Windows 10: Ethernet slower than usual

Discus and support Ethernet slower than usual in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently, I moved my PC to another area and now the ethernet went from 120 mpbs download speed to 30. The router and everything is right next to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 5Coronas, Mar 18, 2020.

1. 5Coronas Win User

Ethernet slower than usual

Recently, I moved my PC to another area and now the ethernet went from 120 mpbs download speed to 30. The router and everything is right next to the PC, but yet the ethernet speed was cut in four. What happened and how do I fix it?

:)

5Coronas, Mar 18, 2020

2. slower than usual

hey guys yesterday i turned off superfetch because i thought itll make my gaming more smoother, though now its slower than usual, i turned it on again but i still need help just in case, if you need stuff like system logs or ect please dont hesitate to
    ask

ItzDemasIlham, Mar 18, 2020
  3. HP Desktop is a lot slower than usual...

My HP Desktop has been a lot slower than it usually is. I don't know if it has to do with the latest update or patches or what it is. But when I first wake it up and enter my password to unlock it, it's slow clicking on the lock screen to enter the PIN code. Once I am in, the Start Menu freezes up or hangs. Then, it's okay after that.

Any suggestions?

-Jesse

Jesse Williams, Mar 18, 2020
  4. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Ethernet slower than usual install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Ethernet slower than usual pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Ethernet slower than usual select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Ethernet slower than usual Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Ethernet slower than usual - Similar Threads - Ethernet slower usual

2. Internet becoming slower and slower than usual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet becoming slower and slower than usual: I notice it recently but my download and upload sleep was dropping. I notice it by playing my game and I keep lagging. I check always my adapter and network but ther seems no problem. Is there any options to check what causes this?...
  3. Internet becoming slower and slower than usual

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet becoming slower and slower than usual: I notice it recently but my download and upload sleep was dropping. I notice it by playing my game and I keep lagging. I check always my adapter and network but ther seems no problem. Is there any options to check what causes this?...
  4. Internet becoming slower and slower than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. internet becoming slower and slower than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet becoming slower and slower than usual: I don't know what may cause the prboelm but I notice that my download and upload speed is deopping I noticed it when I'm playing my game, however I don't know what might be the reason behind it, I always do troubleshootimg in network adapter but recently it's not working...
  6. internet becoming slower and slower than usual

internet becoming slower and slower than usual: I don't know what may cause the prboelm but I notice that my download and upload speed is deopping I noticed it when I'm playing my game, however I don't know what might be the reason behind it, I always do troubleshootimg in network adapter but recently it's not working...
  7. internet becoming slower and slower than usual

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Internet slower than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet slower than usual: I have been facing network issues since the morning. While playing Minecraft, I'm facing a lot of lags that did not happen in the past. Confused, I ran windows network diagnostics, but it couldn't identify the problem. Then I tried troubleshooting the network adapter, didn't...
  9. Internet slower than usual

Internet slower than usual: I have been facing network issues since the morning. While playing Minecraft, I'm facing a lot of lags that did not happen in the past. Confused, I ran windows network diagnostics, but it couldn't identify the problem. Then I tried troubleshooting the network adapter, didn't...
  10. Firefox browser slower than usual...

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox browser slower than usual...: I seem to have firefox browser version # 86.0.1 opening up slower than usual. The only difference that has been on my computer is the firefox updates that have changed. I use Windows 10 pro 64Bit version 20H2. I noticed this on 2 computers running the same operating system...