Windows 10: Ethernet - Unidentified Network, No Internet Investigate router or broadband modem issues?

Discus and support Ethernet - Unidentified Network, No Internet Investigate router or broadband modem issues? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As the Title suggests I am having issues with my ethernet connection. My ethernet will randomly disconnect itself from the internet. When I unplug the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kal-lon_Prime, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Ethernet - Unidentified Network, No Internet Investigate router or broadband modem issues?

As the Title suggests I am having issues with my ethernet connection. My ethernet will randomly disconnect itself from the internet. When I unplug the ethernet and plug it back in it tells me that the network is unidentified and there's no internet. Sometimes when I plug it back in it does reconnect properly, but then we're back at square one, and it often doesn't take long to disconnect again. When I troubleshoot this is the message I eventually get:Investigate router or broadband modem issues1. Unplug or turn off the device2. Once all the lights on the device are off, wait at least 10 second

:)

Kal-lon_Prime, Jun 6, 2021

2. Unidentified Network No Internet Issue

My internet is significantly slower than what I normally recieve. Under further investigation, I found that my ethernet was messed up. So I restart the router and replugged the ethernet cable. I looked
    more into it and saw the message. "Unidentified Network - No Internet" So I tried to bridge the connections and I even went into the properties and added in my IP and iPv4 DNS server. And it still isn't working. If anyone can send steps to resolve this issue,
    it will be of a great help to me.

Cloudydust, Jun 6, 2021
  3. Henry60AR Win User
    Internet Slowdown on my Desktop - Ethernet Connection

Thanks Vijay. I went through your steps other than the repair upgrade, and there was no change. Before I do the repair upgrade, I want to check on another angle.

I went into Networks and Sharing and realized that Windows is simply not recognizing my Verizon modem/router as the Ethernet connection. The slow internet access is due to the fact that the desktop is picking up the WiFi signal, and it's not strong on this
    device.

For Ethernet, I get an "Unidentified Network" and when I click on Ethernet Status, the IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity lists "no network access". Looking at the Ethernet properties, the "Connect Using" lists Realtek PCle GBE Family Controller. Shouldn't it
    be the Verizon modem name? Also noticed that the Microsoft Network Adaptor Multiplexor Protocol is unchecked. Not sure if that matters.

I think what I need to do is somehow configure the Verizon modem again, but not sure how.

Henry60AR, Jun 6, 2021
  4. two250 Win User

Ethernet - Unidentified Network, No Internet Investigate router or broadband modem issues?

Ethernet shows unidentified network, but internet works.

Strange issue that just started today. My Ethernet adapter shows unidentified network and none of my apps have internet access, however my web browsers work just fine. I am even making this post from the adapter that supposedly has no access. I have been searching around for a solution, but no problem seems similar to mine. Check out the screenshot below. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ethernet - Unidentified Network, No Internet Investigate router or broadband modem issues? [​IMG]

two250, Jun 6, 2021
Thema:

Ethernet - Unidentified Network, No Internet Investigate router or broadband modem issues?

1. Ethernet - Unidentified Network, No Internet Investigate router or broadband modem issues? - Similar Threads - Ethernet Unidentified Network

2. Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet: Hi, I recently turned on my pc after coming back from university and found there was no internet when there had been even that morning. I have tried diagnosing the issue and get the error "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". To fix this I've tried resetting and...
  3. Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet: Hi, I recently turned on my pc after coming back from university and found there was no internet when there had been even that morning. I have tried diagnosing the issue and get the error "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". To fix this I've tried resetting and...
  4. Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ethernet no internet and unidentified network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet no internet and unidentified network: My brother was trying to pull out a plug for a charger, but accidentally pulled out my computers power cord while I was using it. Since then, even after restart, the internet won’t work and when I go on Ethernet settings it says unidentified network and no internet. How could...
  6. Ethernet no internet and unidentified network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet no internet and unidentified network: My brother was trying to pull out a plug for a charger, but accidentally pulled out my computers power cord while I was using it. Since then, even after restart, the internet won’t work and when I go on Ethernet settings it says unidentified network and no internet. How could...
  7. Ethernet Issues - Unidentified Network

Ethernet Issues - Unidentified Network: HiI was plugged into my internet through my external network adapter and it seems to disconnect quite frequently as 'unidentified network'I thought my network adapter broke so I bought a new one yesterday. It was working fine through yesterday and today. Suddenly it was...
  8. Ethernet settings, Unidentified network, no Internet

Ethernet settings, Unidentified network, no Internet: Changed some network names and SSID settings to a router. Had 4 PC's downstairs coming off of a switch box. Each fed into an ethernet adaptor. Worked fine. Now the ethernet setting shows Unidentified Network, and speeds are like wifi speeds. Not obvious whats up....
  9. W10 Ethernet "Unidentified Network - No Internet" after router restart

W10 Ethernet "Unidentified Network - No Internet" after router restart: Hello all, this is my first time posting here. Today I encountered an issue with my Ethernet on my Windows 10 Desktop after restarting my router, losing access to the internet, and I can't seem to figure out what went wrong at all. I recently restarted my router since my...
  10. "Unidentified Network No Internet" when connected directly to modem.

"Unidentified Network No Internet" when connected directly to modem.: My router is very old and limits my internet a lot so I decided to go directly through the modem and then through a switch to allow for a fast wired and decent wireless connection. My desktop seems to only connect to the internet when going through the router. I have done...