Windows 10: Ethernet(Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller) Stopped Working After Dec. 5 Patch (Windows 10...

Discus and support Ethernet(Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller) Stopped Working After Dec. 5 Patch (Windows 10... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Title is self explanatory. All worked fine before this patch. Ethernet Adapter: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. Laptop: Asus X550JK. Tried all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChrisC.88, Dec 6, 2018.

1. ChrisC.88 Win User

Ethernet(Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller) Stopped Working After Dec. 5 Patch (Windows 10...

Title is self explanatory. All worked fine before this patch.

Ethernet Adapter: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. Laptop: Asus X550JK.

Tried all possible fix suggestions, including updating the driver; nothing worked. Wire and ISP status check at their end were ok.

Device manager, windows logs and manual check of the hardware itself do no show anything wrong with the adapter itself.

WiFi works fine.

:)

ChrisC.88, Dec 6, 2018

2. RealTek PCIe GBE Family Controller not working

I searched for "Realtek pcie GBE controller" in the search box on this site and found this -

Windows 10 Ethernet bug (Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller)

I tried the last suggestion and it worked for me.

PapaEchoUK, Dec 6, 2018
  3. jelv Win User
    Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Problem Windows 10

I had a similar problem and had tried all the suggestions about re-installing drivers etc. In the end I stumbled on this which worked: I disabled Green Ethernet in the advanced settings of the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Properties.

jelv, Dec 6, 2018
  4. DtxM Win User

Ethernet(Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller) Stopped Working After Dec. 5 Patch (Windows 10...

Windows 10 Ethernet bug (Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller)

Same situation as VidhyaVinay but his solution did not work for me.

I allowed Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7. Previously working ethernet controller stopped working. RealTek PCIe GBE Family Controller. I upgraded to latest RealTek driver, 10.3.723.2015, but no change. I disabled power save mode. I did a hard shutdown
    (power off, unplug, hold down power button, let sit for 10 minutes), but no change.

System logs show Dhcp-Client error "not assigned an address from the network for the Network card...error 0x79 (121). Another log entry shows Realtek controller is disconnected from the network.

Note: this is the ethernet controller. My Wi-Fi controller is working fine. Dell Wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz).

DtxM, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Ethernet(Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller) Stopped Working After Dec. 5 Patch (Windows 10... - Similar Threads - Ethernet Realtek PCIe

2. Which Realtek GBE Family Controller Driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Which Realtek GBE Family Controller Driver?: Since Realtek has updated its page, I am unaware of which download I need for my Realtek GBE Family Controller. How do I find the right one? Thanks. 121805
  3. Parental controls and family account not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Parental controls and family account not working: I just set up family accounts for my children a couple days ago and did not even give the info to my kids since I wanted to check them first. I went on my sons account and even though I toggled the content restrictions on (I double checked), I was able to view everything...
  4. Realtek LAN Driver (PCIe GBE Family Controller) Latest Version 10.026

Realtek LAN Driver (PCIe GBE Family Controller) Latest Version 10.026: Realtek LAN Driver (PCIe GBE Family Controller) Latest Version 10.026 Updated 11 May, 2018. RTL8111B/RTL8168B/RTL8111/RTL8168RTL8111C/RTL8111CP/RTL8111D(L)RTL8168C/RTL8111DP/RTL8111ERTL8168E/RTL8111F/RTL8411RTL8111G/RTL8111GUS/RTL8411B(N)RTL8118AS WindowsFor Realtek PCIe...
  5. Realtek PCIe GBE device cannot start code 10

Realtek PCIe GBE device cannot start code 10: Hi, PC is an old MSI board G31M3-L V2 (MS-7529) with latest BIOS 2.80 WIn 10 Pro. The onbaord NIC is a Realtek PCIe GBE . While the PC is booting one light is flashing in the network socket. When WIn10 boots the light is off, a red x is on the Network icon in the...
  6. Ethernet stopped working?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet stopped working?: My ethernet cord that I have been using for a couple of months just stopped working today. I don't know how to fix it. The outlet in both my computer and the wall usually lights up when its plugged in but neither of them are so I don't know what the problem is 70345
  7. vLan on Realtek PCIe GBE Family

vLan on Realtek PCIe GBE Family: Looking to set up vLan on my Windows 10 machine so that I can keep my server iLO connection separate from the rest of the network traffic. I open up the network connections and select properties for my Realtek connection. Then hit configure and I should be able to see a vLan...
  8. Relaktek PCIe GBE Family Controller randomly disconnects

Relaktek PCIe GBE Family Controller randomly disconnects: I am using a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller on my motherboard for ethernet, and it randomly, with no rhyme or reason, disconnects from the network, at least once every few hours. It works again when I disable and reenable it, but it's extremely aggravating whenever it...
  9. WOL realtek pcie gbe family controller

WOL realtek pcie gbe family controller: So I want to use wakeup on lan. I have searched google for answers of how to do this. I have done the power options on the ethernet adapter in device manager and went into BIOS to allow WOL (I couldn't find the option). I am using this app called unified remote to wakeup my...
  10. realtek pcie gbe family controller win10 can't connect after upgrade

realtek pcie gbe family controller win10 can't connect after upgrade: hi i'm using genune windows 10 home(not pirated version) my default version of realtek pcie gbe family controller is 9.1.401.2015 .,i upgraded it to 10.8.311.2016 awhile ago after that i can't use lan on my laptop, when i rollback to my default version, it is fine again. can...