Windows 10: Ethernet on PC is extremely slow. WIFI works completely fine.

Discus and support Ethernet on PC is extremely slow. WIFI works completely fine. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My WIFI works perfectly fine. I have Starlink and that is running through 2 Powerline Adapters through the house to 2 other routers. The WIFI is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Callum Lock, Jun 10, 2023.

1. Ethernet on PC is extremely slow. WIFI works completely fine.

My WIFI works perfectly fine. I have Starlink and that is running through 2 Powerline Adapters through the house to 2 other routers. The WIFI is working great on all routers, however my ethernet for my PC is extremely slow. I am only seeing speeds of 7Mbps but over WIFI I am getting 200Mbps+. I have tried basically every possible fix on my PC that I could find and it is still not working properly. Any ideas?

:)

Callum Lock, Jun 10, 2023
  2. revdrw Win User

WIFI Works, Ethernet won't

OK but why?

NOT YELLING, JUST EMPHASIZING

Please note, I installed the new Lynksis, it worked just fine for 3-4 days on both my MACBOOK PRO when in ethernet connect and the Dell, then the ethernet just quit working for both my MacBook Pro and Dell desktop. It did work, then just quit for no apparent reason. WIFi for iPhone, iPad, Andriod Phone, and when I set to wifi for my MacBook pro all work fine.

Detailed history: I first noticed that on my Desktop dell that is CAT5 ethernet connected to the WIFI ROuter, that it stopped, no internet access. I began to trouble shoot, and turned off my WIFI on my MAcbook and it wouldnt work either, plugged into same router but different cat5 cable. At that time, all WIFI devices still worked. I figured that it must be the ethernet side of the WIFI router, so I replaced the router with brand new one. the Lynksys N900 listed in original thread. Ethernet and everything worked just fine for 3-4 days. But then ethernet quit, but wifi still works.

Whatever the problem, it affects both my MacBook Pro and Dell with WIN 7. I'm guessing it is NOT a computer problem, if it is it is affecting both my Mac and Dell, separate cat 5 cables to same wifi router

To remixedcat, I don't know for sure how to check IP settings, see above post, no damage apparent to anything.

revdrw, Jun 10, 2023
  3. Tjarc2525 Win User
    ETHERNET NOT WORKING - WIfi works fine .

Hey Guys

Recently I brought and built a computer. We have ultra-fast fibre internet and I recently tried to connect an Ethernet cable to this and is doesn’t work.

I get “Unidentified network“ and “no internet” next to the Ethernet logo, with the yellow triangle after pluggin the cable in.

My desktop connects absolutely fine to the wifi through a wireless adapter when I put this in the desktop but it doesn’t through the Ethernet cable.

The Ethernet cable works absolutely fine on other devices as well and we have tried every port of the modem for both the desktop and other devices. It works in every port for other devices and none on the computer,
    hence it must not be a problem with the modem.

I have also updated the Ethernet driver and it says it up to date also.

Any help or steps to solve all of this would be greatly appreciated !

Cheers

Tjarc2525, Jun 10, 2023
  4. revdrw Win User

Ethernet on PC is extremely slow. WIFI works completely fine.

WIFI Works, Ethernet won't

WIFI Works, not ethernet. I have a MacBook Pro and a Dell WIN 7. Ethernet stopped working, replaced WIFI Access point. I replaced the wifi access point, and for several days, it worked! But then about a week later, I can still connect wifi just fine with all devices, but not ethernet. Frustrated in Hobart*Bang Head :banghead:

New WI-FI Router Lynksys N900 Model # EA4500-NP NEW/Replaced MOdem
    Modem Motorola Surfboard SB5101U

revdrw, Jun 10, 2023
Thema:

Ethernet on PC is extremely slow. WIFI works completely fine.

1. Ethernet on PC is extremely slow. WIFI works completely fine. - Similar Threads - Ethernet extremely slow

2. Ethernet on PC is extremely slow. WIFI works completely fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet on PC is extremely slow. WIFI works completely fine.: My WIFI works perfectly fine. I have Starlink and that is running through 2 Powerline Adapters through the house to 2 other routers. The WIFI is working great on all routers, however my ethernet for my PC is extremely slow. I am only seeing speeds of 7Mbps but over WIFI I am...
  3. Ethernet on PC is extremely slow. WIFI works completely fine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet on PC is extremely slow. WIFI works completely fine.: My WIFI works perfectly fine. I have Starlink and that is running through 2 Powerline Adapters through the house to 2 other routers. The WIFI is working great on all routers, however my ethernet for my PC is extremely slow. I am only seeing speeds of 7Mbps but over WIFI I am...
  4. Ethernet working fine but not wifi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ethernet working fine but not wifi: hello, i am a user of windows 10 pro. but from last some time ethernet connection is working properly but wifi is not working nicely. it keeps on disconnecting again and again and makes trouble. please help me...
  5. Ethernet working fine but not wifi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ethernet working fine but not wifi: HELLO ' I AM A USER OF WINDOWS 10 PRO. FROM THE LAST SOME MONTHS WIFI IS NOT WORKING ON MY PC BUT WHEN I PLUG A ETHERNET CABLE THE INTERNET STARS WORKING. THE WIFI DISCONNECTES AGAIN AND AGAIN AND SHOWS NO INTERNET INSPITE OF INTERNET DATA LEFT. PLEASE HELP ME. I HAVE TO...
  6. Extremely Slow Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extremely Slow Wifi: I just got a new Asus Vivobook 15 X512FA today. In the same spot as my phone, it gets speeds of 5mbps while my phone gets 150mbps. It also has 2 bars while my phone has 5. I have contacted Microsoft and my internet provider and neither could solve the problem. I also have tha...
  7. extremely slow wifi

extremely slow wifi: I got a used surface pro 5i7 7660U, 256GB about two weeks ago. the internet worked fine and very fast..until I updated 25 out of date drivers through GetMyDrivers, that I PAID for. now, whenever I turn off Bluetooth, the wifi with work at the speed that it is supposed...
  8. Surface Extremely slow WIFI

Surface Extremely slow WIFI: I cannot get my WiFi download speed up than 0.15 - 0.19 Mb If I try from my mobile phone or any other laptop or tablet got good speed about 40Mb all tests are very near to the router is that a problem with surface hardware WiFi? I found another question same this one...
  9. Extremely Slow Wifi

Extremely Slow Wifi: Hello! I have Windows 10 on my PC. I have had a WiFi card in it for over a year now and have not had any problems, yet recently the WiFi has gotten extremely slow. Our WiFi network which can output 450 Mbps is only picking up about 7-25 and that's when nobody else is using...
  10. WiFi being extremely slow on my PC

WiFi being extremely slow on my PC: I had a technician out yesterday to take a look at my modem, and, he confirmed it was backed up and slow, but, he apparently fixed it for the time being and everyone else in my house has good internet connection, it should normally be around 200mb p/s down, but on speedtest...