Windows 10: EtwRTDefenderApiLogger.etl

Discus and support EtwRTDefenderApiLogger.etl in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What is this process: Windows\System32\LogFiles\WMI\Rtbackup\EtwRTDefenderApiLogger.etl I see in resource manager this comes up sometimes and chews... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rivre, May 16, 2019.

1. rivre Win User

EtwRTDefenderApiLogger.etl

What is this process:

Windows\System32\LogFiles\WMI\Rtbackup\EtwRTDefenderApiLogger.etl

I see in resource manager this comes up sometimes and chews away at my HDD for a good 10 minutes. Very annoying as it loves to run while I'm trying to use my PC for other things.

Can this be disabled?

I don't even have defender enabled so I have no idea why this runs.

:)

rivre, May 16, 2019
  2. John Sarc Win User

Error source: Kernel-EventTracing ID: 2 Task category: Session

Before we delete it, we suggest that you create a backup first, and do that just, follow the directory. See the steps below:

• Go to C: > Windows > Logs
      > NetSetup > service.0.etl.
    • Right-click on service.0.etl and copy and paste it where the same file (service.0.etl) is saved in.
    • When pasting, add a .bak on the file name. It should be like this:
      service.0.etl.bak.

Once, done proceed with deleting it. Still, follow the directory, this time, when you do the right-click, choose
    Delete.

Let us know if this allows you delete the file.

John Sarc, May 16, 2019
  3. etl file

I’ve checked the system and found System.1.etl file in disk C. I don’t know if this file is important. What can happen if I delete it?

AntonioHernandez9, May 16, 2019
  4. EtwRTDefenderApiLogger.etl

ETL Collector svc, What is it?

Most likely ETL is a third party service. We recommend that you do a clean boot to your computer, it will use a minimal set of drivers and startup
    programs. After that, check if ETL service is still running.

Let us know how it goes.

Marielle Cas, May 16, 2019
Thema:

EtwRTDefenderApiLogger.etl

1. EtwRTDefenderApiLogger.etl - Similar Threads - EtwRTDefenderApiLogger etl

2. .etl files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .etl files: Yesterday I deleted almost 700 GB of etl files which were accumulating in the System 32 Log Files between the 4th and 8th of February. I now see they're back and growing. I can almost see the bar-graph for the C drive in the PC window increasing in size as I look at it. Prior...
  3. .etl files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .etl files: Yesterday I deleted almost 700 GB of etl files which were accumulating in the System 32 Log Files between the 4th and 8th of February. I now see they're back and growing. I can almost see the bar-graph for the C drive in the PC window increasing in size as I look at it. Prior...
  4. .etl files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can I move .etl files to a different disk?

Can I move .etl files to a different disk?: I have 2 ssd disks on my machine, one is small, the other is large. The small disk is where the OS and program files are. It also houses the .etl file, which is taking a lot of space. I've moved some of my personal files to the large disk, but can I move the .etl file into...
  6. Can I move .etl files to a different disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I move .etl files to a different disk?: I have 2 ssd disks on my machine, one is small, the other is large. The small disk is where the OS and program files are. It also houses the .etl file, which is taking a lot of space. I've moved some of my personal files to the large disk, but can I move the .etl file into...
  7. Can I move .etl files to a different disk?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How do you convert ETL to EVTX to forward to WEC server?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you convert ETL to EVTX to forward to WEC server?: I am trying to forward DNS analytics logs to WEC server, but WEF only forwards EVTX format and the logs I have are in ETL format. How can I convert ETL to EVTX?...
  9. How do you convert ETL to EVTX to forward to WEC server?

How do you convert ETL to EVTX to forward to WEC server?: I am trying to forward DNS analytics logs to WEC server, but WEF only forwards EVTX format and the logs I have are in ETL format. How can I convert ETL to EVTX?...
  10. How do you convert ETL to EVTX to forward to WEC server?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing

Users found this page by searching for:

1. etwrtdefenderapilogger.etl

2. service.0.etl

3. etwrtdefenderapilogger etl