Windows 10: Ethernet Slow on Win10

Discus and support Ethernet Slow on Win10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just to get 300-500 Megabit/second download on Windows, recently I've been getting around 10-40 Megabit/second. I just booted up my Linux... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ironman0412, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Ethernet Slow on Win10

I just to get 300-500 Megabit/second download on Windows, recently I've been getting around 10-40 Megabit/second. I just booted up my Linux installation and ran a speed test and got 300 on there, rebooted into windows, and got 40 again. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

submitted by /u/Ironman0412
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ironman0412, Oct 12, 2020
  2. Magnus09 Win User

Ethernet Connection (slow internet after upgrading to win10)

I recently upgraded to windows 10 from 7. Both wifi/ethernet connection is functional except the speed has dropped to a crawl. I have tried all the "fixes" suggested but haven't been able to find a fix (including updating drivers using various methods).
    My current status is:

Wifi: Still half the speed of what I was getting when using win7 pro.

Ethernet: Extremely slow connection after boot or coming out of sleep mode. But once I disable and re-enable, the speed is faster than it's ever been.

I have:

Dell Inspiron 3847

Ethernet: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Possible "fixes" I can think of at this point is:

Revert back to win7

Buy new ethernet card

Seems like many are having similar issues but not quite the same as I'm having. My connection always there but slow at start. But I always have to disable/re-enable for it to work properly. Any suggestion/advice would be really appreciate it.

Magnus09, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Magnus09 Win User
    Ethernet Connection (slow internet after upgrading to win10)

Hi,

Thanks for the response. The suggestions you provided are also some of the "fixes" I tried before with no luck. But I did try them again and it still did not resolve my issue.

For the troubleshooting, nothing came up because there IS connection. Just extremely slow. There's no errors or any msg that pops up. The problem is that the internet connection is extremely slow at initial start or after the PC comes out from sleep mode.
    Once I disable/re-enable the ethernet connection, speed is great.

If you have any other suggestion, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Magnus09, Oct 12, 2020
  4. rez001 Win User

Ethernet Slow on Win10

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Ethernet Slow on Win10 [​IMG]

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Ethernet Slow on Win10

1. Ethernet Slow on Win10 - Similar Threads - Ethernet Slow Win10

2. slow ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slow ethernet connection: Hello, recently I kept downloading games but then I realized that my ethernet connection is slow, 500 kbps :scream: I tried changing my DNS, checking for any updates, clearing my cache via command prompt, and many more. I tried plugging in the ethernet cable into my laptop,...
  3. slow ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    slow ethernet connection: Hello, recently I kept downloading games but then I realized that my ethernet connection is slow, 500 kbps :scream: I tried changing my DNS, checking for any updates, clearing my cache via command prompt, and many more. I tried plugging in the ethernet cable into my laptop,...
  4. Having slow ethernet with my ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having slow ethernet with my ethernet: Hello so i am experiencing slow internet connection through ethernet 100 bytes. But when i test my internet in testmy.net it somehow increase my connection to around 4 - 10 mbps but when the test result finished it gradually decrease untill it is only around 100 bytes, this...
  5. Having slow ethernet with my ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having slow ethernet with my ethernet: Hello so i am experiencing slow internet connection through ethernet 100 bytes. But when i test my internet in testmy.net it somehow increase my connection to around 4 - 10 mbps but when the test result finished it gradually decrease untill it is only around 100 bytes, this...
  6. Ethernet Slow

Ethernet Slow: I just recently finished my pc and I use ethernet and today and yesterday my Wi-Fi was way slower then usual. I get around 450 Mbps back then now I only get 166 Mbps I never messed around with any of the settings and did install drivers so I don't know what to do help!...
  7. Slow Ethernet Speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Ethernet Speed: My computer is getting slower internet speeds on the same network as other computers. When running a speed test on my laptop on speedtest.net it shows download speeds of 500+ Mbps on the ethernet cable. Now taking that same ethernet cable and plugging it into my desktop I am...
  8. Ethernet Suddenly Slow?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet Suddenly Slow?: Hi, I was installing my new SSD and I completely wiped my hard drive to start fresh and make it easier to install Windows on my SSD. Along the way, I unplugged everything from my PC to put in the new part. After I installed the SSD everything worked fine (it still is), but I...
  9. Ethernet realtek is slow....

Ethernet realtek is slow....: i have a problem my ethernet lan RTL8111H is a gigabit lan controller i have the gigabit but is very slow... i have 400mbps in download and 58,57mbps in upload... how can i fix it? i am running windows 10 pro 64bit Thanks 131751
  10. Ethernet slow

Ethernet slow: Hi guys, having very slow download speeds through powerline adapter. I get about 16.20 down 7.70 up ping 35.75, this is on my desktop pc, if I connect my laptop to the same powerline adapter, i get about 32.70 download etc. I have tried the tcp optimiser with no success. Any...