Windows 10: Ethernet/ Wi-Fi Conflict??

Discus and support Ethernet/ Wi-Fi Conflict?? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Windows 10 desktop is immediately next to my XFINITY Xfi modem. The computer has a wired Ethernet connection and is also connecting by Wi-Fi.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wrkeen, Jun 9, 2020.

1. wrkeen Win User

Ethernet/ Wi-Fi Conflict??

My Windows 10 desktop is immediately next to my XFINITY Xfi modem. The computer has a wired Ethernet connection and is also connecting by Wi-Fi.

The computer often drops its internet connection while a laptop in another room connected only by Wi-Fi stays connected reliably.

Could there be a conflict between the two connections causing that? Would I be better off disabling the Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection?

:)

wrkeen, Jun 9, 2020
  2. Frank C Win User

Conflicting Wi-Fi Messages

Hi.
    I have this problem trying to access a ASUS Win 10 computer on a local network.
    I am getting these two messages:
    One or more network protocols are missing on this computer
    Windows Socket Registry Entries Required for Network Connectivity are Missing

I am told that the Wi-Fi is not connected, but the device status says it is working properly

Ethernet/ Wi-Fi Conflict?? [​IMG]

Suggestions please?

Frank C, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Dumazi Win User
    Wi-Fi, Ethernet, WinAudio fail to start on boot

I posted this on the Microsoft Community Help board and got little to no attention from the support engineers. Hopefully someone here can help.

I am having a recent problem with Windows 10. I have been running Windows 10 Home Edition from an on-line upgrade on my Lenovo Y510P for months with no issues. About a week ago, I started noticing that after a restart, my system tray icons for Audio and Network (either Wi-Fi or Ethernet) would start out fine but about half-way through the start up process would become marked with a red X or a warning yellow triangle with an exclamation point.

The Audio can be restarted either by running the trouble shooter or turning on the WinAudio service. The Ethernet actually works just fine but the yellow triangle warning icon persists and claims to either be constantly identifying the network or displays that the connection is unknown. Running the trouble shooter finds no problems. The Wi-Fi system tray icon appears with it's obligatory warning triangle and the Wi-Fi will connect to a known network if in range, but there is no Wi-Fi Icon in the Action Center, and no Wi-Fi entry in the Network & Internet Settings list either.

If you list the adapters in Network Connections, the Wi-Fi does appear and you can access the properties for the adapter, but if you try to select connect/disconnect from the context sensitive menu, it does not open a list of locally available networks, instead you are taken back to the All Settings Screen. Likewise if you run the trouble shooter on the Wi-Fi adapter when away from a known local Wi-Fi network, the troubleshooter tells you to pick a network from a list. When you click on the link, you are not taken to a list of networks, but rather back to the All Settings screen.

I have updated the drivers for the audio and both network adapters, The device manager claims all devices are operating appropriately. Malwarebytes reveals nothing.

I suspected the problem might be related shared service dependencies, but the problem persists through a clean boot in which both services and start-up items were tested. Neither a system scan nor a DISM repair revealed any corrupt system files.

I did notice that if I click on the "connect to the internet" icon on the log in screen, I do get a list of the dozen or so available Wi-Fi networks in my immediate vicinity. I can not see that list anywhere once I log into Windows 10 proper.

I created installation media (burned the Win 10 .ISO to a DVD) and performed a reinstall of Windows 10 which allowed me to keep my installed apps. I'm guessing both this and the basic system refresh maintain many settings and registry entries that are likely the source of my problem. Reinstalling Windows 10 did not resolve my issues.

I'm at a loss. Any suggestions?

Dumazi, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Ethernet/ Wi-Fi Conflict??

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Ethernet/ Wi-Fi Conflict??

1. Ethernet/ Wi-Fi Conflict?? - Similar Threads - Ethernet Conflict

2. My pc won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet. The WiFi works on the router but won’t...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet. The WiFi works on the router but won’t...: So as of two weeks ago my pc just didn’t want to connect to internet anymore. It’s connect via Ethernet to my Verizon internet gateway, which has worked before. I can connect via WiFi to the Verizon gateway with my phone but it doesn’t want to work all of a sudden via...
  3. My pc won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet. The WiFi works on the router but won’t...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet. The WiFi works on the router but won’t...: So as of two weeks ago my pc just didn’t want to connect to internet anymore. It’s connect via Ethernet to my Verizon internet gateway, which has worked before. I can connect via WiFi to the Verizon gateway with my phone but it doesn’t want to work all of a sudden via...
  4. My pc won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet. The WiFi works on the router but won’t...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 11 not installing ethernet drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not installing ethernet drivers: I installed a fresh copy of windows 11 on a new ssd from a thumb drive. the install didn't install any drivers for the ethernet card, and windows will not recognize the card now. I cannot get on the internet to download the right drivers and I don't know what drivers to...
  6. Windows 11 not installing ethernet drivers

Windows 11 not installing ethernet drivers: I installed a fresh copy of windows 11 on a new ssd from a thumb drive. the install didn't install any drivers for the ethernet card, and windows will not recognize the card now. I cannot get on the internet to download the right drivers and I don't know what drivers to...
  7. Problem with activating windows with no wifi but ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with activating windows with no wifi but ethernet: i bought a pc that has windows activation key inside its BIOS, and i was told that itll activate once i connect to the internet. But the issue is that i dont have a WiFi adapter and only Ethernet connected to my pc, and once i go to the activation panel it tells me that i...
  8. Problem with activating windows with no wifi but ethernet

Problem with activating windows with no wifi but ethernet: i bought a pc that has windows activation key inside its BIOS, and i was told that itll activate once i connect to the internet. But the issue is that i dont have a WiFi adapter and only Ethernet connected to my pc, and once i go to the activation panel it tells me that i...
  9. What to do if WIFI and Ethernet Networks conflict. This is an actual problen, it has...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do if WIFI and Ethernet Networks conflict. This is an actual problen, it has...: I will try to be specific. I have two computers;Computer A;Device name Brucer_CLXProcessor 13th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-13900KF 3.00 GHzInstalled RAM 64.0 GB 63.8 GB usableDevice ID 0EDDF607-2EA6-41EE-BDBD-8C5D8CE74553Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA494System type 64-bit...
  10. What to do if WIFI and Ethernet Networks conflict. This is an actual problen, it has...

What to do if WIFI and Ethernet Networks conflict. This is an actual problen, it has...: I will try to be specific. I have two computers;Computer A;Device name Brucer_CLXProcessor 13th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-13900KF 3.00 GHzInstalled RAM 64.0 GB 63.8 GB usableDevice ID 0EDDF607-2EA6-41EE-BDBD-8C5D8CE74553Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA494System type 64-bit...