Windows 10: Ethernet Unidentified network/ Default Gateway not available

Discus and support Ethernet Unidentified network/ Default Gateway not available in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, my pc was working perfectly until it had a critical update, this updated the Ethernet driver on my computer and after that my Ethernet said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chaseyboo, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Chaseyboo Win User

Ethernet Unidentified network/ Default Gateway not available

Hello, my pc was working perfectly until it had a critical update, this updated the Ethernet driver on my computer and after that my Ethernet said unidentified network, no internet access, when troubleshooting I found it said the default gateway is not available. I tried to install a new driver/ upgrade it but when trying to do so it said no intel adapters found on this computer. I already tried a windows reset and it didn't do anything. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Chaseyboo, Sep 17, 2016

2. One or more network protocols are missing on this computer. Ethernet connection issue

The connection I am using is in an apartment building. The WiFi is connected to the apartment hotspot and the ethernet is plugged directly into the wall. No DHCP address exists for the ethernet connection. Also no Default gateway exists for the ethernet
    connection. Ethernet readings are as follows:

Connectivity: No network access

chajohnson10, Sep 17, 2016
  3. Unidentified Network "Default Gateway not available"

I use ethernet cable for internet connection on windows 10 platform.Generally it works fine showing the following status
    Ethernet Unidentified network/ Default Gateway not available [​IMG]

But once in every 3 to 4 days the status changes to Unidentified Network and no internet.When I troubleshoot then the error message shows"Default Gateway not available".The IPV4 configuration
    was already manually entered before this problem arose.

I don't have any third party anti virus installed and all my network drivers are up to date.I also tried resetting TCP/IP and restarting the laptop but none of those work and the status remains unidentified network with no internet.Amazingly after 10 to
    12 hours the internet gets restored and the unidentified network status gets replaced by Network/Public Network as shown in the above pic automatically without doing anything and everything starts working fine.This is happening very regularly.I have to wait
    10 to 12 hours everytime this problem arose for the internet to get restored on its own.Is there anyway to fix this problem.

Chandu_990, Sep 17, 2016
Thema:

Ethernet Unidentified network/ Default Gateway not available

1. Ethernet Unidentified network/ Default Gateway not available - Similar Threads - Ethernet Unidentified network

2. Unidentified network on ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unidentified network on ethernet: The other day I was on my computer when I lost internet connection to my computer but it was fine for everything else in my house I prior to this happening I did not touch anything to do with my Ethernet or anything that could just disable my internet. I use à TP-link AV600...
  3. Ethernet "unidentified network"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet "unidentified network": Whenever I try to plug an ethernet cable into my pc, it always says it's an unidentified network. I've already tried restarting my router. Network troubleshooter doesn't help either. I'm not sure what to do from here....
  4. Ethernet unidentified network and no default gateway

Ethernet unidentified network and no default gateway: trying to connect Ethernet to my pcIt was working and then suddenly there was no network connection in the adapter properties. I am on campus internet with Ethernet running from a box on the wall. I have tried different options to reconfigure the ip for the Ethernet but...
  5. Ethernet unidentified network and no default gateway

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet unidentified network and no default gateway: trying to connect Ethernet to my pcIt was working and then suddenly there was no network connection in the adapter properties. I am on campus internet with Ethernet running from a box on the wall. I have tried different options to reconfigure the ip for the Ethernet but...
  6. Ethernet unidentified network and no default gateway

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. 'Unidentified Network'/Missing default gateway.

'Unidentified Network'/Missing default gateway.: Help! So, randomly, my ethernet disconnected today. I tried running all sorts of diagnostics and eventually located the problem- the ethernet was being listed as an 'Unidentified Network', and the default gate way was not available. I reset via multiple methods including...
  8. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and tried...
  9. Default gateway not available

Default gateway not available: Help! I've searched for hours for help on this issue and can't seem to solve my limited internet issue. First it was showing up: IP not configured correctly I input the following (which I found off another random site so don't even know if it's right) IP:...
  10. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and...