Windows 10: Ethernet unplugged - > not connected/cable unplugged

Discus and support Ethernet unplugged - > not connected/cable unplugged in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Like the title says, it says ethernet unidentified and then unplugged all within 2 seconds and it keeps happening again, and again, I can fix this by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by vurple, Sep 21, 2019.

1. vurple Win User

Ethernet unplugged - > not connected/cable unplugged

Like the title says, it says ethernet unidentified and then unplugged all within 2 seconds and it keeps happening again, and again, I can fix this by going to adapter properties then qos packet scheduler - > configure - > advanced and change speed & duplex to 10mbps half or full. However when I do this it remains constant unidentified network and I cannot access the Internet. Was most likely after an update and I have no system restore and uninstalling the update tells me undoing changes. Please help. Thanks. PS after I do the qos packet scheduler thing and use the troubleshooter it says ethernet doesn't have a valid ip configuration. I've watched tens of hundreds of videos to fix this problem yet it remains unfixed. Please help thank you.

:)

vurple, Sep 21, 2019
  2. Griffin7 Win User

"Ethernet Cable Unplugged"

Good day,

I keep on getting a notice that my Ethernet Cable is unplugged. I have an Acer laptop and there are no loose cables that I use. This happens when I use public wifi.

Please help urgently! This is extremely frustrating because it prevents me from connecting to free wifi services.

These are the details:

Manufacturer: Realtek

Description: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Driver version: 10.1.505.2015

Thank you!

Griffin7, Sep 21, 2019
  3. "Network Cable Unplugged" on Ethernet Connection

Okay.

Can you unplug laptop and remove battery. Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Then leave your device unplugged, no battery and have a coffee or ...... Some devices don't reset properly so I'm, hoping a total lost of power causes a reset.

While this doesn't make sense could you enter your Bios and see if there is a setting for the Onboard Lan. Disable it and save. Reboot. Then enter BIOS again and enable. (Wants to ensure there isn't something in BIOS preventing operation.)

You said you tested cable with other device. I think you mention you saw the green and yellow lights when connected to this other laptop. Do you see any lights when you connect to troubled device? For sure the cable is fully seated in troubled laptop. (Okay shoot me for asking)

I know you said you did clean install. Did you check TCP/IP settings to ensure that when cable is connected it is not in Static IP mode?
    Type ipconfig /all and look under ethernet section. It should list dhcp mode.

While likely not a router have you powered down your router for a minute and then restarted. Like I said, not likely, but something simple to add to your growing list of things you've done.

I saw one solution was to head to your adapters properties through Network and Sharing and on "Sharing" tab enable sharing.

Good luck.

Caledon Ken, Sep 21, 2019
  4. Ethernet unplugged - > not connected/cable unplugged

"Network Cable Unplugged" on Ethernet Connection

I was SO hoping for a miraculous result with Ubuntu but... and I swear my heart broke a bit when I saw it... Ubuntu says the cable is unplugged when I check the Ethernet connection. *cry

HappyMommy, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

Ethernet unplugged - > not connected/cable unplugged

1. Ethernet unplugged - > not connected/cable unplugged - Similar Threads - Ethernet unplugged connected

2. Ethernet Network Cable Unplugged Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Network Cable Unplugged Problem: Laptop = Lenovo IdeaPad S340-15IWL OS = Windows 10Modem = Netmaster Infinity 401USB to Ethernet Adapter = ASIX AX88179 USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter---I plugged my adapter into the SS USB port on my laptop, then connected the adapter with my modem via an ethernet...
  3. Ethernet Network Cable Unplugged Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Network Cable Unplugged Problem: Laptop = Lenovo IdeaPad S340-15IWL OS = Windows 10Modem = Netmaster Infinity 401USB to Ethernet Adapter = ASIX AX88179 USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter---I plugged my adapter into the SS USB port on my laptop, then connected the adapter with my modem via an ethernet...
  4. Ethernet Network Cable Unplugged Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ethernet cable unplugged error on new gaming pc

Ethernet cable unplugged error on new gaming pc: Hello, I have just completed a new build and everything was going smooth until I got the error "Network cable unplugged" for the Ethernet connection. I have tried just about every possible solution updating bios, drivers, switching ethernet cables, resetting network...
  6. network cable unplugged

network cable unplugged: W10 18363.535 just updated computer #3 today and noticed afterwards while trying to connect to network, I get the "network cable unplugged" message. Did the usual re-plugging, changed the cable, same results. Finally worked over to the network adapter and after a while...
  7. Ethernet cable might be unplugged or broken

Ethernet cable might be unplugged or broken: Excuse me sir, My wifi was working fine till yesterday and i have wlan and i have never used a cable network. When i was gaming suddenly my wifi got disconnected and i could not reconnect to my wifi. I have tried the following steps below, 1)Update the drivers 2)Speed and...
  8. Ethernet cable unplugged

Ethernet cable unplugged: Hello guys i am having problem with my Ethernet connection. When i connect the cable to the computer nothing happend and if i try to do a troubleshoot it say that there is no calbe pluged. I bought the cable 6 hours ago so it is a new one. The think is i press to reset the...
  9. Network cable unplugged

Network cable unplugged: Hopefully this is the right section to post this. I have just moved into a new home and i am having issues connecting to the internet through a wired connection. Wfi works but id rather use the wired connection since i have it . The house is wired for Cat 5e. I have an ASUS...
  10. "Network Cable Unplugged" on Ethernet Connection

"Network Cable Unplugged" on Ethernet Connection: Let's start at the beginning... In early November I broke my collarbone which resulted in my being out of work since. Being unable to really sit in my office at my desk (plugged directly into the modem as I typically am via ethernet), I moved my laptop downtairs and began...