that is running Win10 Home off a 128gb SSD. I would like to move the 480gb SSD into the newer computer which is running an LGA1156, i3...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 ehternet capped