Windows 10: ethernet private network

Discus and support ethernet private network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] What happen? เกิดอะไรขึ้น เราควรแก้ไขยั... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nichapatyodyotee, Oct 19, 2018.

1. ethernet private network

ethernet private network 986d6393-04ec-40a7-b7ad-6058b9195ffc?upload=true.jpg ethernet private network 6a761dcf-18b7-4a81-a50a-ab7ad726fa2d?upload=true.jpg ethernet private network e5a8cf8e-098b-41ac-812b-0bdd0a2e35cf?upload=true.jpg

What happen? เกิดอะไรขึ้น เราควรแก้ไขยั

:)

nichapatyodyotee, Oct 19, 2018
  2. matake Win User

configure two network type wifi public and Ethernet private

Hello,

I have two network adapters in Windows 10 one wifi for connecting to internet and one Ethernet for local network.
    I need to configure wifi adapter to public network and Ethernet to private network but i can't.

Inverse it work ( wifi to private and Ethernet to public ) but I don't need that.
    (only wifi adapter have option to be discoverable by others pd in Network Settings -> advanced options )

I need to share files by Ethernet AND NOT by wifi.

Any suggestion?

Thank you

matake, Oct 19, 2018
  3. Windows 10: How to make Private Network enabled

Hi Jeff,

To change the network from public to private or vice versa, I would suggest you to try the steps below and check:

1. Press Windows key + I to open settings.

2. Click "network and internet".

3. If you are using Ethernet, click "Ethernet" and click on the network.

4. Enable the "make this pc discoverable" option to change the network to private.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 19, 2018
  4. DWalker55 Win User

ethernet private network

How to change my primary ethernet connection to a Private Network

Ugo at the tinkertry link, under build 162999, it has steps for a wired Ethernet link which I tried to follow. At step 3 it says:

"3. under the top section labeled Ethernet, left-click the first network item that comes up near the top, such as
    Network Connected" - THAT step works fine but for step 4.:

"4. at the top, under Network profile, change from Public to
    Private" - Well here's the problem. The page that comes up does not have a "network profile" with the Public to Private choice. It is simply not there. There is first the choice about a metered connection, then Properties, and a save changes
    button.

I have searched around for a Network profile with the choice of network types but have failed to find it. Where has this setting gone?

Any more ideas?

Doug

DWalker55, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

ethernet private network

1. ethernet private network - Similar Threads - ethernet private network

2. Cannot select, Private, in Settings>Network & Internet>Ethernet>Ethernet Connected>Network...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot select, Private, in Settings>Network & Internet>Ethernet>Ethernet Connected>Network...: I cannot select the Private radio button, in Settings>Network & Internet>Ethernet>Ethernet Connected>Network Profile. The Network Profile, Public, radio button is selected when I get there. When I click to select the Private button, the public button is unselected AND the...
  3. Cannot select, Private, in Settings>Network & Internet>Ethernet>Ethernet Connected>Network...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot select, Private, in Settings>Network & Internet>Ethernet>Ethernet Connected>Network...: I cannot select the Private radio button, in Settings>Network & Internet>Ethernet>Ethernet Connected>Network Profile. The Network Profile, Public, radio button is selected when I get there. When I click to select the Private button, the public button is unselected AND the...
  4. Cannot select, Private, in Settings>Network & Internet>Ethernet>Ethernet Connected>Network...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I cannot change my Windows 10 Ethernet Network to Private

I cannot change my Windows 10 Ethernet Network to Private: I cannot change my Windows 10 Ethernet Network to Private [Home version 2004]. I click on Unidentified Network No Internet to open the Settings Network and Internet. I click on Unidentified Network No Internet to open the properties for Unidentified Network. It gives me...
  6. How to change Ethernet network profile from public to private in Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change Ethernet network profile from public to private in Windows: So Everything Ive Googled says go to settings --> network and internet --> Ethernet, then click on the Ethernet network name and change the toggle there. However, When i click on the Ethernet network name , all i get is Metered connection setting. Theres nothing about being...
  7. Public or Private Network

Public or Private Network: Hello, May I ask: Should a home PC user select (from their network properties) the Public or Private Network Option? I don't want my PC to be viewed or discoverable by any neighbors in the WiFi Network. I will not be file sharing. Just simply want security. Thanks...
  8. Private Network

Private Network: Can I still browse the internet if I set my network status to Private? It is currently on Public. I have a second PC that I want to be able to share files and devices. I am assuming is that sharing on public network is more problematic from a security point of view...
  9. Virtual Private Network

Virtual Private Network: Hi, Is there a way to determine if I have a VPN installed. I did not install one. Yet, I see these switches on: Settings > Network and internet > VPN Allow VPN connections over metered networks - on Allow VPN to connect while Roaming. - on I don't see any VPN...
  10. configure two network type wifi public and Ethernet private

configure two network type wifi public and Ethernet private: Hello, I have two network adapters in Windows 10 one wifi for connecting to internet and one Ethernet for local network. I need to configure wifi adapter to public network and Ethernet to private network but i can't. Inverse it work ( wifi to private and Ethernet to...