Windows 10: Ethernet port not detected in PC

Discus and support Ethernet port not detected in PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I accidentally deleted my ethernet network adapter from under device manager. I am using windows 10-64 bit and on a asus rog strix b350. My desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hcraft04, May 14, 2020.

1. Hcraft04 Win User

Ethernet port not detected in PC

I accidentally deleted my ethernet network adapter from under device manager. I am using windows 10-64 bit and on a asus rog strix b350. My desktop doesnt detect the ethernet port at all. It doesnt show up when I scan network adapters for hardware changes. How would I get my computer to register the port and allow me to get online. It was accidentally totally removed from the system.p

:)

Hcraft04, May 14, 2020

2. ETHERNET PORT

I HAVE A DELL ICORE 3 LAPTOP. RECENTLY MY ETHERNET PORT IS NOT DETECTING THE NETWORK CABLE WHERE BY I USED USB ETHERNET LAN ADAPTER NOW BOTH THE ETHERNET PORT AND LAN ADAPTER IS NOT DETECTED BY MY LAPTOP... SEE IF U COULD HELP ME

YeshiTshomo, May 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 after upgade to 1709 if keyboard not plugged then ethernet device is not detected.

When I start my windows 10 (1709 build) without plugging keyboard and mouse, it does not detect Ethernet card.

Mother board is of Intel and Ethernet is on board (integrated).

I have also installed latest Ethernet driver by auto updated drivers from internet.

Steps:

Shutdown pc

Remove keyboard and mouse

Keep lan cable plugged

Start pc

Ethernet device is not detected. It shows in list in Device manager screen. but with Yellow triangle.

Then I need to plug keyboard and just do a hardware scan then Ethernet is detected and all ok after that.

When I start with keyboard and mouse plugged in then it detects Ethernet card and available on LAN.

Am I missing something?

Rajeev_Mehta, May 14, 2020
  4. Jakl Win User

Ethernet port not blinking...

possibly your ethernet port has died...

Unless if you format/reinstall windows , and see if that way... but overall, physically take a look at the motherboard in the computer, and see if any capacitor's top's have blown open or even have a bump on them (the tops of the capacitors should be flat) . If any indication that happens, then your mobo is eventually gonna die.

Other than that, u went through all other steps that are very known..

**My Friends system not to long ago has the exact same issue, and there were caps blown, but only the ethernet didnt work

Thema:

1. Ethernet port not detected in PC - Similar Threads - Ethernet port detected

2. Wifi adapter missing and PC has no Ethernet port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter missing and PC has no Ethernet port: So occasionally my laptop HP something...2023 model will randomly disconnect from the Internet and says no network available. This time, it disconnected and I disabled my wifi adapter to re enable it. The adapter disappeared, now I can't connect to any network, and I just...
  3. ethernet not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ethernet not detected: i can find bluetooth and wifi under control panel but i doesnt find my ethernet port what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-not-detected/f8a400e7-20e3-4f3e-a278-876e7853d81f
  4. ethernet not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ethernet not detected: i can find bluetooth and wifi under control panel but i doesnt find my ethernet port what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-not-detected/f8a400e7-20e3-4f3e-a278-876e7853d81f
  5. Ethernet not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet not detected: Ethernet is not detected after installing drivers for a 1660 super, I’ve tried every trick in the book. Any ideas? submitted by /u/Freetoez [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/w5eq8e/ethernet_not_detected/
  6. ETHERNET PORT AND NETWORK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ETHERNET PORT AND NETWORK: Hi I bought from the market USB Ethernet Adapter Version QTS1081B no 9700 and it has CD for driver installationhence may laptop has no CD drive so where can i download applicable driver from?...
  7. ETHERNET PORT AND NETWORK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ETHERNET PORT AND NETWORK: Hi I bought from the market USB Ethernet Adapter Version QTS1081B no 9700 and it has CD for driver installationhence may laptop has no CD drive so where can i download applicable driver from?...
  8. ETHERNET PORT AND NETWORK

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Ethernet Port Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Port Issues: I am having troubles with my ethernet port not connecting to my router. The router shows that it is sending data to the ethernet port, but when I run the troubleshooting, it is saying "Ethernet 2 doesn't have a valid IP Configuration". I haven't messed with my config and...
  10. 2.0 pendrive not detecting in 2.0 port but detecting in 3.0 port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2.0 pendrive not detecting in 2.0 port but detecting in 3.0 port: I have two Win 10 PC. One of my 2.0 pendrive is not detecting in 2.0 port of both PC but getting detected if inserted in 3.0 port. This is not a problem with other 2.0 pendrives. 168255