Windows 10: Ethernet shows unidentified network, but internet works.

Discus and support Ethernet shows unidentified network, but internet works. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Strange issue that just started today. My Ethernet adapter shows unidentified network and none of my apps have internet access, however my web browsers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by two250, Feb 17, 2016.

1. two250 Win User

Ethernet shows unidentified network, but internet works.

Strange issue that just started today. My Ethernet adapter shows unidentified network and none of my apps have internet access, however my web browsers work just fine. I am even making this post from the adapter that supposedly has no access. I have been searching around for a solution, but no problem seems similar to mine. Check out the screenshot below. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ethernet shows unidentified network, but internet works. [​IMG]

:)

two250, Feb 17, 2016

2. No Network Access on Ethernet after recent Anniversary Update

My Wifi works fine, but when I connect an Ethernet cable and try to run internet connection through it, the Ethernet says "Unidentified Network/ No Network Access". This only became an issue after the Anniversary Update. How do I get Internet access for
    Ethernet back?

JohnSpencer_678, Feb 17, 2016
  3. ethernet plugged in but not working

i tried Method 1 but it seems it did not detect that an ethernet cable was plugged in.

I troubleshooted many times and occasionally it stated no hardware was detected.

Side note, when i have my wifi on and i go to network and sharing it shows ethernet exists, but its under unidentified network and when i check properties, it shows that ipv4 has internet while ipv6 has no internet but, i can't connect via ethernet regardless.

hav0ksreign, Feb 17, 2016
  4. two250 Win User

Solved it by running these commands in admin CMD:

• netsh winsock reset catalog
    • netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
    • netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Then did a reboot.

two250, Feb 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Ethernet shows unidentified network, but internet works. - Similar Threads - Ethernet shows unidentified

2. Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet: Hi, I recently turned on my pc after coming back from university and found there was no internet when there had been even that morning. I have tried diagnosing the issue and get the error "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". To fix this I've tried resetting and...
  3. Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet: Hi, I recently turned on my pc after coming back from university and found there was no internet when there had been even that morning. I have tried diagnosing the issue and get the error "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". To fix this I've tried resetting and...
  4. Ethernet no internet and unidentified network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet no internet and unidentified network: My brother was trying to pull out a plug for a charger, but accidentally pulled out my computers power cord while I was using it. Since then, even after restart, the internet won’t work and when I go on Ethernet settings it says unidentified network and no internet. How could...
  5. Ethernet no internet and unidentified network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet no internet and unidentified network: My brother was trying to pull out a plug for a charger, but accidentally pulled out my computers power cord while I was using it. Since then, even after restart, the internet won’t work and when I go on Ethernet settings it says unidentified network and no internet. How could...
  6. Ethernet showing unidentified network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet showing unidentified network: Ethernet Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration in Windows 10 it shows this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-showing-unidentified-network/ad92be0d-8929-4d81-a4d7-5511b41a1c47
  7. Ethernet showing unidentified network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet showing unidentified network: Ethernet Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration in Windows 10 it shows this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-showing-unidentified-network/ad92be0d-8929-4d81-a4d7-5511b41a1c47
  8. Ethernet showing unidentified network

9. Wired ethernet connection shows as "unidentified network, no internet" but wireless works?

Wired ethernet connection shows as "unidentified network, no internet" but wireless works?: So I got a new gaming pc since I had it I have been using a wireless connection but now I am trying to connect with the ethernet cable and it shows up as an unidentified network but its the same as the wireless one so not sure why it says that it also never connects its say...
  10. Ethernet settings, Unidentified network, no Internet

Ethernet settings, Unidentified network, no Internet: Changed some network names and SSID settings to a router. Had 4 PC's downstairs coming off of a switch box. Each fed into an ethernet adaptor. Worked fine. Now the ethernet setting shows Unidentified Network, and speeds are like wifi speeds. Not obvious whats up....