Windows 10: 'ethernet/Wifi not connected issue' after windows update

Discus and support 'ethernet/Wifi not connected issue' after windows update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, After a recent windows update, I'm unable to connect my laptop to the internet. I've tried resetting the adapters, did an enable, disable of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dheeraj1990, May 17, 2020.

1. 'ethernet/Wifi not connected issue' after windows update

Hi,

After a recent windows update, I'm unable to connect my laptop to the internet. I've tried resetting the adapters, did an enable, disable of the adapter.. Nothing worked. Please help. Screenshots below, and my computer is hp ts m6 sleekbook

Regards,

Dheeraj

'ethernet/Wifi not connected issue' after windows update [​IMG]'ethernet/Wifi not connected issue' after windows update [​IMG]

:)

Dheeraj1990, May 17, 2020
  2. RevoLand Win User

Windows 10 Ethernet connection randomly disconnects

Hello,

So this issue has been annoying me since i have changed my old i5-4670 with a ryzen.

Ethernet: Realtek 8111H (MSI X370 Gaming Plus)
    Modem/Router: Airties Air 5760

What i have tried so far to fix my issue:
    • Re-installing Windows
    • Updating Ryzen chipset drivers
    • Updating Realtek LAN drivers (both from MSI & Realtek)
    • Updating MSI' LAN releated drivers (MSI Gaming Lan Manager)
    • Replacing ethernet cable
    • Restarting router to factory settings
    Still no luck, keeps happening randomly. Sometimes it is stable for days then it is not stable for 20 mins. Happening when gaming or idle, or while streaming via steam link.
    Windows' own issue fixer thingy fix the issue for the moment, re-plugging the cable, disabling & enabling the ethernet adapter also fixes the issue for the moment.
    Also i am the only one having this issue in the network, TV and phones are still connected to wifi.

It is started to be real annoying, so time to get help to fix the issue from TPU. Thanks in advance! *I Love TPU :lovetpu:

RevoLand, May 17, 2020
  3. Ethernet Connection Issue - WIFI is working but Not Ethernet Connection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that the Ethernet is not working and you are getting the error message “Unidentified network”. This might be due to the corrupt network adapters.

Please answer the below question to assist you better,

What is the make and model of the system?

I would suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Network Driver and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    Method 2: I would also suggest you to
    reset TCP/IP if you have Internet connection issues.

Please follow the below steps for the same

1. Type command prompt in the Search bar and then right click and Run as Administrator mode.

2. Type the command netsh int ip reset.

3. Restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, May 17, 2020
  4. toomature Win User

'ethernet/Wifi not connected issue' after windows update

Ethernet Connection Issue - WIFI is working but Not Ethernet Connection

For some reason yesterday my Ethernet connection stopped working. Initially is said "Identifying" and now it just says "Unidentified Network". I have tried multiple times to reconnect to my network and nothing is working. My WiFi connection is still working
    but not the Ethernet connection. I tried uninstalling the Ethernet driver and then reinstalling it - this did not solve the issue. I checked for updated software and received a message that my device had the most updated software. I troubleshooted the issue
    and followed all of the instructions on the screen. Once the trouble shoot completed I followed the steps to resolve the issue but received a message that the issue was not able to be resolved. I have copied and pasted the message I received in my trouble
    shooting report below. Could someone please let me know how to fix this and why its happening?

One or more network protocols are missing on this computer: Not Fixed

Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing.

Restore network protocols to default settings

Completed

One or more network settings are missing on this computer.

toomature, May 17, 2020
Thema:

'ethernet/Wifi not connected issue' after windows update

1. 'ethernet/Wifi not connected issue' after windows update - Similar Threads - 'ethernet Wifi connected

2. Wifi connection issues after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connection issues after windows update: My wi-fi disconnects and reconnects around every 30 to 45 minutes, depending. This is a really bothersome problem, especially using VPN. Due to the infrastructure of the apartment, Ethernet and Firewire Ethernet are not options.This came right away with the 21H2 release. By...
  3. Wifi connection issues after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi connection issues after windows update: My wi-fi disconnects and reconnects around every 30 to 45 minutes, depending. This is a really bothersome problem, especially using VPN. Due to the infrastructure of the apartment, Ethernet and Firewire Ethernet are not options.This came right away with the 21H2 release. By...
  4. Wifi connection issues after windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Wifi connection issues after the update

Wifi connection issues after the update: I think I’ve tried just about every restart method, network diagnostics and uninstall I can try and nothing will help connect my laptop to wifi, I don’t have an Ethernet cord and if I try and use personal hotspot the button automatically shuts itself back off, my only option...
  6. Wifi/Ethernet Connection Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi/Ethernet Connection Issue: Lately, I have had trouble connecting to the internet in my apartment, and the issue seems to be directly related to my computer. No one else in my apartment is having issues, and I know the IPv4 address is valid. Sometimes, I can get my laptop to connect to the internet via...
  7. Wifi/Ethernet Connection Issue

Wifi/Ethernet Connection Issue: Lately, I have had trouble connecting to the internet in my apartment, and the issue seems to be directly related to my computer. No one else in my apartment is having issues, and I know the IPv4 address is valid. Sometimes, I can get my laptop to connect to the internet via...
  8. Wifi/Ethernet Connection Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Wireless/WiFi and Ethernet connectivity issue

Wireless/WiFi and Ethernet connectivity issue: Product: Example: HP Notebook 15 Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-Bit I turned my computer on this morning and out of no where my wifi was turned off and not connected to my network. When I went to reconnect it said there was no networks available. So I tried...
  10. Connection Issue WiFi vs Ethernet?

Connection Issue WiFi vs Ethernet?: Lately, I seem to have a connection conflict between Wifi and Ethernet. I show my laptop as connected to both. It is in another room from the modem and router. It will disconnect periodically. I can only reconnect by restarting the computer. Wireless is strong throughout...