Windows 10: Ethernet

Discus and support Ethernet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I would greatly appreciate any help. My dektop wont work with an ethernet cable, it says “unidentified network” “no internet” I reset the modem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Over_here, Sep 16, 2020 at 2:22 AM.

1. Over_here Win User

Ethernet

Hello, I would greatly appreciate any help.
    My dektop wont work with an ethernet cable, it says “unidentified network” “no internet” I reset the modem and router and got it to work. But then the router would not work. I was able to only get the router to work by disconnecting the ethernet cable from my desktop to the modem. And when I reconnected the desktop to the modem, the pc does not have internet again.

:)

2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Ethernet [​IMG]

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Ethernet [​IMG]

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Ethernet [​IMG]

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Ethernet [​IMG]

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

3. Cannot connect to ethernet no valid ip configuration

We appreciate the information you've provided. We'd like to confirm the results after following the steps on the link provided on our previous post.

Meanwhile, to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check the following:

• If the Ethernet port is clean.

• If the end of RJ45 (Ethernet cord) is still intact.

• If available, test the RJ45 (Ethernet cord) to your other device and check if issue persists.

We look forward to your reply so we can assist you further.

4. Ralph Sta Win User

Ethernet

ethernet

Hi,

To better assist you, kindly answer the following:

• Did you try to change the Ethernet and check if the network is connecting?
    • Is the Ethernet working in other computers?
    • Are there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Thema:

Ethernet

1. Ethernet - Similar Threads - Ethernet

2. share folder work by Ethernet and Not work by wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    share folder work by Ethernet and Not work by wifi: i have 2 pc both have windows 10 the first is Connect by Ethernet the second Connect by wifi and has share folder and both of them in the same router it was working fine and suddenly i cannot Access the share folder fromthe first pc but when i switch the connect in the...
  3. share folder work by Ethernet anfd Not work by wifi

share folder work by Ethernet anfd Not work by wifi: i have 2 pc both have windows 10 the first is Connect by Ethernet the second Connect by wifi and has share folder and both of them in the same router it was working fine and suddenly i cannot Access the share folder fromthe first pc but when i switch the connect in the...
  4. intermittent Ethernet issues.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    intermittent Ethernet issues.: I've been having intermittent issues with my ethernet cable for the last week or so for 5-30minutes it will go down once or twice a day at that time the WIFI still works so i have to switch to it. has anyone had a similar issue and would know how to fix it submitted by...
  5. Ethernet fault on motherboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Ethernet fault on motherboard: As the title suggest really my Ethernet on my motherboard has randomly started to drop connection or sometimes it just wont connect to the net at all so I restart it and sometimes it works. Failing that I have to use a WiFi dongle connected via USB. When Ethernet cables...
  6. Ethernet Connectivity

Ethernet Connectivity: I am going insane I've tried nearly everything I can think of but despite my internet connect being fine for every other device and my ethernet being plugged in I cant access the internet. I've done a network reset, I've done a router reset, I've updated drivers but I still...
  7. Audio, Video, & Outbound Ethernet Traffic Stuttering, Skipping, Or Glitching

Audio, Video, & Outbound Ethernet Traffic Stuttering, Skipping, Or Glitching: Video Example: https://photos.app.goo.gl/1wt7FziRnWCyA7f16 This is a Dell Precision 7520 with i7, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, and Windows 10 Pro 2004. Audio playback experiences skips, glitches, or stuttering. Video will do the same thing on screen at the same moment as the audio....
  8. Windows 10 WIRED ethernet configuration lost/not restored after hibernation

Windows 10 WIRED ethernet configuration lost/not restored after hibernation: I recently noticed this issue, I have no idea when it may have started or if it has been present since I purchased this laptop. When I shutdown or restart, without the wired connection, my WiFi connection comes up and everything works. If my ethernet wire is connected, the...
  9. Windows 10 Ethernet driver, Lenovo p14s

Windows 10 Ethernet driver, Lenovo p14s: So my work is deploying these to our users. We manage our laptops through Intune. The Win10 2004 image does not have the ethernet driver on it, so I'm trying to insert it into the image using DISM. I can verify that driver is in the image before unmounting, but the ethernet...
  10. i have tried using ethernet but no internet is detected

i have tried using ethernet but no internet is detected: recently I have routed a ethernet cable under my house and set up a socket in the wall but when I plugged the ethernet into my router and my computer it says unidentified network and no internet access. I don't know what the problem may be but I hope somebody else will....