Windows 10: Ethernet shows connected but not connecting to internet, WI-FI working fine.

Discus and support Ethernet shows connected but not connecting to internet, WI-FI working fine. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello!! Until today morning I have been able to get on the internet using a Ethernet cable. But suddenly now I cannot connect using a cable no matter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SyedAqeeb, Jul 19, 2020.

1. SyedAqeeb Win User

Ethernet shows connected but not connecting to internet, WI-FI working fine.

Hello!!

Until today morning I have been able to get on the internet using a Ethernet cable.

But suddenly now I cannot connect using a cable no matter how many times I use a different cable.

However I'm still able to connect by using Wi-Fi, but when I plug in my Ethernet cord or others ethernet coed it doesn't work. Just shows connected.

Tried - Ipconfig/renew and other stuff, but still not able to solve.

Is it due to recent update of July 14, 2020—KB4565503 OS Build 19041.388 and other updates.

:)

SyedAqeeb, Jul 19, 2020
  2. Amadeus51 Win User

No wi-fi connection

I found the restore points and went back to last month, when the Wi-Fi was still working. I reconnected the router. The control panel says the connection is secure and connected when I tried to get online via wireless rather than DSL, but the icon on the bottom is still the DSL one. Do I have to disconnect the DSL cable in order to use the Wi-Fi or does it matter? The control panel lists both internet connections.

Amadeus51, Jul 19, 2020
  3. lasot Win User
    How to indicate wi-fi connection on taskbar/desktop with ethernet on

Using 'Select which icons appear...' I'm only able to toggle this one network icon. And it switches from wired to wireless, depending on whether the ethernet cable is plugged in.

Of course, the info is there, I just got used to not having to click on the icon. I always just looked at the corner of the screen every few minutes to make sure the wi-fi was still connected and ready in case my wired connection failed.

It's just strange for me that in the same scenario (ethernet connection + wi-fi active), Windows 7 would show the wireless icon (and it wasn't possible to change it either AFAIK), and Windows 10 shows the other one *sarc

Oh well, it's not the end of the world if it's impossible to change it, but any other suggestions on how to display the wi-fi state on the taskbar (or desktop) are still welcome.

lasot, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Axam Xhah Win User

Cannot connect to the internet through Ethernet, Wi Fi shows No Internet

I received an update on 4/1/2017 and since then had not been able to connect to the internet through ethernet cables. It can be connected via wi fi but even then it shows 'No Internet'. I thought I have problems with my router at home but the same problems
    occurs at the office.

Axam Xhah, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Ethernet shows connected but not connecting to internet, WI-FI working fine. - Similar Threads - Ethernet shows connected

2. Wi-fi is connected but there is no internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi is connected but there is no internet.: My PC is connected to my wi-fi and it shows that I have internet but whenever i go to a browser or another app it shows that no internet connection. But I can use my wi-fi on other devices....
  3. Ethernet showing not connected but working fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet showing not connected but working fine: Hello,as the title says my Ethernet is showing not connected but its working fine. I also cant use any Microsoft related ProgrammsMicrosoft Store, online search in Powerpoint.... I dont know what to do and i have tried everything. I also cannot access my Network Settings....
  4. Ethernet showing not connected but working fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet showing not connected but working fine: Hello,as the title says my Ethernet is showing not connected but its working fine. I also cant use any Microsoft related ProgrammsMicrosoft Store, online search in Powerpoint.... I dont know what to do and i have tried everything. I also cannot access my Network Settings....
  5. Ethernet showing not connected but working fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Internet connection via Ethernet but not Wi-Fi?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet connection via Ethernet but not Wi-Fi?: So currently I'm having trouble connecting my Windows 10 Asus laptop through Wi-Fi even though my cellphone and any other device around my house has connection. Of course I'm trying to connect with the Ethernet cable disconnected. Wi-Fi used to work perfectly. Here are some...
  7. Ethernet connected but not Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet connected but not Wi-Fi: Hi there I have an Ethernet cable attached to my PC but also want the Wi-Fi connected too as a back etc. but every time I Connect to Wi-Fi it says unable to connect to network. Now the Ethernet is connected no problem and my wife's computer is connected to Wi-Fi no issues,...
  8. Connecting to the Internet by Wi-Fi rather than ethernet

Connecting to the Internet by Wi-Fi rather than ethernet: Recently had a new modem and internet upgrade - under the previous arrangement my computer was connected by ethernet cable. Under the new arrangement I need to connect by wi-fi as the Ethernet is no longer available. Under settings on my computer windows 10 and HP Elitedesk...
  9. Connected, No Internet Access - Regardless of Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection

Connected, No Internet Access - Regardless of Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection: We've had at least 5 laptops of varying model types running Windows 10 Pro 1903 experience an issue with network connectivity. This seems to be regardless of Wi-Fi or Ethernet network connection. In the case of a Wi-Fi connection, the taskbar icon displays 'Connected, No...
  10. Wi-fi showing as not connected but internet working in browsers

Wi-fi showing as not connected but internet working in browsers: Hi, I am using windows 10 on HP Notebook. The wi-fi is showing as not connected but I am able to browse in google chrome or any other browser for that matter. However windows updates, HP drivers update using HP Support Assistant etc are not working as they are showing as no...