Windows 10: ETHERNET OPTION IS NOT THERE IN NETWORK AND INTERNET SETTINGS

Discus and support ETHERNET OPTION IS NOT THERE IN NETWORK AND INTERNET SETTINGS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Mostly I use wifi for internet but recently I want to use LAN wired connection for internet but it is not working. then i recoginze there was no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TEJA VARDHANREDDY T, Jan 19, 2020.

1. ETHERNET OPTION IS NOT THERE IN NETWORK AND INTERNET SETTINGS

Mostly I use wifi for internet but recently I want to use LAN wired connection for internet but it is not working. then i recoginze there was no ethernet option in network and internet settings, i updated drivers of realtek ethernet which was suggested by support assistant of dell and it is installed but that was not showing in my device manager. So how can i get ethernet connection?

:)

TEJA VARDHANREDDY T, Jan 19, 2020

2. Network and Internet settings, No Ethernet option

Hi Sebastian,

Just to clarify, to which port have you plugged in the Ethernet cord, Is it to the phone jack or Ethernet port?

The Ethernet section appears if you're connected to a network via Ethernet, and is similar to the Wi-Fi section.

I suggest you to unplug the Ethernet cord from the laptop and restart the system. Then I suggest you to turn on the Wifi and plugin the Ethernet cord and check if you can see any drivers identified from the action center from the task bar.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Network and Internet settings, No Ethernet option

I just bought an Ethernet cord and I connected it to my laptop and everything but I notice the internet speed is the same and the icon on the bottom right shows a WiFi icon rather than a Ethernet Icon. I go to setting and I realize I don't have an Ethernet
    section on the Network and Internet settings area. I'm not sure what to do or how to get that Ethernet section, my laptop does have a port/hole and I don't really see the issue.

Maybe if it will help I have a Toshiba satellite, Model: Satellite C55D-B

I also tried updating the drivers to see if that would work but they are up to date and YouTube didn't help either.

Help!

sebastianbaraj5, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

ETHERNET OPTION IS NOT THERE IN NETWORK AND INTERNET SETTINGS

Changing internet type on a internet passthrough ethernet connection

Hi SanJ16,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

You may try the following steps on your laptop and check if it works.

1. Open ‘Settings’ and choose ‘Network and Internet’.
    2. Click on ‘Ethernet’ and tap ‘Properties’ for the network connection.
    3. Set it to ‘Private’ and turn on ‘Make this PC discoverable’.
    4. Close settings when finished.

Hope it helps,

Junaid_A, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

ETHERNET OPTION IS NOT THERE IN NETWORK AND INTERNET SETTINGS

1. ETHERNET OPTION IS NOT THERE IN NETWORK AND INTERNET SETTINGS - Similar Threads - ETHERNET OPTION NETWORK

2. Why isn't there a ethernet option in my network and internet settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't there a ethernet option in my network and internet settings?: When I first got my pc I used ethernet all the time till one day I got on my pc and it just didn't work. I went to my internet settings and the option for it was gone. I feel like I've tried a lot of things and options over the months of it not working. I even went as far as...
  3. Why isn't there a ethernet option in my network and internet settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why isn't there a ethernet option in my network and internet settings?: When I first got my pc I used ethernet all the time till one day I got on my pc and it just didn't work. I went to my internet settings and the option for it was gone. I feel like I've tried a lot of things and options over the months of it not working. I even went as far as...
  4. Why isn't there a ethernet option in my network and internet settings?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ethernet tab not in Network and Internet settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet tab not in Network and Internet settings: I've tried all the network troubleshooters, but I haven't gone into BIOS or control panel to fix it.As you can see, there is not ethernet option. I don't know if I need to go to a shop to fix it....
  6. Ethernet tab not in Network and Internet settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet tab not in Network and Internet settings: I've tried all the network troubleshooters, but I haven't gone into BIOS or control panel to fix it.As you can see, there is not ethernet option. I don't know if I need to go to a shop to fix it....
  7. Ethernet tab not in Network and Internet settings

8. No WiFi option in Network & Internet settings

No WiFi option in Network & Internet settings: I was having trouble with my WiFi so I saw this magical button called "Network Reset" and I pushed it, because I'm not smart. And it restarted my computer, and I logged back in and saw on my hotbar where WiFi shows up it said "Not connected, no connections available" and I...
  9. Network & Internet Settings - No Connection Options

Network & Internet Settings - No Connection Options: Hi, earlier today my Internet connection suddenly stopped working on my Windows 10 PC. Clicking on the Internet connection button in the bottom right brings up only "Network & Internet settings. Change settings, such as making a connection metred." There is no WiFi or...
  10. Ethernet settings, Unidentified network, no Internet

Ethernet settings, Unidentified network, no Internet: Changed some network names and SSID settings to a router. Had 4 PC's downstairs coming off of a switch box. Each fed into an ethernet adaptor. Worked fine. Now the ethernet setting shows Unidentified Network, and speeds are like wifi speeds. Not obvious whats up....