Windows 10: EtwRTDefenderApiLogger.etl

Discus and support EtwRTDefenderApiLogger.etl in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What is this process: Windows\System32\LogFiles\WMI\Rtbackup\EtwRTDefenderApiLogger.etl I see in resource manager this comes up sometimes and chews... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rivre, May 16, 2019 at 8:27 AM.

1. rivre Win User

EtwRTDefenderApiLogger.etl

What is this process:

Windows\System32\LogFiles\WMI\Rtbackup\EtwRTDefenderApiLogger.etl

I see in resource manager this comes up sometimes and chews away at my HDD for a good 10 minutes. Very annoying as it loves to run while I'm trying to use my PC for other things.

Can this be disabled?

I don't even have defender enabled so I have no idea why this runs.

:)

2. John Sarc Win User

Error source: Kernel-EventTracing ID: 2 Task category: Session

Before we delete it, we suggest that you create a backup first, and do that just, follow the directory. See the steps below:

• Go to C: > Windows > Logs
      > NetSetup > service.0.etl.
    • Right-click on service.0.etl and copy and paste it where the same file (service.0.etl) is saved in.
    • When pasting, add a .bak on the file name. It should be like this:
      service.0.etl.bak.

Once, done proceed with deleting it. Still, follow the directory, this time, when you do the right-click, choose
    Delete.

Let us know if this allows you delete the file.

3. etl file

I’ve checked the system and found System.1.etl file in disk C. I don’t know if this file is important. What can happen if I delete it?

AntonioHernandez9, May 16, 2019 at 8:32 AM
  4. EtwRTDefenderApiLogger.etl

ETL Collector svc, What is it?

Most likely ETL is a third party service. We recommend that you do a clean boot to your computer, it will use a minimal set of drivers and startup
    programs. After that, check if ETL service is still running.

Let us know how it goes.

Marielle Cas, May 16, 2019 at 8:32 AM
Thema:

EtwRTDefenderApiLogger.etl

1. EtwRTDefenderApiLogger.etl - Similar Threads - EtwRTDefenderApiLogger etl

2. SSD is 50% consumed with ETL files. How do I free up that space?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD is 50% consumed with ETL files. How do I free up that space?: My hard drive is in the red. I downloaded Windirstat to see what was going on and found that half my SSD is filled with ETL files. I researched it and found that they are event files that accumulate. I'm not sure if I can upgrade to a larger SSD with this machine. In any...
  3. SSD is 50% consumed with ETL files. How do I free up that space?

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD is 50% consumed with ETL files. How do I free up that space?: My hard drive is in the red. I downloaded Windirstat to see what was going on and found that half my SSD is filled with ETL files. I researched it and found that they are event files that accumulate. I'm not sure if I can upgrade to a larger SSD with this machine. In any...
  4. ETL Files & Tracelogging

in Windows 10 Support
    ETL Files & Tracelogging: Hello everyone, I would like to ask about .ETL (Event Trace Log) Files. Recently I noticed in the \System32\SleepStudy Folder that there is a file that keeps track of when my laptop screen is turned on - or woken. The ScreenOn Folder has a heap of ETL logs, each at around...
  5. Uploading zipped .etl file to Microsoft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Uploading zipped .etl file to Microsoft: Could somebody out there please direct me on how to upload a zipped .etl file to Microsoft using OneDrive (already installed)? I am following MS System Utilities to report a problem. The file has already been green ticked in OneDrive but I'm not sure if MS will receive it...
  6. [SOLVED] How can I bulk covert '.etl' files to '.evtx' files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    [SOLVED] How can I bulk covert '.etl' files to '.evtx' files?: In Event Viewer, I can open an individual '.etl' file and then convert it to '.evtx' format. I want to do that for hundreds of 'etl' files. Is there a bulk method to perform the conversion? Warm Regards, Mark....
  7. How can I bulk covert '.etl' files to '.evtx' files?

How can I bulk covert '.etl' files to '.evtx' files?: In Event Viewer, I can open an individual '.etl' file and then convert it to '.evtx' format. I want to do that for hundreds of 'etl' files. Is there a bulk method to perform the conversion? Warm Regards, Mark....
  8. [SOLVED] How can I create a default opener for '.etl' files?

[SOLVED] How can I create a default opener for '.etl' files?: *SOLUTION* With a bit of thought, I solved this myself. I'm leaving this here to help others... I created a CMD program: 'c:\CMD & tiny apps\OPEN ETL FILE.CMD', that contains a single line of text: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\mmc.exe" "C:\WINDOWS\system32\eventvwr.msc" /l:%1...
  9. Windows 10 stutter (upload .etl) Updata.2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 stutter (upload .etl) Updata.2: Every few minutes windows will stutter The magnitude of each are not the same this time i get a bigger stutter 227s on record but I do not know how to use this software only can be record both w8 and w8.1 have same issue but w7 please, help tried, But not...