Windows 10: Ethernet Private connection with Win7 pc

Discus and support Ethernet Private connection with Win7 pc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I connect a WIN10 pc to a WIN7 pc on a private ethernet with no internet access and only using LAN cables and a router... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Janvan Noordwyk, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Ethernet Private connection with Win7 pc

How do I connect a WIN10 pc to a WIN7 pc on a private ethernet with no internet access and only using LAN cables and a router

:)

Janvan Noordwyk, Nov 16, 2018

2. private connection

Hi,

You can customize your Network connection to either Public or Private network. To set your network connection to Private, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Settings, and then select Network & Internet.
    • On the left pane, select internet connection you are using (ex: Ethernet, Wi-Fi, etc.).
    • Click the network name that you are currently connected to.
    • Under Network window, enable Make this PC discoverable button.

Ethernet Private connection with Win7 pc 01ac483c-a3a0-4fbe-8a73-e02e8fe69afa.png

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to use.

Monica Cam, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Changing internet type on a internet passthrough ethernet connection

Hi SanJ16,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

You may try the following steps on your laptop and check if it works.

1. Open ‘Settings’ and choose ‘Network and Internet’.
    2. Click on ‘Ethernet’ and tap ‘Properties’ for the network connection.
    3. Set it to ‘Private’ and turn on ‘Make this PC discoverable’.
    4. Close settings when finished.

Hope it helps,

Junaid_A, Nov 16, 2018
  4. matake Win User

Ethernet Private connection with Win7 pc

configure two network type wifi public and Ethernet private

Hello,

I have two network adapters in Windows 10 one wifi for connecting to internet and one Ethernet for local network.
    I need to configure wifi adapter to public network and Ethernet to private network but i can't.

Inverse it work ( wifi to private and Ethernet to public ) but I don't need that.
    (only wifi adapter have option to be discoverable by others pd in Network Settings -> advanced options )

I need to share files by Ethernet AND NOT by wifi.

Any suggestion?

Thank you

matake, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Ethernet Private connection with Win7 pc

1. Ethernet Private connection with Win7 pc - Similar Threads - Ethernet Private connection

2. How do a change an ethernet connection ffrom public to private?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do a change an ethernet connection ffrom public to private?: How do a change an ethernet connection ffrom public to private? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-a-change-an-ethernet-connection-ffrom/40af81b9-48a1-40bd-a16e-712ad9897f4a
  3. Cannot select, Private, in Settings>Network & Internet>Ethernet>Ethernet Connected>Network...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot select, Private, in Settings>Network & Internet>Ethernet>Ethernet Connected>Network...: I cannot select the Private radio button, in Settings>Network & Internet>Ethernet>Ethernet Connected>Network Profile. The Network Profile, Public, radio button is selected when I get there. When I click to select the Private button, the public button is unselected AND the...
  4. Cannot select, Private, in Settings>Network & Internet>Ethernet>Ethernet Connected>Network...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot select, Private, in Settings>Network & Internet>Ethernet>Ethernet Connected>Network...: I cannot select the Private radio button, in Settings>Network & Internet>Ethernet>Ethernet Connected>Network Profile. The Network Profile, Public, radio button is selected when I get there. When I click to select the Private button, the public button is unselected AND the...
  5. Cannot select, Private, in Settings>Network & Internet>Ethernet>Ethernet Connected>Network...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Ethernet connected to pc, no connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet connected to pc, no connection: Network adapter doesn’t work so connected ethernet still doesn’t work. Audio doesn’t work. any help thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-connected-to-pc-no-connection/98635aef-404b-4fd4-ac13-23a484d1dfc6
  7. connection not private

connection not private: I am getting the following error message: Your connection is not private Attackers might be trying to steal your information from mail.yahoo.com for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards. Learn more NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID I have tried just about...
  8. No Private/Public switch for Ethernet connection

No Private/Public switch for Ethernet connection: Hello, Where is the Public/Private switch has gone for Ethernet connection? I need to switch my ethernet connection from public to private. I have connected two PCs using ethernet cross-over cable Thanks Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.592 [ATTACH]...
  9. Ethernet Connectivity on Pc

Ethernet Connectivity on Pc: My internet on my pc was working 2 days ago. I saw a windows update so I clicked it. My device was restarted and there was no wifi on it. I was confused because my ethernet cable was plugged in. When I went to troubleshooting it said that windows could not find a driver for...
  10. ethernet private network

ethernet private network: [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] What happen? เกิดอะไรขึ้น เราควรแก้ไขยั https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-private-network/2a07eab8-c986-44af-8ddc-4f3739420e53