Windows 10: Etremely slow system

Discus and support Etremely slow system in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Folks, I run Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. Lately, it’s been running very slowly Apps have been “stuttering”—stopping for 30 to 60 seconds—and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RogerBlair1, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Etremely slow system

Folks, I run Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. Lately, it’s been running very slowly Apps have been “stuttering”—stopping for 30 to 60 seconds—and the response to touchpad inputs often lags by 5 to 10 seconds. Also, my apps Firefox, Microsoft Mahjong, Libre Office—you name it are running so slowly that I could start an app, go to the bathroom, and come back to find the app is still loading!

Here are the things I’ve done so far:

• Cleaned out all the junk I could find with four different utilities;

• Run Microsoft Defender my real-time protection and several others Trend Micro, MalwareBytes, KVRT, Sophos, Spybot, SuperAntiSpyware, IObit Malware Fighter and Glary Malware Hunter once on fast scan and once where the program allowed for a full scan of my computer nothing which made any observable difference was found;

• Defragged my disk;

• Run “sfc /scannow” which found nothing;

• Run “dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth” which also found nothing;

• Stopped all unnecessary startups;

• Looked for “processor hogs” none found;

• Uninstalled unnecessary apps;

• Made sure all my software is up to date;

• Checked my power plan Balanced; and

• Run the System Troubleshooter which also found nothing.

I haven’t yet tried stopping the visual effects I’m not sure that would be worth the trouble in speed increase, and I’mveryreluctant to reinstall the system I have about 100 different apps I’d need to reinstall. Can anyone suggest anything else I can try or anywhere else I can look?

:)

RogerBlair1, Jun 25, 2020

2. System slow down

Hello,

Slow PC performance can be caused by several factors. Since you are aware of the issue's source, we suggest that you run the
    Maintenance task. This will help you in checking and resolving any issues that is causing your device to slow down. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.

If the issue is still not resolved, feel free to let us know and we'll assist you further.

Regene Jos, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Jun 25, 2020
  4. mbmeadows Win User

Etremely slow system

Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Etremely slow system

1. Etremely slow system - Similar Threads - Etremely slow system

2. SYSTEM TOO SLOW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM TOO SLOW: HOW CAN I SPEED UP MY PC + MAKE HIM REBOOT FASTER WITHOUT UPDATES + WHY MICROSOFT KEEPS ASKING ME TO SING IN although I MARKED THE BOX IN THE THE FIRST PLACE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-too-slow/63f6ce8f-f6a8-45c1-9c46-cf310ab5f0a9
  3. System startup slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System startup slow: what i recover https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-startup-slow/6cd86787-042b-4e26-a83e-be8b7bc22c01
  4. System startup slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    System startup slow: what i recover https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-startup-slow/6cd86787-042b-4e26-a83e-be8b7bc22c01
  5. System running slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System running slow: Hi My laptop running slow when i open on screen keyboard mouse cursor freezing and Internet also working slow. Please help me about this issue .Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-running-slow/0243e613-ff04-41f7-831b-c3c80c73b435
  6. System Slow Response

System Slow Response: I have an i38th gen year old laptop with 4GB RAM, W10 & MS365both original, licensed. Whenever i try to open Chrome or Edge, the first response is "Chome/Edge is not responding". It takes agonizingly long time to open and same is the case with closing, it takes long time to...
  7. System slow down

System slow down: I experienced a series of BSOD on startup and shutdown and it took me a couple of days to find the cause and fix. However, now that I am not getting BSOD, my system is extremely sluggish. It is like if a huge process is constantly running in the background. Even pulling Task...
  8. Slow system

Slow system: my system is really slow/ There was a time when I would wipe the partition a d rebuild. How do I speed up my sytem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-system/91593f6b-90cb-4483-80ff-e739103f6634
  9. BSODs and slow system

BSODs and slow system: Split from this thread. Hi, After updating Windows ver 1809, there's BSOD issue. error" BCD". even sometimes it comes after imaging the machine also. And system is also getting slow after the upgrade. even clear unwanted files, removing third party apps, and system is...
  10. System slow down

System slow down: Ever since the Oct 9 v1803 update I have been experiencing a slow down in several areas. Windows apps like Microsoft News and Mail load extremely slow. The Amazon Shopping extension in Edge stopped working. Edge itself is almost worthless. Pages load very slowly and then...