Windows 10: Ethernet port no longer works after upgrade to Windows 10

Discus and support Ethernet port no longer works after upgrade to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my Dell Studio XPS 435T/9000 to windows 10 and the ethernet port no longer works. I believe I have a Realtek PCIe GbE Family... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wetwurkz, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Wetwurkz Win User

Ethernet port no longer works after upgrade to Windows 10

I recently upgraded my Dell Studio XPS 435T/9000 to windows 10 and the ethernet port no longer works.

I believe I have a Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller ethernet port but this is the current one displaying after I tried to update to a newer driver.

All hep is appreciated. Thank you!

:)

Wetwurkz, Mar 7, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Jakl Win User
    Ethernet port not blinking...

possibly your ethernet port has died...

Unless if you format/reinstall windows , and see if that way... but overall, physically take a look at the motherboard in the computer, and see if any capacitor's top's have blown open or even have a bump on them (the tops of the capacitors should be flat) . If any indication that happens, then your mobo is eventually gonna die.

Other than that, u went through all other steps that are very known..

**My Friends system not to long ago has the exact same issue, and there were caps blown, but only the ethernet didnt work

Jakl, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Ethernet port no longer works after upgrade to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Ethernet port longer

2. My Ethernet Port is not Working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Ethernet Port is not Working?: I'm trying to use Ethernet with my PC it was working fine then suddenly stopped for no reason at all? it doesn't show up in the control panel but it shows up in device manager under hidden devices when i go to it's properties it says under device status: "Currently, this...
  3. My Ethernet Port is not Working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Ethernet Port is not Working?: I'm trying to use Ethernet with my PC it was working fine then suddenly stopped for no reason at all? it doesn't show up in the control panel but it shows up in device manager under hidden devices when i go to it's properties it says under device status: "Currently, this...
  4. My Ethernet Port is not Working?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. bluetooth no longer working after upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth no longer working after upgrading to windows 11: shortly after updating to windows 11 my laptop stopped connecting to bluetooth device. sometimes after I restart "Bluetooth Support Service" in services it will appear in task manager with my devices but it will still fail to connect and disappears again afterwards. running...
  6. USB Ports No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Ports No Longer Working: I have this laptop: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gateway-14-1-1080p-PC-Laptop-Intel-Core-i5-16GB-RAM-256GB-SSD-Windows-10-Black-GWTN141-4BK/364041142?comm-msg-vehicle=EMAIL&comm-msg-id=8b024544-7a63-430a-a90f-2e782d565448The laptop has two USB ports. Whenever I try plugging a...
  7. DVD Burner no longer working after upgrade to 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DVD Burner no longer working after upgrade to 10: I have an older Toshiba PC, mainly use it for DVD burner. After mandatory upgrade to Windows 10, the TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633F no longer works. I've tried uninstalling it and rebooting to reinstall the driver-doesn't work. I searched for driver updates and it says that the...
  8. Ethernet Port has been stopped working after the Windows update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Port has been stopped working after the Windows update.: Ethernet Port has been stopped working after the Windows update ( July 26, 2019 - KB4505903). Kindly Help me to resolve this issue. I have tried almost every troubleshooting steps lyk Driver update, uninstall and reinstall the driver, system restart, Bios Update. ) . It was...
  9. USB to ethernet port not working even after driver installation

USB to ethernet port not working even after driver installation: Device USB\VID_0FE6&PID_9700\5&16aceb2e&0&3 requires further installation.\ Hi, I am getting this error when i'm using USB to ethernet port on my computer, and it is not getting connected....
  10. USB Ports Not Working After Upgrade to W10

USB Ports Not Working After Upgrade to W10: I have a computer here who's USB ports have stopped worked...mostly after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 The two on the front of the case dont work at all. And the 6 on the back of the machine work for some things but not for others. Mice, drawing tablets and...