Windows 10: Ethernet Wifi not working (not detected). Lenovo Z50-70

Discus and support Ethernet Wifi not working (not detected). Lenovo Z50-70 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So i was given a laptop to repair, a Lenovo Z50-70 to be precise. So the guy said his Wifi and Ethernet weren't working (Error 45 in device manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by obit11, Jul 27, 2016.

1. obit11 Win User

Ethernet Wifi not working (not detected). Lenovo Z50-70

So i was given a laptop to repair, a Lenovo Z50-70 to be precise. So the guy said his Wifi and Ethernet weren't working (Error 45 in device manager (seems to suggest they arent connected which i don't understand considering its a laptop)). later, it "died" temporarily (as in, wouldn't boot or anything). It's decided to work again. I did a OS rollback to see if perhaps it was OS side. The problem is still occurring. I can use a phone to tether so i don't believe it's software related. (I'm yet to pull it apart to see if anythings been spilt for example). When i do attempt to reinstall drivers, it states the devices cant be found. (the devices were actually hidden in device manager). any ideas as to what could be the issue before i say mobo? (it seems the bios thinks it's 10 days ago too if that's relevant).

Specs:
    i7-4510U
    8gb DDR3
    Nvidia 820m
    1TB HDD
    As far as im aware, it is stock from the shop. It's just out of it's 12 month warranty (as per usual).

So I did a bios update and reset to defaults, no change. I'm doing the OS reset, I'll check if it's there. If not, I'm gunna try upgrading to Windows 10 to see if that fixes the issue. I tried disabling the wifi card in the bios, thinking maybe disable reenable might do it possibly. No change.

Honestly this has me stumped haha. Like the driver installations can't find the hardware. I can tether with a phone. But the lan and wifi don't work. So strange.

i upgraded to windows 10 also and the problem still persists.

Cheers guys.

:)

obit11, Jul 27, 2016
  2. bestparth Win User

Windows 10 upgrade - No sound

Remove sound hardaware and reninstall scan hardware in device manager

after working sound

i have same issue in my lenovo z50-70 laptop

bestparth, Jul 27, 2016
  3. Unable to open up the "Update and Security" settings panel

Last year upgraded.

It is a lenovo z50-70

last week i restarted the laptop as new because my wifi was giving me trouble. The network company made a scan and told me that the problem was with my device and suggested me to do that. So i did. The wifi problem was fixed. But now this happened.

mariianaguedes, Jul 27, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Your Subject line of "Ethernet Wifi not working (not detected)" speaks to 2 different things. Ethernet is the cable connection to a modem or router, Wi-Fi is the wireless connections to the modem or router. They use different adapters with the Ethernet socket being on the motherboard and the Wi-Fi adapter being plugged into a socket on the motherboard and 2 wires in the Display panel for the antenna. They usually use different drivers but do need the drivers installed for both devices to show up in Device Manager, Network adapters. Some Desktops may have the added Wi-Fi adapter. If a Notebook has Bluetooth wireless it usually is part of the Wi-Fi adapter. I usually boot to a Linux LiveDVD to check if the adapters still work as Linux tends to have support for a variety of devices, download an .iso file and use to burn the DVD.

One other thing, while the Ethernet can be disabled in the BIOS and also the Wireless adapter there usually is a switch or a key to turn the Wireless On or Off or maybe an Fn + another key to toggle it On or Off, similar to hardware control of Sound. Seems every brand and even some models within a brand do it different from others.

Berton, Jul 27, 2016
Thema:

1. Ethernet Wifi not working (not detected). Lenovo Z50-70 - Similar Threads - Ethernet Wifi working

2. Wifi and ethernet not detected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi and ethernet not detected: Hello. I had problems with my pc recently so I decided to reset it. But during the reset the screen came to there was a problem blablabla. So I had to totally format my drives and reinstall windows. But now I dont’t see the wifi option, it’s just the ethernet logo with an x...
  3. Lenovo y50-70

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo y50-70: Hi got problem with lenovo y50-70 f4 button stopped workin all look fine tried to reinstall windows again didnt helped all other buttons work fine only f4 doesnt react. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-y50-70/309911f8-71a4-443b-b0e6-c769ff07c353
  4. My hdd caddy diasappears lenovo z50 70

My hdd caddy diasappears lenovo z50 70: Hi im searching for help. Im using Windows 10 with my lenovo z50 70.I've buyed new ssd harddrive and i installed windows on it and put my old hdd in a caddy.Evwrithing its fine with the new ssd but i have issues with the old one. When i start my laptop with charger my 2nd...
  5. Difference between Lenovo Z50-70 laptop models in terms of drivers

Difference between Lenovo Z50-70 laptop models in terms of drivers: I just clean installed my Windows and started searching for my laptop drivers. I own a Lenovo Z50-70 laptop. When I entered the support site I noticed 3 "versions" of my laptop. Z50-70: Error Z50-70 - type 20354: Error Z50-70 - type 80E7: Error As I checked,...
  6. Can't boot into UEFI mode - Lenovo Z50-70

Can't boot into UEFI mode - Lenovo Z50-70: So I set the boot mode due to whateve reason to Legacy Mode (due to dual boot with Linux I think). Now I tried to set it back to UEFI. But this is what I got: (HDD is working if I swtich to Legacy Mode) 72202
  7. Changing keyboard on Lenovo Z50-75

Changing keyboard on Lenovo Z50-75: One of the keys on my keyboard broke (over zealous cleaning), so I bought a replacement keyboard after googling how to replace it. It really is dead simple 1) remove back cover (three screws) 2) remove fan (three screws plus connector) 3) remove three keyboard...
  8. Microphone does not work in certain programmes on Lenovo y 70 70 T

Microphone does not work in certain programmes on Lenovo y 70 70 T: My in-built microphone does not work in Steam and Skype(both Windows app and Dekstop), but works fine in Facebook, Windows programmes(camera, voice) or Discrord. How can that be? I really can;t figure out how to fix this. I have tried reinstalling audio drivers to both...
  9. Lenovo Z50-75 "No detect PLDS DVD-RW DA8A6SH"

Lenovo Z50-75 "No detect PLDS DVD-RW DA8A6SH": My Laptop Lenovo Z50-75 can not detection DVD-RW "PLDS DA8A6SH" on Windows 10. *Busted Anyone same problem and have a solution ? Please help & share...*Confused [img] [img] [img] Thanks, Chan 26287
  10. Lenovo Y50-70 wifi issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lenovo Y50-70 wifi issues: I have Lenovo Y50-70 UHD and i have installed Windows 10 64-bit version. Everything is perfect except for the wifi. I have installed these two drivers that lenovo suggests Screenshot but still my connecition is extremely slow. My network adapter is Broadcom 802.11ac .I also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo z50 75 bluetooth working but wifi not

2. lenovo z50 75 wii card not working

3. Lenovo Z50-75 wifi fix

4. ethernet working but wifi not detected,
  5. lenovo z50 wireless not installed,
  6. lenovo z50-70 wifi not find any network,
  7. ethernet and wifi not detected