Windows 10: Ethernet showing not connected but internet still working.

Discus and support Ethernet showing not connected but internet still working. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all. Recently had a string of BSOD's on start up, but once im onton the desktop, it works fine. I decided to do a fresh install of windows while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Utter flange, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Ethernet showing not connected but internet still working.

Hi all.

Recently had a string of BSOD's on start up, but once im onton the desktop, it works fine. I decided to do a fresh install of windows while keeping my personal files. All this went smoothly, but once i was logged in, i couldn't use the update service, Microsoft store, or download xbox game pass. The thing that is most frustrating is that i can use my browser fine, and I've even managed to install Steam and some small games from it.

I've updated all the drivers for my mobo straight from MSI website, I've followed a few trouble shooting guides from various websites but nothing is working.

I've tried with wifi turned on and off, but wifi was having the same issue and the Ethernet connection showed as not connected throughout.

Please help an amateur out.

Any help would be grateful.

:)

Utter flange, Apr 4, 2021

2. Ethernet shows red X and does not appear in settings, but still works

Not sure why this is happening. I have working ethernet and am connected, it works fine. But the taskbar icon shows a red X over it, and the tooltip says "Not Connected - No connections are available". Looking in "Network & Internet", ethernet is not even listed there. And before anyone suggests wireless interference .. this PC does not have a wireless card or integrated wireless.

winderpExpress, Apr 4, 2021
  3. sgage Win User
    Ethernet shows red X and does not appear in settings, but still works

Are you using an Insider build? This is a known issue in one recent one (can't remember which one). I believe the latest preview build fixes it.

sgage, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Ethernet showing not connected but internet still working.

Internet Connection

• Community

I was not able to work on this issue yesterday ( busy for a 90 year old). This evening I was able to take the steps that were suggested in your email.

When I use “Device Manager” I click “ Network Adapters” I see “ Wifi” but not Eternet in this list. On the “Settings” I click “Wifi” which shows the “On' button.
    I click” Show available networks”. I wanted to capture the page that is shown, but it will not show. The top line is Network ( connected) but course I have the Ethernet cable connected. Also showing Is Five “ Broadband connections” At the bottom is
    “ Network and Internet settings” I hope for your continued help.

georgefrtsch, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Ethernet showing not connected but internet still working.

1. Ethernet showing not connected but internet still working. - Similar Threads - Ethernet showing connected

2. Ethernet connected but showing no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet connected but showing no internet: Ethernet wire is connected but showing no internet please help to connect internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-connected-but-showing-no-internet/b9274f08-b1d0-4266-a939-f5fa01993508
  3. Ethernet connected but showing no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet connected but showing no internet: Ethernet wire is connected but showing no internet please help to connect internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-connected-but-showing-no-internet/b9274f08-b1d0-4266-a939-f5fa01993508
  4. Ethernet not working and shows as no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet not working and shows as no internet: Hello!Over the past 2 or so years, the Ethernet on my pc has not been working. The actual Ethernet shows up, but shows as “No internet”. I have tried every single thing online disabling and re-enabling, flushing DNS, resetting network, etc. I have concluded that it is not the...
  5. Ethernet not working and shows as no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet not working and shows as no internet: Hello!Over the past 2 or so years, the Ethernet on my pc has not been working. The actual Ethernet shows up, but shows as “No internet”. I have tried every single thing online disabling and re-enabling, flushing DNS, resetting network, etc. I have concluded that it is not the...
  6. Ethernet not working and shows as no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Ethernet adapter connection shows "no internet"

Ethernet adapter connection shows "no internet": I've been using Wi fi for my internet connection with no problem. However, after not using the ethernet connection for a long time, I just tried to use the ethernet connection and it indicates "no internet." I would like to be able to switch the connection to the wired...
  8. Ethernet no internet but internet still works

Ethernet no internet but internet still works: everywhere in settings it shows that there is no internet, but I still can use google, youtube, discord ect. but also when open something else it shows "no internet" tried restarting router, changing cable, uninstalling and updating drivers it seems that nothing works....
  9. Ethernet shows connected but not connecting to internet, WI-FI working fine.

Ethernet shows connected but not connecting to internet, WI-FI working fine.: Hello!! Until today morning I have been able to get on the internet using a Ethernet cable. But suddenly now I cannot connect using a cable no matter how many times I use a different cable. However I'm still able to connect by using Wi-Fi, but when I plug in my Ethernet...
  10. WiFi and Ethernet are connected but showing "No Internet"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi and Ethernet are connected but showing "No Internet": Hello, I have updated my Thinkpad E570 with Windows May 2020 update. Since that update, I am getting "No Internet" message for my WiFi and Ethernet connection though I am always connected to the internet. Because of this issue, I am unable to remote desktop my home PC. I am...