Windows 10: Ethernet shows wrong router name

Discus and support Ethernet shows wrong router name in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I connect to ethernet it shows my school wifi name instead of my home wifi. It is connected to my home wifi but it just shows the wrong name.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TigerFace3, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Ethernet shows wrong router name

When I connect to ethernet it shows my school wifi name instead of my home wifi. It is connected to my home wifi but it just shows the wrong name.

:)

TigerFace3, Nov 29, 2019
  2. FECH Win User

Ethernet Connection, Modem Router Name

I have Windows 10 computers. Upon connecting wired Ethernet I noticed that it is showing OLD modem name. Upon connecting wirelessly (WiFi) I noticed that it is showing CURRENT modem name. My question is: How do I get my computers to show the current name
    whether it be Ethernet or WiFi? So strange, I have looked everywhere I know to look. Even asked my internet provider and also Windows tech. Would appreciate any steps walking through Windows 10 Creators Update Version 1703. Is something in error that is
    prohibiting me from being able to access. Network Discovery is on. Private Network is showing. Thanks in advance.

3. 'Mike P Win User
    Network Name from Router is Wrong Sometimes

I dont know, I'm not familiar with those Linksys setting pages. If I steer you wrong from here, I can't see things to fix it.

What I do quickly see ;

It is showing Ethernet active on the WAN port.

Router normally would be cabled to one of the wifi access points LAN ports.

What is plugged into the WAN port? Where does it go?

Its showing DHCP enabled on the LAN on the second image with a range setting

You want to get DHCP only from the Verizon router.

'Mike P, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Ethernet shows wrong router name

Ethernet Connection not the correct name!

I have an ethernet connection on my computer that is suppose to show my router name as if i was using wifi. (For example, If my wifi name was "Joe's Network" and if I connected via ethernet it would show that name) But instead it shows "Network" as the name!
    It's giving me serious troubles for Nvidia Shield tablets to recognise my computer is on the same wifi. Can someone help me know what's happening and if there is a fix?

This Photo is showing the issue. It is showing the name is "Network" instead of the real connection name.

Ethernet shows wrong router name 3f993af0-8f73-4a0e-b400-828f970b60df.png

Jovani Trejo, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Ethernet shows wrong router name

1. Ethernet shows wrong router name - Similar Threads - Ethernet shows wrong

2. Windows 10 Notifications showing wrong names

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Notifications showing wrong names: Hi everyone,I discovered a few days ago that almost all non-windows application's notification use either a name taken directly from the registry or use the real process name.Here's an example of notification for which some registry values are shown:And here's another example...
  3. Domain Name not showing on Ethernet adaptor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Domain Name not showing on Ethernet adaptor: Hi All, Here's the topology. End user is authenticated via clearpass and routed through Checkpoint which performs L3 Routing and DHCP replay. AD is configured with DNS name "abc.com.sg" and DNS Server ip 5.5.5.5.When user gets authenticated, and connected to Lan, the ethernet...
  4. Router Ethernet Port problem.

Router Ethernet Port problem.: I have just been supplied with a new router by my fibre optic supplier. The router has 4 Ethernet ports and I have my PC connected to one of them. I also have a set top box for my streaming TV signal, this is connected by cable to another of the Ethernet ports. The PC...
  5. my wifi router name is not showing is it is the problem of my router ?

my wifi router name is not showing is it is the problem of my router ?: After updating my pc it's not showing me the name of my router it is showing all the wifi networks name at my house but it's not showing the name of router . is this the problem of my router because i have already done all the setting that was given by Microsoft .pls pls...
  6. Ethernet Connection Display Name not showing

Ethernet Connection Display Name not showing: When I hover on the network icon in my notification area, I get the message "POOVENDHAN Internet access" but when I click on the network icon it is showing "Local Area Connection 2 No Internet", why my Ethernet name "POOVENDHAN" not getting displayed in the list even though...
  7. HUAWEI router Ethernet not working

HUAWEI router Ethernet not working: How are you doing? i have a small LTE router from HUAWEI, i have provided it to ISP and registered with new Public IP address.... Now when i connect wifi to my pc or phone it works, but when i connect ethernet cable to the PC or NVR(cctv camera) wifi do not work and...
  8. Hide router name.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hide router name.: How do I stop the router from broadcasting it name? I don't want it to be visible to others. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/hide-router-name/350d169f-9a21-44bc-aa83-c3e0a1684a9e"
  9. router name

router name: How do I change the name and password of my router? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/router-name/345f4235-37ec-4b7f-bce3-745754a801d8
  10. ethernet adapter and router

ethernet adapter and router: I have Windows 10 on my desktop and my wife has a chromebook. I have bridged my ISP's gateway and used my own router before but it its old. First would you recommend my own router rather than the ISP gateway router I am using now? Secondly, to ensure security if the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. router name wrong