Windows 10: ethernet speed of 100 Mpbs instead of 1000 Mpbs

Discus and support ethernet speed of 100 Mpbs instead of 1000 Mpbs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Precision Laptop 7530 series, having issue on the ethernet speed. i have all the Hardware done correctly, so no question ask on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by allenlai4, Jun 13, 2020.

1. allenlai4 Win User

ethernet speed of 100 Mpbs instead of 1000 Mpbs

Hi,

I have a Precision Laptop 7530 series, having issue on the ethernet speed. i have all the Hardware done correctly, so no question ask on hardware please.

in fact, i highly suspect is the Windows setting that causing this, as when i first plug in my ehternet cable , i can get 800Mpbs. but after less than half an hour, it back to 96 Mbps,

i saw many posted about the same issue here, but can not find a solution . please help

Thanks

Allen

:)

allenlai4, Jun 13, 2020

2. I have windows 10 and i have 150 mpbs speed but my computer is getting 50 MBPS

I have windows 10 and i have 150 mpbs speed but my computer is getting 50 MBPS, My son has a windows 10 laptop but is getting up to 140 MBPS.

How do i increase my speed on my computer?

We have done resets, tried programs, external wifi adapters and nothing works so we think its a problem with windows settings

DabirAhmed, Jun 13, 2020
  3. 5Coronas Win User
    Ethernet slower than usual

Recently, I moved my PC to another area and now the ethernet went from 120 mpbs download speed to 30. The router and everything is right next to the PC, but yet the ethernet speed was cut in four. What happened and how do I fix it?

5Coronas, Jun 13, 2020
  4. ethernet speed of 100 Mpbs instead of 1000 Mpbs

Internet Speed Question / Request for Opinions

I'll try to keep this brief and fairly concise (contrary to most everything else I post!)...

I just changed "real" jobs and am now working from home. My new employer requires a Broadband downstream minimum of 10 mbps and minimum upstream of the same--10 mbps.

My service was DSL through the local telco and with a bridged connection I was subscribed to service of 20 mbps downstream, and 1.5 mpbs upstream. Real world testing (Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test) averaged 17 down and 1.3 up. Because the telco DSL in my area didn't offer anything any faster (up or down) I called the cable company and signed up for their Level 2 service, which advertises (tiny print) up to (huge print) 100 mpbs downstream and (tiny print) up to (huge print) 20 mpbs upstream.

Now, I understand all (or at least most) of the ins and outs when it comes to DSL vs. Cable Broadband (which is why I had been with DSL) and I also understand the whole, "Speeds up to xxxx tricks and am all too familiar with the tiniest of print disclaimers that say something along the lines of "*Advertised speeds are MAXIMUM Capacity...Actual connection speeds may vary. Yes, we basically lie, you signed up anyway, so we win! " (Okay, maybe I made that last part up!)

BUT..where should the general consumer (i.e., ME) draw the line and begin to complain about the service being delivered? In your opinion, answer the following (please)
    1. If advertised "Speeds up to 100 mpbs downstream and 20 mbps upstream," what would you expect/demand to be your MINIMUM connection speed?
    2. What would you expect realistically to be your AVERAGE connection speeds?
    3. What speed do you subscribe to , what do you get and are you DSL or Cable? (Sub-100mpbs Get 80mpbs - DSL)
    4. ​MY NEW CABLE CONNECTION, ADVERTISED AS UP TO 100↑ and 10↓ My current averages are, however, 39↑ and 9.71↓.... should I complain?

SmartGuyDumbPC, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

ethernet speed of 100 Mpbs instead of 1000 Mpbs

1. ethernet speed of 100 Mpbs instead of 1000 Mpbs - Similar Threads - ethernet speed 100

2. KB5013889 update prevents ethernet speeds above 100 Mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5013889 update prevents ethernet speeds above 100 Mbps: Installation of "June 14, 2022-KB5013889 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 11" prevents ethernet port speeds above 100 Mbps. Even after attempting driver reinstallation. Uninstalling KB allows full 1Gbps communication.Driver effected:ProviderRealtek...
  3. KB5013889 update prevents ethernet speeds above 100 Mbps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5013889 update prevents ethernet speeds above 100 Mbps: Installation of "June 14, 2022-KB5013889 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 11" prevents ethernet port speeds above 100 Mbps. Even after attempting driver reinstallation. Uninstalling KB allows full 1Gbps communication.Driver effected:ProviderRealtek...
  4. Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps: I have a Lenovo Legion T5 28IMB05, and my Ethernet connection is capped at 100 Mbps.Things I have already tried and didn't work:Switch to another cable. Originally, I had a CAT5e and as my speed was capped, I bought a CAT6. It didn't help though I'm still using itForce the...
  5. Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps: I have a Lenovo Legion T5 28IMB05, and my Ethernet connection is capped at 100 Mbps.Things I have already tried and didn't work:Switch to another cable. Originally, I had a CAT5e and as my speed was capped, I bought a CAT6. It didn't help though I'm still using itForce the...
  6. Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. ETHERNET SPEED LIMITED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ETHERNET SPEED LIMITED: Why is the speed of my ethernet limited to 10 mbps? The speed that I'm getting on my laptop and phone when connected wirelessly is ranging from 90-200mbps depending on the distance from the router.I have already updated the Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Network Driver a...
  8. Ethernet Speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Speed: PROBLEM: I Updated internet speed from Spectrum to 5 gigs The Driver can only process 1000 mbps/ or 1 GIg but I would like to process 5 Gig. It’s over my head and I need help. Adjustment to settings, new driver, new system board, are some guesses. Thank you in advance...
  9. Ethernet speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet speed: Have a Dell Inspiron with an Intel Core 13 7th Gen processor running Windows 10. I just wired Cat6 cable from my modem to this computer as I wasn't getting good download speed via WIFI. It appears my ethernet speed is set at a max of 100Mbps, can I up the speed to 300Mbps?...
  10. Application Error 1000 (100)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application Error 1000 (100): Can we help about this blue scream? [ATTACH] Error 21/06/2019 15:26:05 Application Error 1000 (100) Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 21/06/2019 15:26:05 Event ID: 1000 Task Category: (100)...