Windows 10: Ethernet Port has been stopped working after the Windows update.

Discus and support Ethernet Port has been stopped working after the Windows update. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ethernet Port has been stopped working after the Windows update ( July 26, 2019 - KB4505903). Kindly Help me to resolve this issue. I have tried almost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SnehasishChowdhury, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Ethernet Port has been stopped working after the Windows update.

Ethernet Port has been stopped working after the Windows update ( July 26, 2019 - KB4505903). Kindly Help me to resolve this issue. I have tried almost every troubleshooting steps lyk Driver update, uninstall and reinstall the driver, system restart, Bios Update. ) . It was working fine before the update but now wifi is working but Lan port is not working. Even lan port light also not blinking. kindly help.

:)

SnehasishChowdhury, Aug 11, 2019
  2. Jakl Win User

Ethernet port not blinking...

possibly your ethernet port has died...

Unless if you format/reinstall windows , and see if that way... but overall, physically take a look at the motherboard in the computer, and see if any capacitor's top's have blown open or even have a bump on them (the tops of the capacitors should be flat) . If any indication that happens, then your mobo is eventually gonna die.

Other than that, u went through all other steps that are very known..

**My Friends system not to long ago has the exact same issue, and there were caps blown, but only the ethernet didnt work

3. limons Win User
    New build, all works but ethernet

Anyway everything works fine except for the ethernet port. Under device manager it is listed as "Ethernet Controller", under the category of "unknown devices" (along with several other unknown devices).

limons, Aug 11, 2019
  4. bettz Win User

Ethernet Port has been stopped working after the Windows update.

Ethernet port not working Not seen By Xp

Hi all I'm in the process of swapping my old motherboard & cpu into my friends case whenafter formatting and installing Xp fresh, I'm having problems with Xp recognizing my network.

My ethernet card is built into my motherboard which is a Asus M2V i think its a Attansic L1 Gigabit Ethernet. It was working fine in my old pc. After installing Xp fresh again i installed all the drivers and it was working but after rebooting installing windows updates etc the card wont come back on. There's no light at the back of the port either i've tried enabling the port, disabling, uninstalling and updating the drivers but still no luck.

After doing another format (thought this might help) the network is no longer shown in device manager and when i try to add neew hardware it only gives me microsoft network options, not the Attansic L1 Gigabit Ethernet.

Any ideas or shall i just buy a cheap ethernet card?

I checked Event viewer and this error was shown
    Windows saved user Pc123\Joe Bloggs registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

bettz, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Ethernet Port has been stopped working after the Windows update.

1. Ethernet Port has been stopped working after the Windows update. - Similar Threads - Ethernet Port has

2. HDMI Port On Acer A515 Always Stops Working After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI Port On Acer A515 Always Stops Working After Windows Update: Hello All, I have been having this issue for at least 4 Windows 10 updates. The problem shows up after a Windows Update is performed: my HDMI port stops working, meaning no signal detected on my monitor. I was able to resolve it before but I can't do it this time....
  3. USB to ethernet port not working even after driver installation

USB to ethernet port not working even after driver installation: Device USB\VID_0FE6&PID_9700\5&16aceb2e&0&3 requires further installation.\ Hi, I am getting this error when i'm using USB to ethernet port on my computer, and it is not getting connected....
  4. Windows update: Keyboard has stopped working

Windows update: Keyboard has stopped working: Hey guys, I updated my laptop last night so I could get the new xbox app. This morning when all was complete, I noticed my keyboard stopped working (Apart from the power button and the ROG gaming button. The keyboard works fine in the bios, so I know it works, but as soon...
  5. USB ports stop working after boot

USB ports stop working after boot: I bought a new laptop (Dell Inspiron 5000 i7) last week, and after some Windows updates, my USB ports have stopped working; that is to say, when I boot up the computer, if I plug in my drawing tablet (Huion 610PRO), it will work for a few minutes, abruptly stop, and then I'll...
  6. USB ports not working after Windows update

USB ports not working after Windows update: I had a update last night for windows 10 on my desktop, made me do it as I could not turn off my computer without it starting, I get up in the morning and get on, the usb ports work for 5 minutes at most before they stop working, all of them worked fine until this update, I...
  7. Ethernet not working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet not working after Windows 10 update: My ethernet connection stopped working after a Windows 10 update. How do I reload the drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/ethernet-not-working-after-windows-10-update/9e749d85-d0f8-4dd8-82fd-ca81a74e698d
  8. HDMI Port Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI Port Stopped Working: I generally use a second monitor via an HDMI cable while working. However, it stopped working today. I checked these: Windows cannot detect a second monitor when HDMI cable is connected to the second monitor. HDMI cable which I use works if another device is connected to...
  9. Windows update has stopped working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update has stopped working: Hi there everyone after updating to win10 from 8.1 everything worked fine until today. When I switch pc on I always check for updates but today windows update would not work!! It had worked since upgrade on Monday. Tried rebooting but still not working! any ideas?...
  10. Ethernet stopped working?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet stopped working?: My ethernet cord that I have been using for a couple of months just stopped working today. I don't know how to fix it. The outlet in both my computer and the wall usually lights up when its plugged in but neither of them are so I don't know what the problem is 70345