Windows 10: Ethernet/wifi Icon not showing+sound icon with Red Cross after blue screen

Discus and support Ethernet/wifi Icon not showing+sound icon with Red Cross after blue screen in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there! I was playing call of duty played it for 1 month with no problems when suddenly my pc started crashing. I got the blue screen and tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LauritsChristensen1, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Ethernet/wifi Icon not showing+sound icon with Red Cross after blue screen

Hi there!
    I was playing call of duty played it for 1 month with no problems when suddenly my pc started crashing. I got the blue screen and tried to restart my pc. Everything seemed okay again. The next morning I woke up and turned on my pc and the internet was not working + the sound either.

I have tried troubleshooting it but does not seem to work. I searched on google to see if someone else has had that problem and how to fix it but without any luck.

My pc components are 1 month old and I hate to see my pc crashing already. I hope someone here could help me out with the problem

pc specs:

ASUS Prime B360M-A, Socket-1151

Intel i5 8400

ASUS GeForce GTX1660 DUAL EVO

Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666MHz 16GB

:)

LauritsChristensen1, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Ellielt Win User

Red cross on wifi and sound icons.

Yesterday when I turned on my laptop, I noticed instead of the usually wifi icon, it was now an ethernet icon even though I haven't changed anything with my laptop in regard to this and have no idea why it is now an ethernet icon. The icon has a red cross
    on it, and also my sound icon has the cross to. I have restarted my computer and tried disabling the ethernet, but it just won't go. I can fix the sound but it always comes back to the red cross. The internet also keeps disconnecting and I have to restart
    my laptop to get it working again. I have no idea why this has happened and don't really want to restore or reset if I don't have to! Can anyone help? I am using Windows 10 by the way, but updated a fair few weeks before this occurred.

Ellielt, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Unable to turn on the sound, red cross next to sound icon

1. Which version of Windows are you running?

2. Which version of Internet Explorer or other browser?

3. Does "sound icon" refer to the sound icon on the Windows Taskbar?

Don

Don Varnau, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Ethernet/wifi Icon not showing+sound icon with Red Cross after blue screen

Unable to turn on the sound, red cross next to sound icon

cant turn sound on has red cross next to sound icon.need step by step instruction please to resolve,

Original title : sound

MarkWinton, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Ethernet/wifi Icon not showing+sound icon with Red Cross after blue screen

1. Ethernet/wifi Icon not showing+sound icon with Red Cross after blue screen - Similar Threads - Ethernet wifi Icon

2. My Sound Icon shows a red cross ... but sound still works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Sound Icon shows a red cross ... but sound still works: My Sound Icon shows a red cross ... but sound still works. I have a Philips PHL 23V7 monitor connected to my W10 Pro PC via the HDMI. I have a pair of speakers connected directly to the monitor.The behaviou of the ICON has changed. Previously I could immediately change the...
  3. My Sound Icon shows a red cross ... but sound still works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Sound Icon shows a red cross ... but sound still works: My Sound Icon shows a red cross ... but sound still works. I have a Philips PHL 23V7 monitor connected to my W10 Pro PC via the HDMI. I have a pair of speakers connected directly to the monitor.The behaviou of the ICON has changed. Previously I could immediately change the...
  4. My Sound Icon shows a red cross ... but sound still works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Red Cross on Battery Icon In the lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Red Cross on Battery Icon In the lock screen: I have noticed for somedays that in my pc's lock screen the battery Icon is missing and It got fixed. Today the Battery icon had red cross on it but when I logged in the battery icon on my desktop is normal. Basically there seems to be some problem with the Battery icon in...
  6. red cross on sound icon in System tray

red cross on sound icon in System tray: Speakers work & microphone works too. But there is a red cross on the speaker icon in the system tray. Hover over the Icon and pop up says "No speakers or headphones are plugged in". Right click and Hover over "Speaker setup" Shows UNKNOWN and a pop up to the left says...
  7. Battry icon showing red cross line .

Battry icon showing red cross line .: Hello, good evening. I am on Windows 10, and OS build 19042.746. Recently I notice the Battery icon on my taskbar showing empty with a red X symbol after the Windows starts. It stays there for 2 to 3 seconds and then disappears, though my battery is almost fully charged....
  8. no sound red cross by speaker icon

no sound red cross by speaker icon: I have no sound, getting no output devices connected. I have tried all trouble shootin tips nothing works. I have same problem on windows 7 pc. They both failed at the same time...
  9. No sound and a red cross against the sound icon. Windows 10.

No sound and a red cross against the sound icon. Windows 10.: I have a 'no audio driver installed' message after a reset in windows 10. Lots of websites offering audio drivers, that I am unwilling to trust. So Is there away of getting audio drivers from MS, and is Driver Talent a reliable download to overcome my problem? Many...
  10. Red cross on wifi icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Red cross on wifi icon in Windows 10: Hi, I have encountered a problem where the wifi connection is unstable. Sometimes, the wifi can be connected to the local area network and sometimes it is not. When it is unable to connect to wifi, a red cross appear. I have updated the wireless network adapter and the...