Windows 10: Ethernet showing but not connected.

Discus and support Ethernet showing but not connected. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have not connected to ethernet but still it is showing connected with no name and due to this I cannot start a wifi hotspot on my laptop.[IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HarshTala, Sep 11, 2018.

1. HarshTala Win User

Ethernet showing but not connected.

I have not connected to ethernet but still it is showing connected with no name and due to this I cannot start a wifi hotspot on my laptop.Ethernet showing but not connected. [​IMG]

:)

HarshTala, Sep 11, 2018

2. Ethernet shows red X and does not appear in settings, but still works

Not sure why this is happening. I have working ethernet and am connected, it works fine. But the taskbar icon shows a red X over it, and the tooltip says "Not Connected - No connections are available". Looking in "Network & Internet", ethernet is not even listed there. And before anyone suggests wireless interference .. this PC does not have a wireless card or integrated wireless.

winderpExpress, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Ethernet connection not showing up

I have a Dell XPS 8300. I upgraded to Windows 10 and the Ethernet connect stopped working and showing up. The wireless connection shows up and and works. However turning off the WiFi also makes the intergrity light go out on the Ethernet connection. When
    I go to "View Your Network Properties" The Ethernet connection is list and working along with the Wifi. If I go to the Device Manager and look at the network adapters the ethenet connection is reported as working correctly. The motherboard ethernat uses Broadcom
    BCM57788 chip.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks, Joe

JosephO.Marsh, Sep 11, 2018
  4. MarcoArik Win User

How to delete an ethernet connection?

Just as title says. I have some old ethernet connections in my list, and I would like to delete it to clean.

Any suggestion?

MarcoArik, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Ethernet showing but not connected. - Similar Threads - Ethernet showing connected

2. Ethernet connected but showing no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet connected but showing no internet: Ethernet wire is connected but showing no internet please help to connect internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-connected-but-showing-no-internet/b9274f08-b1d0-4266-a939-f5fa01993508
  3. Ethernet connected but showing no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet connected but showing no internet: Ethernet wire is connected but showing no internet please help to connect internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-connected-but-showing-no-internet/b9274f08-b1d0-4266-a939-f5fa01993508
  4. Ethernet showing not connected but working fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet showing not connected but working fine: Hello,as the title says my Ethernet is showing not connected but its working fine. I also cant use any Microsoft related ProgrammsMicrosoft Store, online search in Powerpoint.... I dont know what to do and i have tried everything. I also cannot access my Network Settings....
  5. Computer shows Ethernet cable not connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer shows Ethernet cable not connected: Every now and then when I turn my computer on it does not register that it has either net cable plugged in all I have to do is restart the computer again and it shows it plugged in. When I do start the computer and it shows no Internet for ether cable I cannot open Microsoft...
  6. Computer shows Ethernet cable not connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer shows Ethernet cable not connected: Every now and then when I turn my computer on it does not register that it has either net cable plugged in all I have to do is restart the computer again and it shows it plugged in. When I do start the computer and it shows no Internet for ether cable I cannot open Microsoft...
  7. network connections only showing ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network connections only showing ethernet: hi, i'm having that issue where my computer is only showing network connections to ethernet and not wi-fi. other devices in my home are able to connect to wi-fi. when i checked device manager, the wi-fi adapter was hidden and its status was not connected. i tried updating the...
  8. Ethernet adapter connection shows "no internet"

Ethernet adapter connection shows "no internet": I've been using Wi fi for my internet connection with no problem. However, after not using the ethernet connection for a long time, I just tried to use the ethernet connection and it indicates "no internet." I would like to be able to switch the connection to the wired...
  9. Windows network shows as not connected, but ethernet is connected

Windows network shows as not connected, but ethernet is connected: I can browse the internet, download files, etc. but because Windows doesn't seem to know it is connected via ethernet I can't download Windows updates. I've tried an operating reset twice and not getting anywhere, neither by uninstalling and reinstalling drivers....
  10. WiFi and Ethernet are connected but showing "No Internet"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi and Ethernet are connected but showing "No Internet": Hello, I have updated my Thinkpad E570 with Windows May 2020 update. Since that update, I am getting "No Internet" message for my WiFi and Ethernet connection though I am always connected to the internet. Because of this issue, I am unable to remote desktop my home PC. I am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ethernet shows connected when not connected