Windows 10: Ethernet turns off every time i hibernate/reboot.

Discus and support Ethernet turns off every time i hibernate/reboot. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have windows 10 and recently started using an Ethernet connection.I keep my cable plugged in, but everytime i hibernate or restart my PC, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SadiaNaseem, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Ethernet turns off every time i hibernate/reboot.

Hello, I have windows 10 and recently started using an Ethernet connection.I keep my cable plugged in, but everytime i hibernate or restart my PC, the ethernet is not detected.The only way to get the ethernet connection working again is to physically remove the cable and plug it back in.Any reason why this is happening? I only just noticed this because i have been a lifelong wifi user and recently switched to wired internet

:)

SadiaNaseem, Oct 1, 2021

2. Cannot turn off hibernation

We have two relatively new identical HP ProDesk 400s running Windows 10. The computers often go into hibernation over night, preventing us from being able to log in remotely, and we can't shut off that feature. Our IT guy is also baffled. We have tried:

Turning off hibernation in Windows

Turning off hibernation in a command shell being run as administrator

Changing the Windows power settings to high performance

Updating Windows, drivers, BIOS

Turning off power saving options in the BIOS

Deleting Energy Star

Setting the BIOS to have the computer wake up every morning at 7:00 automatically

Basically, we have tried everything that makes any intuitive sense and anything the intertubes suggested we do. All HP could suggest in addition is reinstalling Windows, which is a bigger step than we would like to take.

Luke Hannah, Oct 1, 2021
  3. Battery drain in hibernation

This is a volunteers forum. We cannot fix anything for you!

I would start by taking these steps:

1. Put Windows into hibernation.
    2. Get it out of hibernation.
    3. Check the time stamp of the hidden file C:\Hiberfil.sys. Does it reflect the time when you took Step 1 above? If it does not then the machine was not in hibernation.
    4. Before going to bed, make a note of the battery charge.
    5. Switch the machine off and unplug the power cord.
    6. Next morning, before plugging in the power cord but after turning it on, make another note of the battery charge. If there is a noticeable discharge then you have a leaky battery or a problem with the motherboard. Windows can't be the culprit because it
      was off all night.

Frederik Long, Oct 1, 2021
  4. Ethernet turns off every time i hibernate/reboot.

Hibernate, Windows Update and Power On

Hi Robin,

Windows Update regularly reboots your computer to apply the changes made on your computer. Since that your computer is set on hibernate mode, we suggest that you schedule a time to restart your PC after downloading the update. Please be reminded that if
    there is a new update, it will be automatically downloads but the changes will only apply after a reboot. Please follow this step to set the time to restart your PC:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Click on Update & Security.
    • Make sure that you are on the Windows Update tab.
    • Under Update settings, click on Restart options link.
    • Under Schedule a time, toggle the slider to On and set a time.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Oct 1, 2021
Thema:

Ethernet turns off every time i hibernate/reboot.

1. Ethernet turns off every time i hibernate/reboot. - Similar Threads - Ethernet turns off

2. blue tooth is on but ethernet is off and i could not turn the ethernet on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blue tooth is on but ethernet is off and i could not turn the ethernet on?: blue tooth is on but the ethernet is off and I could not turn the ethernet on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-tooth-is-on-but-ethernet-is-off-and-i-could/a86a17cb-481e-4bd8-97a4-a1856eecaa13
  3. Ethernet only works after reboot (every other time)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet only works after reboot (every other time): Hello! I was having some trouble with my built-in NIC where internet would disconnect randomly, so I went and purchased a dedicated network card. This card does not have the same issue, my connection is stable and does not drop, but it does not work at all the first time I...
  4. Every time I reboot...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Every time I reboot...: Every single time I reboot, my laptop resets itself to the default Windows 10 settings and logs me out of OneDrive, I have to set up my Outlook accounts all over again, I have to change all of my default apps, etc.Help, I'm going crazy with this....
  5. Ethernet only works after reboot every other time

Ethernet only works after reboot every other time: Hello!I was having some trouble with my built-in NIC where internet would disconnect randomly, so I went and purchased a dedicated network card.This card does not have the same issue, my connection is stable and does not drop, but it does not work at all the first time I turn...
  6. HDD disappearing every time I turn off my PC

HDD disappearing every time I turn off my PC: I built my first desktop pc just a few weeks ago, I installed two m.2 nvme ssd and one HDD, and every time I turn off my PC the next time I turn it on the HDD dissapears and I have to assign it again loosing all the data on it. I verified the healt of the HDD and even tried...
  7. Hibernating turns the PC off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hibernating turns the PC off: Whenever I hibernate the computer, it ends up doing a fresh restart when boot the system. Any ideas why this might be happening? submitted by /u/thunderbong [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kizla2/hibernating_turns_the_pc_off/
  8. Router reboots every time I connect ethernet cord to Windows 10 Tower

Router reboots every time I connect ethernet cord to Windows 10 Tower: I've been having trouble with my Windows 10 Tower computer making my Router reboot every time it connects to the Internet. I don't know if it's because of something being out-dated. But I can't even download an update without losing connection. I'd very much appreciate the...
  9. W10 media streaming turns off at every reboot

W10 media streaming turns off at every reboot: Over the last month or so, media streaming from my W10 PC to networked TVs turns off every time I reboot and has to be turned on manually. This has never happened before and, given no other changes to my PC, seems to have occurred after W10 updates. I have tried many of the...
  10. Turning off Hibernation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off Hibernation: What's the difference between disabling hibernation through the power settings by selecting "never" in the hibernation section or using the command "powercfg.exe /h off" in the command line? submitted by /u/JoaoVieira16 [link] [comments]...