Windows 10: Ethernet won't recognize after a Shutdown or Sleepmode, only solution is to Reset Network,...

Discus and support Ethernet won't recognize after a Shutdown or Sleepmode, only solution is to Reset Network,... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When waking from a shutdown or sleep mode, Windows 10 will not recognize the ethernet cable. When running the troubleshooter, it just says an ethernet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JonathanYun1, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Ethernet won't recognize after a Shutdown or Sleepmode, only solution is to Reset Network,...

When waking from a shutdown or sleep mode, Windows 10 will not recognize the ethernet cable. When running the troubleshooter, it just says an ethernet cable is not connected re plugging does nothing. The only way I've found to do fix this is to reset network settings and then restart my computer every single time I come from a sleep or shutdown.

I am currently on the latest version of Windows 10 Pr

Edition Windows 10 Pro

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎2020-‎10-‎21

OS build 19042.630

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

, 19042.630

https://ibb.co/f2mr0s9

https://ibb.co/nftnWgW

I have also checked my wifi adapters to see if this might be an issue, which I doubted initially. Can't seem to find anything wrong

My installation of Windows is brand new, less then a month old. My motherboard is also brand new.

:)

JonathanYun1, Nov 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 doesn t recognize ethernet cable

I've recently upgraded from win7 to win10, and it says cable is unplugged or broken now, but it was working perfectly fine right before the update. Tried resetting the network settings, and updating the driver automatically with windows by using USB tethering
    to the last version, still not working. Used half and full duplex settings. The cable just won t be recognized

The driver is Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V

Date: 3/21/2017

Version: 12.15.25.6

mosteanudragos, Nov 16, 2020
  3. rez001 Win User
    IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Ethernet won't recognize after a Shutdown or Sleepmode, only solution is to Reset Network,... [​IMG]

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Ethernet won't recognize after a Shutdown or Sleepmode, only solution is to Reset Network,... [​IMG]

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Ethernet won't recognize after a Shutdown or Sleepmode, only solution is to Reset Network,...

Disable updates in sleepmode

It's not automatically downloading thats annoying me so much as it decides to update while my PC is in sleepmode, i don't see how that helps me sorry. I've seen some people say disable it in task scheduler but it won't let me do that despite using the pro
    version.

MajorFoley, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Ethernet won't recognize after a Shutdown or Sleepmode, only solution is to Reset Network,...

1. Ethernet won't recognize after a Shutdown or Sleepmode, only solution is to Reset Network,... - Similar Threads - Ethernet won't recognize

2. Blue screen after sleepmode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen after sleepmode: Everytime after my PC goes into sleepmode it crashes when I start it. This is since a few weeks... I cannot find out why this happens.In this We transfer link is my windows minidump fileshttps://we.tl/t-246gMeDx4w...
  3. Network issues after sleepmode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network issues after sleepmode: Hi there,I have been using my Lenovo IdeaPad 5 for about two months now, with windows 11 running. However, everytime I 'lock' or 'Sleep' my laptop, I experience network issues upon unlocking/sleeping. The network icon on the bottom right doesn't show my laptop is connected,...
  4. Network issues after sleepmode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network issues after sleepmode: Hi there,I have been using my Lenovo IdeaPad 5 for about two months now, with windows 11 running. However, everytime I 'lock' or 'Sleep' my laptop, I experience network issues upon unlocking/sleeping. The network icon on the bottom right doesn't show my laptop is connected,...
  5. Ethernet cable getting recognized only after uninstalling and re-installing the ethernet driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet cable getting recognized only after uninstalling and re-installing the ethernet driver: Hello all. I have a laptop which came with Windows 11 installed. At first there were no issues but for the past week my Ethernet cable does not get recognized by my laptop. Following the steps I have seen here in similar questions, I unplug my cable, uninstall the Ethernet...
  6. Ethernet cable getting recognized only after uninstalling and re-installing the ethernet driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet cable getting recognized only after uninstalling and re-installing the ethernet driver: Hello all. I have a laptop which came with Windows 11 installed. At first there were no issues but for the past week my Ethernet cable does not get recognized by my laptop. Following the steps I have seen here in similar questions, I unplug my cable, uninstall the Ethernet...
  7. Windows 10 won't show WiFi networks only Ethernet works

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 won't show WiFi networks only Ethernet works: Hi,For some reason maybe it was after updating Windows overnight now I can't connect to WiFi or even see WiFI networks to connect to.I tried connecting my laptop to the internet via an Ethernet cable and it works, but WiFi is just not an option anymore..All my other devices...
  8. PC Won't start after shutdown during a reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Won't start after shutdown during a reset: Yesterday I tried to reset my PC, and once the screen went black I assumed something went wrong and I turned it off. Once I turned my PC back on, it showed the same black screen with my monitor saying "Input not supported" by default, the same one it showed when I was turning...
  9. PC Won't Recognize Ethernet Cable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Won't Recognize Ethernet Cable: submitted by /u/DreiVinci [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dpkqiw/pc_wont_recognize_ethernet_cable/
  10. HDD not recognized in startup, only after reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD not recognized in startup, only after reset: Hello I've recently upgraded to Windows 10 and I'm facing a problem: in the startup one of the HDD is not recognized.. I have to push the reset button and when Windows starts again then the HDD is recognized as normal and everyting goes OK. But I'm getting tired of this...