Windows 10: Eudora 7 fails to load in Win10

Discus and support Eudora 7 fails to load in Win10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Just installed Win 10. Now Eudora 7 fails immediately with error message The directory specified in the command line Files doesn't exist or... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ben Chi, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Ben Chi Win User

Eudora 7 fails to load in Win10

Just installed Win 10.

Now Eudora 7 fails immediately with error message
    The directory specified in the command line
    Files
    doesn't exist or is not writable.

I have no idea what this means or where to begin with this.

This despite Win 10 crowing upon completion of installation that "all your files are exactly where you left them."

:)

Ben Chi, Mar 25, 2016
  2. BeebleOZ Win User

The hyperlinks in Eudora 7 emails no longer work.

After installing Windows 10 the hyperlinks in Eudora 7 emails no longer worked. I have reinstalled Eudora and made it the default Email program.

My default browser is Chrome.

I receive " server execution failed", error message

Also it won't let me open the email in the Browser. As a stop gap I'm copying links and pasting them in the Chrome Browser.

BeebleOZ, Mar 25, 2016
  3. RickHan Win User
    win10 wlan fails after upgrade from Win7 and clean install on HP laptop

I reverted back to Win 7. WLAN and everything else works fine again.

So the Win 10 upgrade failed to get the WLAN working, even though the driver appears to install without errors.

With Win7 installed, the light on the WLAN key on the keyboard is white at boot, and stays white.

With Win10, the light is orange, even before Win10 is loaded.

Win10 must load some sort of software in the bios that is interfering.

Win10 upgrade is a fail on this system without WLAN working.

RickHan, Mar 25, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

I did a little research into this and found this possible fix:

"Thanks. You answer put me onto the correct answer:Copy all of the Eudora files from C:/Program Files/Qualcomm/Eudora to c:/users/sales/appdata/roaming/qualcomm\eudora. Then edit the registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Qualcomm > Eudora > CommandLine and replace C:\Program Files\Qualcomm\Eudora\Eudora.exe with c:\users\sales\appdata\roaming\qualcomm\eudora\Eudora.exeI may not have my slashing tilted the right way but you get the idea."

I have to question why you want to use software that hasn't been updated for 6 years though. Could potentially have security risks.

swarfega, Mar 25, 2016
  5. Ben Chi Win User
    Thanks for the quick response. But it doesn't quite do the trick. After the folder replication (replacing "sales" with "bec") and registry mod you suggest, upon initial program load, Eudora says "Eudora is not currently the default program. Would you like . . .? [Y][N]" Clicking [Y] gives "Eudora was unable to update the system registry. Your default program has not been changed." [N] gives similar results. Then we get the banner page "Welcome to Eudora!" Then "Either there is no default client or the current client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default client."

On reëxamining the registry entry, it now says

"C:\PROGRA~2\Qualcomm\Eudora\Eudora.exe C:\Users\bec\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\Eudora C:\Users\bec\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\Eudora\Eudora.ini" (all one line). Very mysterious.

I am eager to migrate to Thunderbird but don't want to lose all my mailbox contents. Can I do that migration without a functioning Eudora?

Ben Chi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Eudora 7 fails to load in Win10 - Similar Threads - Eudora fails load

2. "page failed to load" default programs For Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "page failed to load" default programs For Windows 7: whenever I tried to open default programs or network and sharing center it shows page failed to load If I reload the page also it shows page failed to load how can I fix it in my windows 7...
  3. forza 7 "load failed unknown error occurred"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    forza 7 "load failed unknown error occurred": i had this error message when i pressed enter to start the game recently. it used to work fine until today. please i need a fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forza-7-load-failed-unknown-error-occurred/3eef7e13-fa21-4542-8197-2be88d296555
  4. Eudora

in Browsers and Email
    Eudora: Here's a question that has to do with the times. A friend wants to know if they can install Eudora 6.1.2 over Eudora 7.1 without losing any email. It seems to be the only way (maybe) of getting rid of the massive headers when forwarding email. They've tried everything they...
  5. How to make Eudora 7 my default email app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to make Eudora 7 my default email app: Hi, I 'm using Eudora 7 as a mail client and for well-founded reasons do not wish to change that. I often times need to open it from a web site when clicking on a link for which the underlying code is "mailto:<adresse@mail-service>" where <adresse@mail-service> is the...
  6. Eudora

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Eudora: I am trying to install Eudora on my laptop Windows 10 so I can transfer my email from my Windows 7 desktop but I am having difficulty with setting up. When I try to connect, the connection times out. I really love Eudora and want to remain with that email program....
  7. Forza motorsport 7- load failed- windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza motorsport 7- load failed- windows 10: I tried an overclock on my PC, (fail), opened forza 7 sat there awhile while I was looking at temps and adjusting GPU settings. When I hit enter to continue it started to load for about a second, then blue screen. I turned everything back to normal once I got it back on and...
  8. eudora on win10 receives emails but does not send

in Browsers and Email
    eudora on win10 receives emails but does not send: Hi, got new dell computer xps 8900 with win10 preinstalled. I installed eudora to c: a solid state drive with Mbx files on drive D; I can receive emails from my server but can not send--no error messages, just does not send. Can anyone help? 55493
  9. connecting to Yahoo in Qualcomm Eudora 7 in window 10

in Windows 10 Support
    connecting to Yahoo in Qualcomm Eudora 7 in window 10: I upgraded to Windows 10 and upgraded to EUDORA 7.1 and now I cannot connect to YAHOO mail. Is EUDORA on it's way out? Has anyone else been able to connect EUDORA to YAHOO in Windows 10? 32766
  10. win10 will not load

in Windows 10 Support
    win10 will not load: I have had no problems with win10 for 3 months, then 3 days ago I could not get to the start page, I can only go to "desktop" I can use some of the apps on the taskbar, but the internet is disconnected, but under "wifi" I am connected to the router? I was on the chat line...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where does eudora load onto my pc