Windows 10: Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps

Discus and support Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Legion T5 28IMB05, and my Ethernet connection is capped at 100 Mbps.Things I have already tried and didn't work:Switch to another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Adrián Carreño, Dec 28, 2021.

1. Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps

I have a Lenovo Legion T5 28IMB05, and my Ethernet connection is capped at 100 Mbps.Things I have already tried and didn't work:Switch to another cable. Originally, I had a CAT5e and as my speed was capped, I bought a CAT6. It didn't help though I'm still using itForce the driver to use 1000 Mbps full duplexTry my cable and router with another PC. It worksTry to boot from a live USB running Ubuntu 21.10. It also didn't reach full speedThe funny thing is that if a plug a USB Ethernet adapter TP-link UE330, it reaches gigabit speeds with that cable and router; and then if I reconnect the cab

:)

Adrián Carreño, Dec 28, 2021

2. Windows 10 Upload speed capped at 100 Mbps

Hi,

For some reason my upload speed is capped at 100 Mbps, it should reach 250 Mbps. I tried restarting in Safe Mode with network, and the speed was as it should be, but in normal mode it isn't. What else can I do?

What I tried:

1. Uninstall all network drives, and reinstall them;

2. "netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal"

3. "ipconfig /release" + "ipconfig /renew"

4. "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt"

5. "netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled" now it is set back to normal

Valentin-Ionut Stanciu, Dec 28, 2021
  3. cannot exceed 100 mbps

6/22/2020

I subscribe to Spectrum for their ultra fast internet. Their tech came to my house and said that he measured a speed of 400 plus mbps at the modem. He said the refurbished router (that Spectrum also provided) may not be performing
    to max and that I should purchase a new router (just to be sure). I did. It did not however change my receiving/sending speeds when using Spectrum's suggested speed test site. I then called Spectrum back and they said my PCI adapter, even though connected
    from the router via an ethernet cable to my desktop's PCI card's adapter directly, still was limited to 100/100 mbps. (Also, my laptop tested at the same exact speed of 94 mbps via wi-fi!) They said the slow internet speeds were due to my computers not
    being able to receive or send the faster internet speeds. So, I asked my friend who suggested that I ask Microsoft if there is a way to increase the speed, apparently limited by my Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (on my Desktop). My tech friend said that
    the PCI card mentioned could handle up to 1GB speeds. So, how do I increase the PCI network adapter's speed to accept the 400 mbps speeds. Or is that even verifiable, since my laptops network adapter's speed was limited to 144 mbps and also only received/sent
    94 mbps?

My internet speeds seem to be adequate for my computer use. It's just that I cannot verify that I am getting any of the speeds they say they guarantee. I was hoping that an increase in internet speed would help my television's (ethernet cabled) receiving
    speeds.

So, in sum: 1) Can I change the limits on either of my computers' network adapters? and,

2) How can I measure and verify that Spectrum is really sending me the faster internet speeds they guarantee?

Steve

StevenSippel, Dec 28, 2021
  4. Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps

HP ProOne 400 G1 AiO E8X86AV Ethernet speed capped issue

Product Name:

HP ProOne 400 G1 AiO

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version: 17763.316

After the last Windows update (Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809) was installed, this unit's Ethernet connection has become software capped at 10 Mbps. Viewing the configuration at Settings/Network and Internet/Change Adapter Options/[right-click]Ethernet/Status/
    - in the "General" tab @ "Speed" the adapter is set at 10 Mbps. This was not the case before the update.

I've installed the latest OEM drivers from the manufacturer's website for both the chipset as well as the onboard Ethernet (Realtek PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Family) controller.

sycomputing, Dec 28, 2021
Thema:

Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps

1. Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps - Similar Threads - Ethernet speed capped

2. Internet Connection Capped at 100/100 Mbps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Connection Capped at 100/100 Mbps: Hi there,I have tried almost everything and I am kind of desperate about this, I will tell you first my configurations, then what my problem is exactly and finally I will tell what have I done to try to solve it.Long story short, I contracted a fiber connection up to 400Mbps...
  3. Internet Connection Capped at 100/100 Mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connection Capped at 100/100 Mbps: Hi there,I have tried almost everything and I am kind of desperate about this, I will tell you first my configurations, then what my problem is exactly and finally I will tell what have I done to try to solve it.Long story short, I contracted a fiber connection up to 400Mbps...
  4. Ethernet Link Speed at 10 Mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Link Speed at 10 Mbps: Hello, I have been having some slow ethernet. I went through the settings and in the properties for mt connection it says the link speed transmit/receive is at 10/10 Mbps. When I try wifi its capped at 520 Mbps but its very unstable most of the time, so I want to use...
  5. Ethernet Link Speed at 10 Mbps

Ethernet Link Speed at 10 Mbps: Hello, I have been having some slow ethernet. I went through the settings and in the properties for mt connection it says the link speed transmit/receive is at 10/10 Mbps. When I try wifi its capped at 520 Mbps but its very unstable most of the time, so I want to use...
  6. KB5013889 update prevents ethernet speeds above 100 Mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5013889 update prevents ethernet speeds above 100 Mbps: Installation of "June 14, 2022-KB5013889 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 11" prevents ethernet port speeds above 100 Mbps. Even after attempting driver reinstallation. Uninstalling KB allows full 1Gbps communication.Driver effected:ProviderRealtek...
  7. KB5013889 update prevents ethernet speeds above 100 Mbps

KB5013889 update prevents ethernet speeds above 100 Mbps: Installation of "June 14, 2022-KB5013889 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 11" prevents ethernet port speeds above 100 Mbps. Even after attempting driver reinstallation. Uninstalling KB allows full 1Gbps communication.Driver effected:ProviderRealtek...
  8. Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps: I have a Lenovo Legion T5 28IMB05, and my Ethernet connection is capped at 100 Mbps.Things I have already tried and didn't work:Switch to another cable. Originally, I had a CAT5e and as my speed was capped, I bought a CAT6. It didn't help though I'm still using itForce the...
  9. Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps

Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps: I have a Lenovo Legion T5 28IMB05, and my Ethernet connection is capped at 100 Mbps.Things I have already tried and didn't work:Switch to another cable. Originally, I had a CAT5e and as my speed was capped, I bought a CAT6. It didn't help though I'm still using itForce the...
  10. Windows 10 Upload speed capped at 100 Mbps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Upload speed capped at 100 Mbps: Hi, For some reason my upload speed is capped at 100 Mbps, it should reach 250 Mbps. I tried restarting in Safe Mode with network, and the speed was as it should be, but in normal mode it isn't. What else can I do? What I tried: 1. Uninstall all network drives, and...