Windows 10: Ethernet speed capped at 10mbps

Discus and support Ethernet speed capped at 10mbps in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Running windows 11 pro. I pay for a 150 download and 40 upload wifi, i have cat 5 running through the house and from the same port and same cable i get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CoreyHurley, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Ethernet speed capped at 10mbps

Running windows 11 pro. I pay for a 150 download and 40 upload wifi, i have cat 5 running through the house and from the same port and same cable i get 140mbps on my xbox series x. However, on my pc its showing in the control panel that its running at 10mbps as if its capped. I've tried all the speed & duplex options and none seem to work. I've turned off all power saving options also and still no change. I know it is not the port as i double checked my taking my system straight to the router and it was giving the full 150.Edit: Once changing the settings i have been restarting inbetween t

:)

CoreyHurley, Jan 25, 2023

2. Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps

Hi everyone,

I need to figure out why my speed is limited to 10mbps when using ethernet. I have Spectrum internet with a router. I don't have the top speed available, but it should be going faster than this. When I run a speed test while using ethernet, it seems to be capped at 10mbps. If I run the same test on wifi, the speed is much faster, but I need the stability of ethernet. I have a gigabit ethernet controller. My desktop and a hard drive are the only devices connected via ethernet, my phone and roku use wifi. Can you help me figure out what is going on here?

Ethernet speed capped at 10mbps d7d1ad3c-00fc-4c8d-8eb2-7301a2b08c35?upload=true.png

Veronica Burke1, Jan 25, 2023
  3. Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps

I have up to 30 mbps with Spectrum, and I get that on the wifi, but the ethernet seems to be capped at 10 mbps. I realize I can't expect lightning fast downloads on my plan, but I just can't figure out why the desktop is capped at 10 when using ethernet. I've run the same speed test on my desktop and my phone. The upload speed tests about the same, but the download speed is quite different between the 2 devices. I've checked all 4 ports on the router. Is there any reason why I'm getting better speed on wifi than ethernet? Drivers maybe? I don't want to exchange my router, only to find out it's not the problem.

Veronica Burke1, Jan 25, 2023
  4. Ethernet speed capped at 10mbps

Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps

I have a Lenovo Legion T5 28IMB05, and my Ethernet connection is capped at 100 Mbps.

Things I have already tried and didn't work:

• Switch to another cable. Originally, I had a CAT5e and as my speed was capped, I bought a CAT6. It didn't help (though I'm still using it)
    • Force the driver to use 1000 Mbps full duplex
    • Try my cable and router with another PC. It works
    • Try to boot from a live USB running Ubuntu 21.10. It also didn't reach full speed
    The funny thing is that if a plug a USB Ethernet adapter (TP-link UE330), it reaches gigabit speeds with that cable and router; and then if I reconnect the cable to the Ethernet port on my PC, IT WORKS at gigabit speeds for as long as I have the PC turned on. When I restart, it goes back to 100 Mbps.

As of course, I prefer not to have to depend on a USB dongle to reach full speed on my network, what can I do?

Adrián Carreño, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

Ethernet speed capped at 10mbps

1. Ethernet speed capped at 10mbps - Similar Threads - Ethernet speed capped

2. Internet speed capped at 10mbps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet speed capped at 10mbps: Before continuing, I warn you that my English is not the best. so i have a plan of internet of 1000mbps, i have an ethernet cable cat 8 of 50 meters, it only works at 70mbps - 100 i have no idea why and currently its working at 10mbps and i have no idea how to fix this, i...
  3. Internet speed capped at 10mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet speed capped at 10mbps: Before continuing, I warn you that my English is not the best. so i have a plan of internet of 1000mbps, i have an ethernet cable cat 8 of 50 meters, it only works at 70mbps - 100 i have no idea why and currently its working at 10mbps and i have no idea how to fix this, i...
  4. Internet speed capped at 10mbps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps: Hi, I have an issue with limited speed of Ethernet connection.My setup:1. Modem in the basement2. Router on the first floor3. PC with MSI PRO Z-690-A motherboard 3. LAN Cable category: CAT 5EMy speed checked via speedtest should be ~ 1Gbps / 500 Mbps, but when I connect my PC...
  6. Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps

Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps: Hi, I have an issue with limited speed of Ethernet connection.My setup:1. Modem in the basement2. Router on the first floor3. PC with MSI PRO Z-690-A motherboard 3. LAN Cable category: CAT 5EMy speed checked via speedtest should be ~ 1Gbps / 500 Mbps, but when I connect my PC...
  7. Ethernet speed capped at 10mbps

Ethernet speed capped at 10mbps: Running windows 11 pro. I pay for a 150 download and 40 upload wifi, i have cat 5 running through the house and from the same port and same cable i get 140mbps on my xbox series x. However, on my pc its showing in the control panel that its running at 10mbps as if its capped....
  8. Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps

Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps: Hi everyone,I need to figure out why my speed is limited to 10mbps when using ethernet. I have Spectrum internet with a router. I don't have the top speed available, but it should be going faster than this. When I run a speed test while using ethernet, it seems to be capped...
  9. Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps: Hi everyone,I need to figure out why my speed is limited to 10mbps when using ethernet. I have Spectrum internet with a router. I don't have the top speed available, but it should be going faster than this. When I run a speed test while using ethernet, it seems to be capped...
  10. Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps