Windows 10: ethernet shortcut

Discus and support ethernet shortcut in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I put an ethernet shortcut on my desktop and there is only an enable selection, no disable, until I open the location then disable appears on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DarrellFletcher2, Jun 10, 2021.

1. ethernet shortcut

I put an ethernet shortcut on my desktop and there is only an enable selection, no disable, until I open the location then disable appears on the shortcut. please advise

:)

DarrellFletcher2, Jun 10, 2021
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop.

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To create the Ethernet shortcut on your desktop, you can follow the step provided below.

Step: Create Ethernet shortcut on the desktop.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Type in ncpa.cpl
      and hit enter.
    3. You will see all your network adapter.
    4. Right click on your desired adapter and click on
      Create Shortcut and allow the prompt.
    5. Or you can drag and drop the network adapter on the desktop that will create a shortcut too.
    6. You can now right on the shortcut on your desktop and disable and enable internet connection.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jun 10, 2021
  3. captianjc Win User
    Desktop ethernet shortcut

I have created a shortcut on my desktop after installing windows 10 Pro.

The shortcut is for the ethernet. When I right click it you are able to disable the connection but when you right click to enable it the option is not there it still shows disable and the connection is already disable

Any suggestion would be gratefully received.

captianjc, Jun 10, 2021
  4. terrace Win User

ethernet shortcut

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.ethernet shortcut :)

terrace, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

ethernet shortcut

1. ethernet shortcut - Similar Threads - ethernet shortcut

2. Windows 11 not installing ethernet drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not installing ethernet drivers: I installed a fresh copy of windows 11 on a new ssd from a thumb drive. the install didn't install any drivers for the ethernet card, and windows will not recognize the card now. I cannot get on the internet to download the right drivers and I don't know what drivers to...
  3. Windows 11 not installing ethernet drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not installing ethernet drivers: I installed a fresh copy of windows 11 on a new ssd from a thumb drive. the install didn't install any drivers for the ethernet card, and windows will not recognize the card now. I cannot get on the internet to download the right drivers and I don't know what drivers to...
  4. Problem with activating windows with no wifi but ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with activating windows with no wifi but ethernet: i bought a pc that has windows activation key inside its BIOS, and i was told that itll activate once i connect to the internet. But the issue is that i dont have a WiFi adapter and only Ethernet connected to my pc, and once i go to the activation panel it tells me that i...
  5. Problem with activating windows with no wifi but ethernet

Problem with activating windows with no wifi but ethernet: i bought a pc that has windows activation key inside its BIOS, and i was told that itll activate once i connect to the internet. But the issue is that i dont have a WiFi adapter and only Ethernet connected to my pc, and once i go to the activation panel it tells me that i...
  6. Ethernet problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet problem: hi, for the past few hours i have been trying to fix my ethernet problem.I started with the normal troubleshoot which gave the following problem. "windows can't communicate with device or resource primary DNS server". I tried turning off and on the modem, router and my PC,...
  7. Ethernet problem

Ethernet problem: hi, for the past few hours i have been trying to fix my ethernet problem.I started with the normal troubleshoot which gave the following problem. "windows can't communicate with device or resource primary DNS server". I tried turning off and on the modem, router and my PC,...
  8. Ethernet problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop.: your article on how to put an ethernet shortcut on the desktop to allow the ability to easily turn the web connection on and off was a beauty. Been trying for days to find out how to do it. ***Title Modified Original: not a question***...
  10. Desktop ethernet shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop ethernet shortcut: I have created a shortcut on my desktop after installing windows 10 Pro. The shortcut is for the ethernet. When I right click it you are able to disable the connection but when you right click to enable it the option is not there it still shows disable and the connection is...