Windows 10: Ethernet Port has been stopped working after the Windows update.

Discus and support Ethernet Port has been stopped working after the Windows update. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ethernet Port has been stopped working after the Windows update ( July 26, 2019 - KB4505903). Kindly Help me to resolve this issue. I have tried almost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SnehasishChowdhury, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Ethernet Port has been stopped working after the Windows update.

Ethernet Port has been stopped working after the Windows update ( July 26, 2019 - KB4505903). Kindly Help me to resolve this issue. I have tried almost every troubleshooting steps lyk Driver update, uninstall and reinstall the driver, system restart, Bios Update. ) . It was working fine before the update but now wifi is working but Lan port is not working. Even lan port light also not blinking. kindly help.

:)

SnehasishChowdhury, Aug 11, 2019
  2. Jakl Win User

Ethernet port not blinking...

possibly your ethernet port has died...

Unless if you format/reinstall windows , and see if that way... but overall, physically take a look at the motherboard in the computer, and see if any capacitor's top's have blown open or even have a bump on them (the tops of the capacitors should be flat) . If any indication that happens, then your mobo is eventually gonna die.

Other than that, u went through all other steps that are very known..

**My Friends system not to long ago has the exact same issue, and there were caps blown, but only the ethernet didnt work

3. limons Win User
    New build, all works but ethernet

Anyway everything works fine except for the ethernet port. Under device manager it is listed as "Ethernet Controller", under the category of "unknown devices" (along with several other unknown devices).

limons, Aug 11, 2019
  4. bettz Win User

Ethernet Port has been stopped working after the Windows update.

Ethernet port not working Not seen By Xp

Hi all I'm in the process of swapping my old motherboard & cpu into my friends case whenafter formatting and installing Xp fresh, I'm having problems with Xp recognizing my network.

My ethernet card is built into my motherboard which is a Asus M2V i think its a Attansic L1 Gigabit Ethernet. It was working fine in my old pc. After installing Xp fresh again i installed all the drivers and it was working but after rebooting installing windows updates etc the card wont come back on. There's no light at the back of the port either i've tried enabling the port, disabling, uninstalling and updating the drivers but still no luck.

After doing another format (thought this might help) the network is no longer shown in device manager and when i try to add neew hardware it only gives me microsoft network options, not the Attansic L1 Gigabit Ethernet.

Any ideas or shall i just buy a cheap ethernet card?

I checked Event viewer and this error was shown
    Windows saved user Pc123\Joe Bloggs registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

bettz, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Ethernet Port has been stopped working after the Windows update.

1. Ethernet Port has been stopped working after the Windows update. - Similar Threads - Ethernet Port has

2. Usb port stop working after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Usb port stop working after update: Usb port stop working after I restarted from update.The update stopped in the middle then i restarted it but it stops again then i reinstalled the windows....
  3. Usb port stop working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb port stop working after update: Usb port stop working after I restarted from update.The update stopped in the middle then i restarted it but it stops again then i reinstalled the windows....
  4. Usb port stop working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Usb port stop working after update

6. Usb port stop working after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. USB port stopped working after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB port stopped working after Windows Update: One PC runs an aircraft tracking program and a ship tracking program. Both have received connected via USB.A couple of months ago I noticed the ship tracking was not working. I initially thought the receiver or antenna was faulty so checked the antenna and tried a spare...
  8. USB port stopped working after Windows Update

USB port stopped working after Windows Update: One PC runs an aircraft tracking program and a ship tracking program. Both have received connected via USB.A couple of months ago I noticed the ship tracking was not working. I initially thought the receiver or antenna was faulty so checked the antenna and tried a spare...
  9. USB Ports stopped working after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Ports stopped working after windows update: Hi, I updated my computer yesterday and noticed that all my devices Mouse, Keyboard... have stopped working. Im guessing the update messed up my usb drivers somehow... I opened the device manager and checked and I noticed a yellow warnign sign on one of them:It says: This...
  10. After a Windows update, my ethernet has stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After a Windows update, my ethernet has stopped working: After updating my PC, windows 10 stopped working. specs if you need them: Ryzen 5 1600AF (or 2600) gigabyte gtx 1070 16 gb 3200 mhz ram asrock b450 motherboard submitted by /u/UNBRUH_MOMENTO [link] [comments]...