Windows 10: Ethernet speed

Discus and support Ethernet speed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have a Dell Inspiron with an Intel Core 13 7th Gen processor running Windows 10. I just wired Cat6 cable from my modem to this computer as I wasn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bill BWS2020, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Ethernet speed

Have a Dell Inspiron with an Intel Core 13 7th Gen processor running Windows 10.

I just wired Cat6 cable from my modem to this computer as I wasn't getting good download speed via WIFI.

It appears my ethernet speed is set at a max of 100Mbps, can I up the speed to 300Mbps?

If so, how?

:)

Bill BWS2020, Jan 30, 2020

2. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 30, 2020
  4. rez001 Win User

Ethernet speed

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Ethernet speed install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Ethernet speed pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Ethernet speed select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Ethernet speed Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Ethernet speed

1. Ethernet speed - Similar Threads - Ethernet speed

2. Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps: Hello,As it says on the tin, my ethernet speed on my PC is been limited to 10 Mbps when previously it has been running at a constant 1 Gbps when checked in the network settings. I've ran internet speed tests and downloaded games on Steam and the Xbox App to confirm the...
  3. Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps: Hello,As it says on the tin, my ethernet speed on my PC is been limited to 10 Mbps when previously it has been running at a constant 1 Gbps when checked in the network settings. I've ran internet speed tests and downloaded games on Steam and the Xbox App to confirm the...
  4. Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...: Pc SpecsMotherboard: Asus b550 gaming AGPU: Nivida rtx 3060tiCpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5700XRam: 32Gb 3400 speedI have been trying to fix this for a while now and all of the solutions I found either don't help or make it worse, first off I have restarted pc, router, and have tested...
  6. When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...

When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...: Pc SpecsMotherboard: Asus b550 gaming AGPU: Nivida rtx 3060tiCpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5700XRam: 32Gb 3400 speedI have been trying to fix this for a while now and all of the solutions I found either don't help or make it worse, first off I have restarted pc, router, and have tested...
  7. When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...

8. My download speed has been limited even though I am using ethernet and isn't effecting others.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My download speed has been limited even though I am using ethernet and isn't effecting others.: Hi,I recently started using ethernet and find my download speed is limited to 11.5mbs. I know this is a low slower as my wife is using wifi and getting 90mbs. My wifi speed is even slower as well. reaching 9mbpsIm using steam to testing actual download speeds as my speedtest...
  9. My download speed has been limited even though I am using ethernet and isn't effecting others.

My download speed has been limited even though I am using ethernet and isn't effecting others.: Hi,I recently started using ethernet and find my download speed is limited to 11.5mbs. I know this is a low slower as my wife is using wifi and getting 90mbs. My wifi speed is even slower as well. reaching 9mbpsIm using steam to testing actual download speeds as my speedtest...
  10. My download speed has been limited even though I am using ethernet and isn't effecting others.